Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get it Started, July 2017 Sleevers!

3 hours ago, NYCGAL000 said:

Are you serious? I've never heard of that! My surgeon requires me to just have liquids 10 days before. I'm going july 15th...How will your liver shrink with just one day? thats odd. you dont have any other pre op requirements?

Nope, none, other than all of my preop requirements, i.e., psych, cardio...

Boonie...Did you have to loose weight for awhile like I did for 6 months?

1 minute ago, kimmlu said:

Boonie...Did you have to loose weight for awhile like I did for 6 months?

No, nothing. If I went through my insurance I might have had to, but since I was self pay there were no weight loss requirements. I am actually going on vacation a week before my procedure and she told me to enjoy! :)

Hmmm...I wonder if it's got to do with your current bmi??? Have a good vacation but just want to wish for you good luck...I feel great and hope all goes well with you also:D

Just now, kimmlu said:

Hmmm...I wonder if it's got to do with your current bmi??? Have a good vacation but just want to wish for you good luck...I feel great and hope all goes well with you also:D

I wonder that too. I am currently at 36.5 BMI. Thank you so much!

I'm scheduled for 7/20. Have my cardiac eval and egd scheduled for this week! Time is flying by. My surgeon isn't requiring a preop diet, just nothing after midnight the night before, AND I'm an outpatient surgery. Looking for anyone with same sort of scenario.

Outpatient?? Cool!!! My surgeon isn't requiring me to be on a pre op diet either. I've been doing my own low carb deal and am down 21 pounds so that's probably why. I'm so excited to get another tool to help with my weight loss!

Good luck to you!

Thank you for being so welcoming! [emoji4] I am not telling anyone but my parents about the surgery. So this group is going to be good for me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Same here!! I'm just telling everyone I'm going on vacation [emoji23] the only people who know are my kids, my boyfriend, and my co workers. Friends and family don't know.. aside from a few close friends..

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm excited for you all...it is a true life changing event...but I do have a question....Why not tell everyone? You never know where or who will be your best support. Everyone knew when I was scheduled...come to find out my hairdresser and favorite grocery checker had bypasses and they had great advise plus when they see me they are so happy to see the results so far which feels real good. My church prayed for me and my pastor came with my hubby the day of surgery...it was nice to feel the support and love....heck... I say tell everyone! :rolleyes:

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:19 AM, kimmlu said:

I'm excited for you all...it is a true life changing event...but I do have a question....Why not tell everyone? You never know where or who will be your best support. Everyone knew when I was scheduled...come to find out my hairdresser and favorite grocery checker had bypasses and they had great advise plus when they see me they are so happy to see the results so far which feels real good. My church prayed for me and my pastor came with my hubby the day of surgery...it was nice to feel the support and love....heck... I say tell everyone! :rolleyes:

I feel like I could write an entire novel to answer this question, but to sum it up, I don't need the type of external support that I could potentially get from my friends/family. Complying with the program is up to me and there is nothing that anyone else can say or do to keep me on track or motivate me other than myself. I know this about myself from years of dieting. I do not like anyone giving me unsolicited advice about my weight or my eating habits. I suppose that if I had a friend or family member who had been through WLS I would talk to them to get advice from someone who has actually been through the procedure and is living the post-op lifestyle. That is why I have turned to this forum: to get practical advice from people who are going through the same experience that I am. That being said, I am happy to hear that you have a support system in place that works for you!

My surgery is also on July 10. Day 4 of pre- op diet. At hospital for labs. [emoji15]. Only telling people I trust to support me as I'm feeling fairly emotionally and physically shaky. Focusing on how much my life will improve after surgery. I have a long list of things I'm excited to do - travel, hike, learn to fence, swim, ride horses, tie my shoes without a struggle. [emoji4]

I feel like I could write an entire novel to answer this question, but to sum it up, I don't need the type of external support that I could potentially get from my friends/family. Complying with the program is up to me and there is nothing that anyone else can say or do to keep me on track or motivate me other than myself. I know this about myself from years of dieting. I do not like anyone giving me unsolicited advice about my weight or my eating habits. I suppose that if I had a friend or family member who had been through WLS I would talk to them to get advice from someone who has actually been through the procedure and is living the post-op lifestyle. That is why I have turned to this forum: to get practical advice from people who are going through the same experience that I am. That being said, I am happy to hear that you have a support system in place that works for you!

I am so with you. My nearest and dearest know, because I trust them not to give me unsolicited advice/comments, because this is what they've practiced in 25 + years of friendship. This is MY journey. I know what's required and how seriously I must take this. Scary, yes. But in my 55 years, I've done lots of scary things and survived, even excelled. I expect this to be no different. [emoji173]️

I have now started telling everyone......I am finding that even people that I thought would be ignorant are really being supportive. i work at a hospital and one co-worker was telling me about hey only get to see the patients that have issues, but the sleeve is the best choice. I have had a couple people tell me they think it is the easy way out, but then I tell them all I have to do before and after and they are like wow....maybe it isn't the easy way. I had my Pre-op appointment with my surgeon and he made me feel way better....I did ask why I only have to do a 4 day pre-op liquid diet and he said because i am on the lower end of the BMI scale. I also had my pre-admission testing and met with the Anesthesiologist and said I need him to make sure I make it off the table.....He said well that s kinda my biggest priority, But I am gonna put in your chart that you are demanding we make sure you get off the table...lol. I feel that this is MY Journey and I know it isn't going to be easy, but I am the only one that can make me fail......My surgery is 15 days away ....I am nervous but ready!

I'm so excited for you and no...it's not the easy way out...lots of hoops to jump through even before the surgery and I have been grateful for each one. I never was a slow eater and was never mindful of my eating...my nutritionist made sure I became slower and mindful BEFORE my surgery and I thank God for that every day because you HAVE to eat slowly after the surgery, at least I do, or my tiny tummy will rebel. Best of luck to you...I hope you love it as much as I have.:D

June is well underway! Some of us have less than 30 days until our surgery dates! OMG!!!!!!
Where is everyone at in the process? I have my Orientation next week, so that's my next step!

I have mine on 07/21. Pre op appt 7/06. I'm excited and nervous all in one,