Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Okay this message might show twice I'm not quite sure what I just did, but I typed in a message and it went somewhere but I'm not sure where! Strange!!

Thanks everyone for your reply on insurance carriers covering fills. I need to check with my carrier, I have Blue Cross. They cover weightloss surgery if you meet their requirements, but I did not because I had know health problems related to being overweight (yet).

Everyone keep up the good work!!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c161/g145

I CANNOT WAIT until I can fit into a "regular size" in my scrubs.

I am wearing a 3X now. I could use a 2X but I like breathing!

We run out of scrubs every once in a while and people say "just wear what they give you, extras"

WELL! They don't always HAVE 3X in the linen dept and when they dont they search around yelling "anyone have really big scrubs"?:welldoneclap:

I want to be able to throw on L or M's!!!!!!!

I totally hear you! :wink: I luckily do not have to wear hospital scrubs (well, luckily depending on how you look at it), otherwise Lord only knows what I'd end up with! We seem to either have super small or super large, and hardly anything in between. I've had pretty good luck with XLs from Landau and Cherokee. I just hate scrub tops with a passion! I still only fit in 2X in tops because of my boobs! Lately I've been going with a t-shirt and a lab coat, and that has been way more comfortable. I'll be so excited when I can finally fit into an XL in Dickies!

Okay, I need help!!

For the most part I'm pleased with my loss. 90 pounds since last January 18 isn't bad....just not what I had hoped for! For the last month or two I've struggled like crazy. Have tried going down to as little as 900 calories a day and as high as 1500 calories a day. Either way I can't lose any more. I haven't started exercising and sure that is going to be the next step. Guess my question to everyone is.... When you lost a chunk of weight and then quit losing what did you do to jumpstart it again? I'm really getting mad at myself and that only makes me want to eat, figure not losing while watching it so what the heck! I know that's not the answer but can't seem to get started again......Please all input would be appreciated!!

Lisa -- for me the trick has ALWAYS been exercise. And it doesn't have to be much, just something to get moving. You'd really be surprised how much a little exercise can affect your overall metabolism!

Well guys, I got an unfill today! I finally saw my new band doc (liked him, thank goodness!), and I told him how I've barely been able to eat anything for the past two weeks. So, now I'm down to 1.3cc. It seems scary low, but now is not the time for me to be worrying about weight loss. I still feel restriction, but I was able to eat a fish taco for lunch today with no problems. Yay!

Well guys, I got an unfill today! I finally saw my new band doc (liked him, thank goodness!), and I told him how I've barely been able to eat anything for the past two weeks. So, now I'm down to 1.3cc. It seems scary low, but now is not the time for me to be worrying about weight loss. I still feel restriction, but I was able to eat a fish taco for lunch today with no problems. Yay!

I have only had 2 fills since I was banded last January, and I honestly don't think my first fill took because that was when I was having my complication with my port coming up from the muscle. I have SO much restriction all the time, some days more than others. I can barely get liquids, aside from Water, down. I have not had a "real" meal in weeks. I am about 7 lbs from goal so I am going to finish up and have my band loosened. I am thinking about becoming involved with a nutrionist because I do not have good eating habits yet. Actually, I still try to eat like I am fat, especially when ordering food at a restaurant. I do not over eat, but I certainly over order. It's ridiculous. Oh well...I ate poorly for 30 years, I guess I can't break that habit in just 1

Angyl, so what have you been drinking to sustain your nutrition? Protein Drinks?

I guess that is exactly what I'm afraid of, getting a fill and only being able to do liquids. For me, I need to learn to eat properly...in portion sizes and types of food. I"m scheduled for a fill next week but am thinking about cancelling it again. I feel restriction...but then I have been questioning myself about...is it enough? Should it be just a bit tighter? I have more of that painful feeling in my chest when I swallow something...I'm watching bite size and chewing a bunch. No drinking when I eating.

How do you know when the restriction is enough?

Man - I wish I had the restriction that you guys talk about. it seems I keep trying and trying and I get it for a little bit, and then it disappears. I've never really had to take small bites of food, I've been able to eat anything - without getting stuck. I'm at 3.0 cc's, and I get my fill on Friday. I did experience being too tight once, and I was really completely closed, so I know what it feels like to be too tight.

I'm just ready to get the rest of the weight off. I've been stuck for 5 months, no weightloss really, just keep losing the same 5 lbs, over and over. I'm not really going to focus on the scales, and I've been pretty good at staying off of them. I'm trying to change my mind - trying to eat like a normal person, instead of obsessing over my weight, my food etc.

