Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally did a full protein day

today just been using the Atkins ones (only 15 g protein), but I ordered like 6 others that will arrive tomorrow. I guess I will play around. What do you recommend?

Unfortunately, I have struggled with getting my Protein in as well as any liquids, including Water since surgery. I have been in the E.R. twice since surgery on 4/17/2017 for dehydration. This has really been torture. It's frustrating since I had always been a Protein Shake and excessive water drinker prior to my surgery, but for some reason since surgery it is impossible for me to tolerate Protein Drinks, and any other liquid that contains artificial sweetener. I just don't understand it!!!! If it wasn't for the horrible chewable Multivitamins and being allowed to consume food I would probably waste away. My prayer is it gets better as time passes.

Thanks and yes those Vitamins turn my stomach

As soon as I healed enough to take pills instead of chewables, I went to GNC and switched out some of the vitamins.

9 minutes ago, VooLivre2017 said:

As soon as I healed enough to take pills instead of chewables, I went to GNC and switched out some of the Vitamins.< br />

Those chewables suck and I'm glad I hear how people switched and doing well without doing chewables like they recommend

1 hour ago, WhatdidIDo said:

Unfortunately, I have struggled with getting my Protein in as well as any liquids, including Water since surgery. I have been in the E.R. twice since surgery on 4/17/2017 for dehydration. This has really been torture. It's frustrating since I had always been a Protein Shake and excessive Water drinker prior to my surgery, but for some reason since surgery it is impossible for me to tolerate Protein Drinks, and any other liquid that contains artificial sweetener. I just don't understand it!!!! If it wasn't for the horrible chewable Multivitamins and being allowed to consume food I would probably waste away. My prayer is it gets better as time passes.

I'm sorry you're going through that. I really haven't had a appetite since my surgery but I'm finding way to taste food even if I can barely hold anything in. Walking has been my relief and I hate that I paid for those chewable multivitamins YUCK!!! They actually make me nauseous

2 minutes ago, arringtonc49 said:

I think it is the kind of Protein drink you have. I love my Protein powder and I mix in my Yogurt.
It taste like good old chocolate pudding. The chewable vitamins I was recommended to get was Flintstones. They are soooooo good for your multi Vitamin.

I'm going to buy some Flintstones ASAP because my NUT said no but I'm hearing good things about Flintstones..... that's why I love this site because we really support each other

My surgeon does not recommend Flinstones as they don't have the right Vitamins & minerals or amounts for bariatric patients. They're not an adequate source of nutrition for us but unfortunately many docs still recommend them. For example, they don't have the right kind of Vitamin A, Calcium or Iron and are missing selenium. There are much better complete multi-vitamins for adults than Flinstones children's vitamins.

Flinstones are also not the cheapest or best tasting vitamins out there.

Edited by MarinaGirl

Note that some people have problems with chewable vitamins post-WLS, including myself. The reason is because many of them contain Sugar Alcohols, which are chemicals/artificial sweeteners that have "-itol" in their name, such as Xylitol, Sorbitol, Mannitol, etc. Now when I eat products that contain SAs, I get sick to my stomach (i.e. nausea & pain).

Just got a bottle of 60 for 6 bucks and yes I'm sticking with these.....thanks a mil

On 5/18/2017 at 6:53 PM, Mrfeelgood said:

I'm sorry you're going through that. I really haven't had a appetite since my surgery but I'm finding way to taste food even if I can barely hold anything in. Walking has been my relief and I hate that I paid for those chewable Multivitamins YUCK!!! They actually make me nauseous

I'm sorry that you are having a hard time with holding anything in. I guess if it isn't a struggle with Protein it's our taste buds. I'm looking forward to the day I can look back and smile.