Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 8th here

May 1st here as well! Excited but anxious all at the same time. If my husband asks me if I'm scared or nervous one more time I might kick him! Lol

May 1st here as well! Excited but anxious all at the same time. If my husband asks me if I'm scared or nervous one more time I might kick him! Lol

Lol! Last weekend for me before I start the pre-op diet. I'm trying to resist any food funerals!

May 2nd here! Have my final appointment with my surgeon on Monday, and my hospital physical on Thursday. No pre diet, and I'm getting really anxious!

You are so lucky! I wish I didn't have a pretty open diet. I start Monday for 2 weeks.

I'm honestly torn. From what I've been told, the pre op is the worst, so who wants to go through it? Not me. Yet at the same time, I feel like I should...my surgeon said it's not required, but recommended. But I've never gotten any other information from my CNP, Nutritionist or surgeon...

Watch him pop the information on me Monday. :D

Plus I worry my liver will be in bad shape or something, and make the surgery harder on my body.

I started the liquid diet yesterday... I remember youtubers saying it wasn't too bad. WHAT?!? I'm super hungry most of the day & hunger headache settling in. Deep breathes & eye on prize...12 more days to surgery!

May 5th surgery date for me. I am having lap band removed, and sleeve surgery performed. This Friday I start a 2 week liquid diet and also have to go to hospital, for blood work, urine test, and an ekg. I am nervous and excited ;)

7 minutes ago, Jen727BF said:

MrsHTX:

How is your liquid diet going?

Its not too bad. My diet is not all liquid. I can have unlimited carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and cucumbers so when I start to get too hungry I eat some carrots. Its just enough to keep me from having a headache but not enough to make me happy. lol Are you feeling better?

Its not too bad. My diet is not all liquid. I can have unlimited carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and cucumbers so when I start to get too hungry I eat some carrots. Its just enough to keep me from having a headache but not enough to make me happy. lol Are you feeling better?

Yes, today was better than Monday and Tuesday. I'm ok until about 2 pm and then it gets harder. I can only eat at the time I choose to have my meal. So I can eat green veggies and a green salad with my lean Protein either for lunch or dinner. No snacking in between. I'm going to ask if I can have some broth because that would break up the sweetness from shakes and it would be nice to taste something savory during the day. 11 more days!

Yes, today was better than Monday and Tuesday. I'm ok until about 2 pm and then it gets harder. I can only eat at the time I choose to have my meal. So I can eat green veggies and a green salad with my lean Protein either for lunch or dinner. No snacking in between. I'm going to ask if I can have some broth because that would break up the sweetness from shakes and it would be nice to taste something savory during the day. 11 more days!

Hey there. I'm on day 3 of LRD. My plan sounds similar to yours. We are allowed 2 oz. or protein and 1 cup of green veggies for dinner. With lunch shake we can have a "snack" of 1/2 cup of yogurt or applesauce, then another snack before the dinner. We can also have sugar free Jello and ice pops.
I'm someone who does well with consistency and few choices. So I actually opted to do all shakes. I'm doing 4 a day. It's hardest for me at night so I have some jello and last night had 2 sugar free ice pops. I also had the Unjury protein chicken Soup for dinner instead of a shake. I agree, you need something that isn't cold and sweet sometimes. It tasted good but the Water was too hot so I clumped up. Tonight I'll try the Bariatric Advantage brand chicken soup.
Weighed myself this morning and down 5.8 lbs in two days on LRD.
When it gets hard and I'm hungry, I just remind myself of what this is all for. I want to make sure I remove any barriers to a good outcome by doing my part. I can't believe how close it is to the day.

Finally!! I can post in this thread! I have my pre-op appt/diet on May 1st. My surgery is scheduled for May 15th. 😊 From start to finish it'll be just a tad under 4 months time. It seems like it was forever though. fortunately, I will be able to eat one sensible meal (doc's restrictions) daily during my pre-op diet along with my two shakes. That should make it a bit easier than all liquids. (Sorry to those who have all liquids!!!).

So excited now! Yay!