Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!

A bit about me. I had a lapband in 2008 and lost 40kg. I went on to have two babies in 2012 and 2015. My heaviest weight was 152kg in 2008. With the band I got down to 112kg.

In 2016 I ballooned to 138kg after my sons birth and gestational diabetes. I'd had terrible reflux and pain after my sons birth which only got worse.

I was starting to have bowel issues late 2016 and went for a colonoscopy. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease.

So in November 2016 I went to have RNY surgery and band removal.

My starting weight was 135.2kg. Today I am 108.7kg so I have had a 26kg loss. It's been a slow road and often painful because of my Crohn's - still learning what I can tolerate etc.

I'm a bit disappointed as I felt my weight loss would be faster. It's about 1kg a week. I stall often for three weeks and then suddenly lose 4kg in a week which I find is a bit weird.

Anyway that's me!

I'm 35 and trying to take back my life before 40!

I feel like I may not lose anymore. I hope I do! My dr thinks I will only get down to 95kg

Hi Rach
I'm also in Australia and going to have bypass surgery in one week. I'm excited and nervous about the changes and impact it will have on my social life but at the same time know that it is the right step to take for a long life. I'm also wanting to make big changes before my 40th birthday.

Hi Rach
I'm also in Australia and going to have bypass surgery in one week. I'm excited and nervous about the changes and impact it will have on my social life but at the same time know that it is the right step to take for a long life. I'm also wanting to make big changes before my 40th birthday.

Hello where in Australia are you?
You won't regret the bypass. It's been a slow process but I'd never be down this much weight alone :)
Where is your surgery being done?

I'm on the 15th but not sure of the time. I'll find out today when I go for my last psych and nurse appointments. That's awesome you are in Brisbane too!

I'm in Brisbane and the surgery will be at St Andrews

Hi. I'm in Brisbane too and am having the bypass on 2nd June. I am so excited. My sister had it done in February and is doing really well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm in Brisbane too!
Sleeved on 20/4 at the Wesley. I'm down 14kgs so far and pleased with my progress to date. Good luck with your surgeries and recovery!

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, living life said:

Yay! Good luck with the surgery. Have you started your pre-op?

Thank you! Yes am on day 4 of the shakes.