Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi:

Do you only have to go to your PCP for med clearance? I just posted how I wish that was the case for me. My surgeon requires we see a Cardiologist and Pulmonologist. So many appointments in a very short time. I also have to attend a 2 hr group meeting at his office.

Dis you tell work why you need time off?

Hi Jen. I don't think I'm required to see a pulmonologist or cardiologist because no one else in my program has mentioned it, though I may post on our FB group to see. If so, with my work schedule, I don't know how I will get it all done in time. It like I said, I don't think I have to.
I took 2 weeks off work. I work pretty closely with some ladies and have for over ten years. In fact, one of them picked me from the EGD procedure and brought me home. I have no local family and really only 2 good friends, both of whom can't get time off work easily. As much as I love my coworkers, I have not been honest with them. I told them the EGD was because of my reflux. I told them my surgery is to repair a hiatal hernia and possibly remove my gall bladder. I do have both of those issues but I did not mention that really, it's all for the sleeve. I read about recovery from hiatal hernia repair and it's pretty similar to a sleeve with restricted diets, etc. as swelling goes down.
I've been obese since I started working at my job in 2006 and got bigger until I was 350 in 2010. I then did a medically supervised liquid diet for a year and then regular diet, both with lots of exercise and got down to 180 lbs. I was super active, running, working out, etc. but I struggled the last 5 years constantly yo going up and down and I'm now back at 300. I didn't share this with them (or many people at all). I'm not embarrassed about having it, I just don't want any attention or expectations. I've been dealing with the ups and downs and comments already for my whole life. I'm in the healthcare field and see my patients every six months or so and it bothers me how some started with me when I was thin and now see me this heavy and have no idea this is really more reflective of my appearance than that brief period of being thin. Long answer, sorry. [emoji846]

46 minutes ago, queenbee88 said:

Surgery date may 15 I have lost a total of 35 pounds before surgery

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That is my surgery date. Twinsie.

Hi Jen. I don't think I'm required to see a pulmonologist or cardiologist because no one else in my program has mentioned it, though I may post on our FB group to see. If so, with my work schedule, I don't know how I will get it all done in time. It like I said, I don't think I have to.
I took 2 weeks off work. I work pretty closely with some ladies and have for over ten years. In fact, one of them picked me from the EGD procedure and brought me home. I have no local family and really only 2 good friends, both of whom can't get time off work easily. As much as I love my coworkers, I have not been honest with them. I told them the EGD was because of my reflux. I told them my surgery is to repair a hiatal hernia and possibly remove my gall bladder. I do have both of those issues but I did not mention that really, it's all for the sleeve. I read about recovery from hiatal hernia repair and it's pretty similar to a sleeve with restricted diets, etc. as swelling goes down.
I've been obese since I started working at my job in 2006 and got bigger until I was 350 in 2010. I then did a medically supervised liquid diet for a year and then regular diet, both with lots of exercise and got down to 180 lbs. I was super active, running, working out, etc. but I struggled the last 5 years constantly yo going up and down and I'm now back at 300. I didn't share this with them (or many people at all). I'm not embarrassed about having it, I just don't want any attention or expectations. I've been dealing with the ups and downs and comments already for my whole life. I'm in the healthcare field and see my patients every six months or so and it bothers me how some started with me when I was thin and now see me this heavy and have no idea this is really more reflective of my appearance than that brief period of being thin. Long answer, sorry.

I think my ins co is requiring the cardiologist & pulmonologist clearances. My PCP couldn't believe I needed them. Her nurse told me the same thing & they did one for another one of my surgeon's patients very recently and it wasn't needed. I have no problems in either area.

Great idea on using the hernia as a cover. I work in a big office and it has spread like wildfire that I will be out for 3 weeks. I've told my close co-workers (3) of them, but am now starting to regret it. One of them told me, it is your body and your choice who you tell. I don't like being the subject of the latest rumor mill.

