Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sleeved today! 24 April 2017

Morning sleevers. The day is finally here. I'm having my Gastric Sleeve this afternoon!

I'm nervous, anxious, scared, excited, you name it. My first surgery so I'm nervous of what to expect and how I will react to the anaesthetic. My sister had a sleeve nearly 3 years ago and has lost over 100lbs. My turn.

Im being treated privately under the care of Mr Hassn in South Wales, UK. Fingers crossed I have one of the easier journeys I've read about.

Hoping to use this post as a kind of diary of my experience. Starting weight 22st 13 (321lbs). No pre op diet required by my surgeon so it's going to be in at the deep end.

Been overweight my whole life with episodes of great weight loss but the weight creeps back on over time. I'm drawing a line under the yoyo dieting and want a thinner healthier me!

Wish me luck!

Edited by Propo

Congrats hon. Here's to a new you! 👏🏽

Best of luck!!

Morning sleevers. The day is finally here. I'm having my Gastric Sleeve this afternoon!
I'm nervous, anxious, scared, excited, you name it. My first surgery so I'm nervous of what to expect and how I will react to the anaesthetic. My sister had a sleeve nearly 3 years ago and has lost over 100lbs. My turn.
Im being treated privately under the care of Mr Hassn in South Wales, UK. Fingers crossed I have one of the easier journeys I've read about.
Hoping to use this post as a kind of diary of my experience. Starting weight 22st 13 (321lbs). No pre op diet required by my surgeon so it's going to be in at the deep end.
Been overweight my whole life with episodes of great weight loss but the weight creeps back on over time. I'm drawing a line under the yoyo dieting and want a thinner healthier me!
Wish me luck!

I wish you all the best for today.Your story same as mine yo yo was my sister all my life and same over time put weight back on.
I'm from Essex Uk waiting for op date any day now.Would love to be your buddy for support.
Hope the op went well see you on the other side to your new slimmer self.

Leanne

Good luck to you! I know you will be successful in your new journey. Please keep us updated with the outcome of your surgery.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thank you all so much for your good wishes. I'm out on the other side. Sleeved!

Operation was pretty straightforward but I was quite a while in recovery. I asked for a premed to relax me a little before the operation and I think this made my journey out of anasthesia more difficult. Felt sick but soon went.

Not much sleep last night as the nurses were checking my vitals pretty often and the iv pump alarm was hyper sensitive. Hope to sleep better tonight.

I had a nasal drain fitted during surgery and this was removed this morning. Not fun. I have an incision drain remaining which is being removed tomorrow morning and I'm hoping to go home tomorrow afternoon.

Nothing but tea and Water so far. Not feeling hungry at all. No food for 36 hours now. Clear Soup, yoghurt from tomorrow.

I wish you all the best for today.Your story same as mine yo yo was my sister all my life and same over time put weight back on.
I'm from Essex Uk waiting for op date any day now.Would love to be your buddy for support.
Hope the op went well see you on the other side to your new slimmer self.

Leanne

Hi both, good luck. I am from Swansea and has surgery on the 4th April. I am the same as I have been overweight most of my life but had times of deamatic weight loss. If you need Any help or advice let me know.

Sent from my SM-G925I using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you all so much for your good wishes. I'm out on the other side. Sleeved!
Operation was pretty straightforward but I was quite a while in recovery. I asked for a premed to relax me a little before the operation and I think this made my journey out of anasthesia more difficult. Felt sick but soon went.
Not much sleep last night as the nurses were checking my vitals pretty often and the iv pump alarm was hyper sensitive. Hope to sleep better tonight.
I had a nasal drain fitted during surgery and this was removed this morning. Not fun. I have an incision drain remaining which is being removed tomorrow morning and I'm hoping to go home tomorrow afternoon.
Nothing but tea and Water so far. Not feeling hungry at all. No food for 36 hours now. Clear Soup, yoghurt from tomorrow.

Hi, I had the drip in for a week and that was very strange but for the first 48hours I did not sleep much either. Mine was also througb discomfort as I could not get comfy at all plus a dry mouth. It helps to have wipe for your face and mouth. Also swill your mouth out with water so the dryness is not so bad.

50 minutes ago, Claire78 said:

Hi both, good luck. I am from Swansea and has surgery on the 4th April. I am the same as I have been overweight most of my life but had times of deamatic weight loss. If you need Any help or advice let me know.

Hi Claire. Fabulous. Good to have a local sleever. Did you have the surgery in Bridgend? How were the first few days for you? Xx

50 minutes ago, Claire78 said:

Hi, I had the drip in for a week and that was very strange but for the first 48hours I did not sleep much either. Mine was also througb discomfort as I could not get comfy at all plus a dry mouth. It helps to have wipe for your face and mouth. Also swill your mouth out with Water so the dryness is not so bad.

Thank you. I'm drinking lots of water and tea. Helping my mouth stay pretty good. Just can't get comfortable with the hospital bed and the drain on one of the incisions. Home, own bed tomorrow. Yayy! Xx

Feeling much better today. Except from a slight bit of acid when I drink, I'm feeling pretty human again. Still no hunger and just drinking Water and tea until later today.