Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it Possible that a person isnt meant to be skinny?

15 minutes ago, Chaelove0810 said:

what happen a few months ago lol

There was way more of this:

I totally agree with you on the abrasiveness...unfortunately the experience that people acquire makes them feel like they know everything and they can't wait to criticize and shove their knowledge down the throats of others...

Just now, summerset said:

There was way more of this:

ooo i only wanted positive vibes only and good advice and people who understand

Thank You!! i do have skin at the bottom of my stomach and on my arms but i had the Gastric Sleeve ,, have you had a surgery yet ?

No girl I have my rny on Monday lol but I get it I'm African American as well and I do believe we naturally have thickness but with that being said don't look at numbers just get and stay where you look good and feel good!

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow. Yes all people are not
Suppose to be skinny . Your biology has a lot to do with it. There is a huge difference in being morbidly Obese and just overweight. I know genetically thin people! The east what they want and never gain. Then some of us store everything as fat. I tell the story of my cousins. 2 natural one adopt until they got to there 20'. They looked so much alike skinny, blond. Now years later. Adopted child tall thin blond. The other 2 are quite heavy. Same house, food etc.

There is a lot we don't know regarding genetics, but we have to use what we do know.

We do know processed food is an issue and consuming it leads to cravings and less satisfaction and poor health. Back in the 1960's we did not have this proliferation of processed food and the people/workplace were less sedentary. There were still obese people but not even half as many as now. And I only remember 5 kids in elementary school that had a weight issue, now I see very heavy kids, plus slightly overweight kids in the majority. It starts in the home, and a parent has the opportunity to control most of it if they have the information and willingness to do so. The impediment to this is misinformation fed to us by the latest 'study' on nutritional guidelines totally skewed by many factors.

I believe we can all be a healthy weight but not easily if it has been messed up since childhood. I believe we have different shapes and frames, but you can clearly see fat on those shapes and frames if it is there. The 'normal' natural weight people I know do not overeat and are not food obsessed - do not get anxious about when or what they are going to eat, do not eat like it is their last meal on earth and stop when they are full.

Edited by Sosewsue61

I appreciate everyones feedback. Some of the responses came off a little abrasive but i can take it . Let me make it clear that im not trying to be "skinny" im trying to be healthy and i want to learn to love myself. I personally dont want to be down to 120 lbs because i wont be comfortable. My goals are my goals whether im no where near skinny or im still considered obese. I came on this site for support and to share my thoughts and to get positive feed back and have another support system outside of my family because they dont understand it the others who are going through it would understand. This is all new to me even tho its been a year im still trying to figure it all out
16426015_1789196451297010_4055696506268252451_n.jpg.af30d68d206f190ec5b5d6b79fa11205.jpg
18057069_1821447588071896_300118691092432343_n.thumb.jpg.9ed1276668e66a2fee673f93dc9e3df6.jpg

Whaaaaatt!? U look great. Your doing amazing. Enjoy the journey girl. Everything will happen when it's time.

Yes of course. Everyone has a set point that their body wants to be. People are made in a wide variety and there is no reason to try and be super skinny!!! Focus on getting to a place you are comfortable.

Then again people will say all sorts of stupid ****. My mom once told me I'm not meant to have thin thighs. Well, now I have a thigh gap! So there mom.

Our bodies can change dramatically through weight loss. Everyone, and I mean everyone, can get skinny under the right conditions. But that doesn't necessarily mean they are healthy.

Your ideal set point weight is probably whatever weight you were BEFORE you began dieting and most effortlessly in your life. For many that is your weight in your late teens.

For me this was about 130. I'm 5'6.