I completely understand the struggle, I've been in it most of my life. The times I was able to get down in weight all seem like small little blimps. I'm looking forward to a second chance of having a healthy lifestyle.

Surgery date may 15 I have lost a total of 35 pounds before surgery

Awesome! I've dropped 26 and hope to make it to at least 30 by surgery date.

I think my ins co is requiring the cardiologist & pulmonologist clearances. My PCP couldn't believe I needed them. Her nurse told me the same thing & they did one for another one of my surgeon's patients very recently and it wasn't needed. I have no problems in either area.

Great idea on using the hernia as a cover. I work in a big office and it has spread like wildfire that I will be out for 3 weeks. I've told my close co-workers (3) of them, but am now starting to regret it. One of them told me, it is your body and your choice who you tell. I don't like being the subject of the latest rumor mill.

I completely understand the struggle, I've been in it most of my life. The times I was able to get down in weight all seem like small little blimps. I'm looking forward to a second chance of having a healthy lifestyle.

Hi Jen. Everyone in my office is now asking also. They see the schedule and I am known for taking exciting vacations (October was a safari in Kenya) so everyone is wondering what my plans are. I'm sure there may be some suspicion after the fact but whatever.
BTW, I found out that I am required to have pre-op chest X-ray and EKG prior to surgery. I called the surgeons office and they told me the hospital should be calling to set up the pre-op testing. It's hard for me to get time off so I actually called the hospital instead of waiting for them to call me. I set it up for the same day as my pre-surgical meeting with the doctor and it gives me about 3 full business days for the results to get to my PCP for review at my 4/19 appointment. It's a lot of coordination but I hope it is worth it. I've been watching some really great YouTube videos that really help me feel like I'm doing the right thing.

May 1st is my date also. I'm ready, but dreading the pre-op diet.

10 hours ago, Seraya said:

Hi Jen. Everyone in my office is now asking also. They see the schedule and I am known for taking exciting vacations (October was a safari in Kenya) so everyone is wondering what my plans are. I'm sure there may be some suspicion after the fact but whatever.
BTW, I found out that I am required to have pre-op chest X-ray and EKG prior to surgery. I called the surgeons office and they told me the hospital should be calling to set up the pre-op testing. It's hard for me to get time off so I actually called the hospital instead of waiting for them to call me. I set it up for the same day as my pre-surgical meeting with the doctor and it gives me about 3 full business days for the results to get to my PCP for review at my 4/19 appointment. It's a lot of coordination but I hope it is worth it. I've been watching some really great YouTube videos that really help me feel like I'm doing the right thing.

Yes! The coordination or the setup of coordinating all the tests with the various drs. is a part time job!!

I LOVE the YouTube videos... it is how I've spent my time since starting the 6 month diet back in September 2016. I'm starting to do some myself.

9 hours ago, MrsHTX said:

May 1st is my date also. I'm ready, but dreading the pre-op diet.

Twinsies! I'm not looking forward to it either, but my dr lets us eat 1 lean Protein a day with a green veggie. I just can't imagine making it on Protein Shakes only. I have one for Breakfast every morning and it goes right through me.

On 4/10/2017 at 7:57 PM, thejesshow said:

As ready as I'll be. I have been doing this since last May so I was starting to get a bit frustrated it was taking so long. So right now I'm excited. I assume I'll start to get a bit more nervous once liquid diet starts. You?

Edited by MrsHTX

44 minutes ago, Jen727BF said:

Twinsies! I'm not looking forward to it either, but my dr lets us eat 1 lean Protein a day with a green veggie. I just can't imagine making it on Protein  shakes only. I have one for Breakfast every morning and it goes right through me.

Same for me. I start on Monday.

My pre op date is may 2 what Protein Shake you guys like I don't like none lol

I like Premier Protein. I tried Organic Valley and didn't like it. Also, Whole Foods has an organic line which is good, but both of these have too much sugar. I'm drinking them until Monday when I start the pre-op diet. I am planning on making my own this weekend.