I'm very happy I have the band, I'm a little disappointed in myself that I have let myself make bad/poor food choices over the past months. I am ready for the fill on Friday and I think that will give me a jump start in getting my mind right again. I've been exercising, I still feel like I am not giving it my all on the exercise, I guess because I'm so limited in the amount of cardio because of my knee. Anyhow, I know when I first started exercising, I hated it and I forced myself to go to the gym, I barely gave any effort to it, but by the 3 or 4th week, something inside my clicked and I went crazy. I am hoping that happens to me again, so I continue to force myself to the gym.

I have my Lasik on Thursday, so I will be off the computer beginning Thursday and for the rest of the week until next Monday.

Debbie - you have done great!

Lisa, so have you, 90lbs in a year, wow! I do think Exercise is the key to get the weightloss going again.

Angyl - wow, did you say 7 lbs from goal? That is awesome! I know what you mean about ordering food at a restraunt, I do the same thing. I've tried to start sharing with my DH now, this helps me in not overeating.

Juno - glad you like your new fill doc! The slight unfill might help with the weightloss too, I read on a website that being too tight can cause weightloss stalls. Oh, but your pregnant, so weightloss should not even be a concern. How are you feeling - any morning sickness? I just remember being pregnant and how tired I was the first 3 months. I would go out to my car everyday and have to take a nap.

Sula - you aked the million dollar question for me "How do you know when the restriciton is enough"? I keep trying to find this out. It seems that I want to have take small bites of food like everyone else, and I can't seem to get to that point. I'm not sure why. I'm either too lose, too tight. Its frustrating getting to the sweet spot. My doctor said that you should have to work at eating meat, you should not be hungry for 4 hours, and should eat about the size of a lean cuisene tv dinner. Which is about 3 to 4 oz of food he said. Anyhow, I'm praying that my 8th fill will finally do the trick.

Mary - you will fit into the smaller scrubs soon, I'm sure of it!

Cindi - you keep inspiring me to get to the gym! You have done so great! and you look so good.

Jen - Hows things going with you now that you had the revision? Does everything seems to be working correctly now?

Baby - thanks for the email, I told my cousin, she is pumped! She had RNY in November last year, she quit losing weight by the 5th month and hasn't lost a pound since. She is hoping that something will help boost her matabolism.

I will check in with everyone on Monday, not sure if I will be back online until then due to the amount of work I'm loaded down with at work.

Talk to everyone later.

Sunshine....Good luck, when you get a chance let us know how it went!

I agree with everything you and Sula have said. Probably need a fill (appt. is next Wed.) but am afraid of doing it! Not sure what "the sweet spot" should actually be. I just ate about 2 inches of a Subway sandwich with no problem. Then again, if I eat something too quick during certain times of the month I can get stuck within a bite or two. The thing is I hardly ever quit because I'm full, usually do so because it's what's measured out. Wish there was a magic chart for fills....ya know!!

I forgot what that was. My nutrional habits are awful. I am actually eating a steak, for the first time since the surgery, but I need to get some sort of Protein and Iron. I had my 1 year post op bloodwork done today. God, they take A LOT of blood. That can't be good for me lol.

Sunshine: I am about 8 lbs away from goal...I think. I am 153 lbs, and according to those sick doctor's charts I am supposed to be about 137-145, depending which chart you look at. According to BMI I am ALMOST not "overweight" haha. Sometimes all these numbers make my head hurt. I feel great, but some crazy doctor made a height and weight chart back in like 1930 which says I am STILL fat! Blah.

The restriction is good but gets very frustrating. There are days I just want to eat a real meal and keep it down. That very rarely happens. I bought some ensure shakes to keep at home and at the office for those hard to swallow days. I'll let you guys know how that works out.

Sunshine, good luck with the lasik surgery! I'm sure you will do great!!

Debbie

banded

1/8/07

h235/c161/g145

Tonya - good luck with the Lasik! Can't wait to hear how much you love your "new" vision! :smile:

I haven't felt any nausea really. Mostly I am just so so extremely tired and my back hurts and I'm very headachy. It almost feels like the flu minus the gross parts!

How is everyone doing? It is freezing cold here in Montana and all I want to do is curl up under a blanket!! I am, however, eating Soup, which has few calories, but also few grams of protein!!

This may post twice...my fingers got twitchy!!

How is everyone doing? Freezing cold here in Montana and all I want to do is sit under a blanket!! I am eating Soup, tho, which has few calories, but also not too many Protein grams.

This may post twice...my fingers got twitchy!!

How is everyone doing? Freezing cold here in Montana and all I want to do is sit under a blanket!! I am eating Soup, tho, which has few calories, but also not too many Protein grams.

HI Sula, So do you love living in Montana??? I hope to one day make it there , I've seen photo's and it seems beautiful. I am from Louisiana . So when were you banded?