I appreciate everyones feedback. Some of the responses came off a little abrasive but i can take it . Let me make it clear that im not trying to be "skinny" im trying to be healthy and i want to learn to love myself. I personally dont want to be down to 120 lbs because i wont be comfortable. My goals are my goals whether im no where near skinny or im still considered obese. I came on this site for support and to share my thoughts and to get positive feed back and have another support system outside of my family because they dont understand it the others who are going through it would understand. This is all new to me even tho its been a year im still trying to figure it all out
16426015_1789196451297010_4055696506268252451_n.jpg.af30d68d206f190ec5b5d6b79fa11205.jpg
18057069_1821447588071896_300118691092432343_n.thumb.jpg.9ed1276668e66a2fee673f93dc9e3df6.jpg

Ummm Snatched! Give me that body I'll be killing it! Omg you look amazing and congratulations on your success.. I'm pre op and girl if I have results like you, I would be truly blessed.. you look good!!!

And another thing about this site.. some things you have to take with a grain of sand. . I think people read these threads with no regard, quick to want to correct and dictate. Knowing damn well we have all crossed these hurdles one way or a other.

On 5/17/2017 at 0:51 PM, chynadoll619 said:

Ummm Snatched! Give me that body I'll be killing it! Omg you look amazing and congratulations on your success.. I'm pre op and girl if I have results like you, I would be truly blessed.. you look good!!!

And another thing about this site.. some things you have to take with a grain of sand. . I think people read these threads with no regard, quick to want to correct and dictate. Knowing damn well we have all crossed these hurdles one way or a other.

I agree a 10000% lol but thank you so much i appreciate it i guess im just disappointed myself more than anything

I agree you look beautiful as you are. If you're done losing, be done!! There is nothing to say where and when you are content- only how you feel.

Both pictures are amazing your doing well ignore people who don't have anything positive to say. That's exactly why we are all on this sight to support each other and to get healthy together

7 hours ago, bellabloom said:

I agree you look beautiful as you are. If you're done losing, be done!! There is nothing to say where and when you are content- only how you feel.

Thank you <3

7 hours ago, bigjoe1234 said:

Both pictures are amazing your doing well ignore people who don't have anything positive to say. That's exactly why we are all on this sight to support each other and to get healthy together

Thanksss :)

My doctor told me not to go below 170 and Im 5 ft 1 inch. Fat by weight standards. Down from a 26 to a 14. Im healthy and did feel good until I gained more weight. Now Im battling that. Healthy is what Im going for. Been big all my life. I dont feel I am meant to be skinny.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

First of all at 5'4 and 165 you won't be skinny or anything close to it. Everyone is so damn fat in America, people don't even know what legit skinny even looks like.
Big boned is a myth, yeah some people might have slightly larger frames but big bones is BS. My bones are 3x denser than the average woman my age and they still barely weigh anything, and they look TINY on a DEXA scan. they are covered in fat and muscle. Big bone is just lie people tell themselves and others to justify obesity.
Just because the weight is harder to lose or slower coming off doesn't mean you aren't meant to lose it or you can't lose it. You are barely one year out from surgery. It will probably take you another 6 months or so to lose the rest if you keep eating right.
People need to think about their general health and wellness. The way insurance is going right now, those few extra pounds can cost you a lot in insurance premiums in the future. Everyone should be striving to get to a normal BMI at this point.
And just because you are smaller doesn't mean you won't have curves. I have lost an entire grown man in weight and I still have enough titties for 3 broads and I have hips, thighs and a butt. Slim thick is really a thing.
People need to stop kidding themselves. You will never be this young ever again in life. Go for your goal, go for it hard. It is never going to be this easy to lose weight ever again.

Well some people are bigger boned than others. Ways you can tell is hand and wrist size. I have seen fatties with petite little hands and tiny wrists say big boned and I just smile inside. People always guess me 15 to 20 lbs lighter than I am. I have really big shoulders, did have big boobs but had them reduced. Im too old to be packing around double D's. Good luck to you in your Quest for being healthy and eating clean. The battle is never won. Its a struggle all your life. I had a bad year and am up27 lbe. Back at the battle again. If I dont get control l am up to 300 again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk