Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today has been a tough one-Day 5

So today has been a tough afternoon emotionally and mentally. I feel pretty alone, because I am going through this major change and no one else in my life is, which can feel very isolating. All my loved ones are supportive, and it's hard for anyone close to me to understand what I'm going through. I feel so lucky to have a place like this to let things out but it's been difficult just thinking of all my friends out eating, drinking & enjoying the day when I'm sitting on the couch alone is various states of discomfort. The fact that I'm about 15mins from starting my period probably isn't helping my pity party, but sometimes you've got to let things out to feel better. I just have to remind myself to be patient and know if will all be worth it in the end!

I'm 9 days since surgery and have had a rough day today. I've had the why the hell did I do this and beating myself up. Doesn't help that every other stinking commercial on tv is people laughing, eating and enjoying themselves in a restaurant. I keep trying to tell myself as soon as I start feeling normal again and not struggling to get enough Water in and Protein it will be better and I'll be so much happier.

I'm 3 days post op. I have 3 little kids to care for. Hubby is back at work. Thankfully my cousin is here helping. She even brought her sweet little baby. I'd be lost without her. The pain and lack of energy sucks! I can't wait for healing and advancing my diet. Can't wait to be at my new normal.

Oh how I appreciate this post so much. I am 4 days out and laying in bed going through the same exact thing. I'm to the point now where I will only watch movies with no commercials because I cannot take the food commercials anymore. I told myself in due time I will be back to normal and enjoying life again. This is just a small time period in the grand scheme of things. We all did this so we can live a happy and healthier life. We got this!!! hahahaha best of luck to everyone!

Hey Ladies!

Just want to be what I hope is a gleam of light for you all. I had my surgery 12/1 and I so remember being and feeling exactly where you ladies are but know soon you will look up and be to your new normal of feeling good AND looking good! My highest weight was 215, at surgery I was 192, and today I'm 152 just 10lbs away from goal weight. Ladies it gets better I promise just take it one day at a time but start with the end in mind[emoji6] Congrats ladies!!!

Thank you for cheering us on. I had surgery 4/19, and I'm struggling so much right now. It really helps to hear from people who have been through the hard times and don't have regrets. Yesterday I was able to get in all my fluids but today I'm only halfway there. Does it go up and down like that? I thought it would be easier today but it definitely is not

Thank you for this post. I got my surgery April 18th and I feel miserable emotionally and physically. My wounds don't even hurt very much, it's the nausea and lack of will to do anything that is killer. I am definitely questioning this decision but I'm hopeful that this is temporary.

Thank you for cheering us on. I had surgery 4/19, and I'm struggling so much right now. It really helps to hear from people who have been through the hard times and don't have regrets. Yesterday I was able to get in all my fluids but today I'm only halfway there. Does it go up and down like that? I thought it would be easier today but it definitely is not

Agree, that helped me through reading others post to keep the hope alive. Yes your days will fluctuate but try to set alarms they helped me. This period is not easy but easier is coming!:)

Thank you for this post. I got my surgery April 18th and I feel miserable emotionally and physically. My wounds don't even hurt very much, it's the nausea and lack of will to do anything that is killer. I am definitely questioning this decision but I'm hopeful that this is temporary.

I felt the same. You will experience a roller coaster of those emotions and questioning your decision but try not to because soon you will be on the other side enjoying the benefits. I'm experiencing from experience and had to take this advice too. During these times remind yourself of why you got the surgery and your results are coming SOON!!!:)

So I had my surgery on 4/18 (Tuesday) too and have experienced some ups & downs with nausea, which I still need meds to deal with. But now I'm back home & the pain is mitigating, and my largest issues seems to be hunger, which I totally didn't expect. My doctor wants me to stay on a full liquids diet until day 7 & then easing into pureed food, so I've been following those directions. I hit approximately 60 grams Protein today & have been careful about making sure that I'm getting sufficient liquids.

I was released Friday mid-day & had a very hard time eating in the hospital & drinking the Protein Shakes while in there, but I was pretty vigilant about the liquids and also on IV through Thursday night.

Is this hunger just a reaction to not having really eaten for a few days last week?

I really thought my appetite would be checked by the surgery.

For what it's worth I seem to have lost 5 lbs but assume that is mostly Water weight.

Thanks for any insights you have!

I'm 15 months out now...I remember the struggles of the early days...feeling like it wasn't worth it. But it gets better, easier too. Once you start being able to eat and drink a little more normal, you'll begin to feel normal. It also helped me to think about the times when I was down because of my weight...those weren't such fun days. Fast forward 15 months, I went from 285 lbs to 185 lbs. The initial struggle was worth it...hang in there, it does get easier.

Hey Ladies!

Just want to be what I hope is a gleam of light for you all. I had my surgery 12/1 and I so remember being and feeling exactly where you ladies are but know soon you will look up and be to your new normal of feeling good AND looking good! My highest weight was 215, at surgery I was 192, and today I'm 152 just 10lbs away from goal weight. Ladies it gets better I promise just take it one day at a time but start with the end in mind[emoji6] Congrats ladies!!!

So your total weight lose in 5 mths is 73 lbs !! Wow you go this is day 7 for me so I'm still at the baby stage but can't wait to be where you are thanks for sharing!

So your total weight lose in 5 mths is 73 lbs !! Wow you go this is day 7 for me so I'm still at the baby stage but can't wait to be where you are thanks for sharing!

I got down to 192 day of surgery and now 147.

Congrats! And thanks for sharing. I'm on liquid pre op diet and today was emotional and depressing. I keep repeating to myself why I'm doing this. Better liver...better surgery. For my health. For climbing stairs without feeling like my lungs are going to come out of my chest.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 15 months out now...I remember the struggles of the early days...feeling like it wasn't worth it. But it gets better, easier too. Once you start being able to eat and drink a little more normal, you'll begin to feel normal. It also helped me to think about the times when I was down because of my weight...those weren't such fun days. Fast forward 15 months, I went from 285 lbs to 185 lbs. The initial struggle was worth it...hang in there, it does get easier.

Great encouragement!! Gives me some positive to focus on I'm getting sleeved June 1st [emoji4]

Sent from my S8+ using BariatricPal mobile app[emoji41]