Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over a year, didn't reach goal, gained weight

Hi! I'm new here, I just found this forum after doing some research on sleeve patients that gained weight. I'm actually really worried, I had started at 125kgs the day before surgery, and I had gotten to 85 kgs last july. I had lost a bit after that, but then I got super busy and hectic with work, I couldn't exercise because of lack of time, and I wasn't taking care of my diet. My anxiety kicked in, and so did my depression. My PCOS started acting up, and I got insomnia as well. It's been hard to face reality and step on that scale after all those months. I'm at 95 kgs again, which makes me even more anxious and depressed. Has anyone here been through something like this? To be really honest I'm incredibly worried and scared. I am eating more than before, which scares me even more. I feel like such a failure and I feel awful for losing the momentum I had, and I don't want to gain weight again. Has anyone here gone through this and got back on track? I'm so scared and worried :(

I went through something similar, but I am 5 year post op. I was at 158, and gained about 15lbs. I have now went back to the ways of eating that I was taught for maintenance, and now I have already lost 5lbs in 6 days. I recommend going back to your nutrionist, and going back to the basics, including exercising. I have really fought depression, but I definitely think you will need to get a handle on that in order to be successful. Good luck, you can do this, we are all here for you!!

58 minutes ago, Delta_35 said:

I went through something similar, but I am 5 year post op. I was at 158, and gained about 15lbs. I have now went back to the ways of eating that I was taught for maintenance, and now I have already lost 5lbs in 6 days. I recommend going back to your nutrionist, and going back to the basics, including exercising. I have really fought depression, but I definitely think you will need to get a handle on that in order to be successful. Good luck, you can do this, we are all here for you!!

Thank you so much for you answer and your support! It's very encouraging. I've been thinking for a while now to go back to a doctor regularly about my depression/anxiety, I had gotten a lot better before the surgery which is why I stopped going, but these past months have been so hectic and I've been all over the place emotionally because of my PCOS. I have already started to get back on track and hopefully I'll be able to see some results with diet and exercise. Thank you for your support!

YUP. in the same boat, vsg 12/2015. don't feel I've lost NEARLY enough as I should have. I can relate to the working out, or lack of. I go see my Dr on the 18th.. I've only seen him 2x since surgery. AND I still am convinced something's up bc I can eat MORE THAN 3 BITES!!! hang in there.. sometimes I wonder if it was all a waste?? (I've started that thread before)..

39 minutes ago, TaureanMe said:

YUP. in the same boat, vsg 12/2015. don't feel I've lost NEARLY enough as I should have. I can relate to the working out, or lack of. I go see my Dr on the 18th.. I've only seen him 2x since surgery. AND I still am convinced something's up bc I can eat MORE THAN 3 BITES!!! hang in there.. sometimes I wonder if it was all a waste?? (I've started that thread before)..

I've seen my doctor a lot since my surgery, but I haven't gone back in because I couldn't afford my blood work, so I've been postponing. I will get my blood work done and go in, once I get back on my feet financially. I am worried too about the amount of food I can actually eat, and even though I still take care of my portions and don't overeat, I'm worried my stomach might be stretching. I do believe anxiety has played a big role in all of this and I'm decided to get everything back on track, as hard as it might be.

31 minutes ago, HodZ said:

It's never too late u can start again

try the 5 days pouch reset

Have you tried this? Does it really work? I could try it!

Thank you for the suggestion and the support!

Edited by Rebeca Corrales

I've also lost a lot of hair, and even though I'm taking my Vitamins, I can't seem to grow it back, in volume or in length. Has anyone experienced issues with this?

3 hours ago, Rebeca Corrales said:

Have you tried this? Does it really work? I could try it!

Thank you for the suggestion and the support!

Today is my 1st day😊

Many people tried it and it works so I hope it will also work with me

Just do it .. it's not that hard I even loved the creamy Soup 😂

Check bariatric 5 day pouch reset group on fb.. they r really supportive

Am always here for u .. good luck with it

Edited by HodZ

It's so easy to get off track- I gained 14# over Christmas. I ate what I wanted and didn't exercise.

I went back to the basics - Protein Shakes and low carb dinner with Protein Bar or cheese stick for a snack. I also started at a new health club that has a pool. I'm swimming laps which I really enjoy. I have been very diligent and have lost all but one of those 14#. I made up my mind that I wasn't going to let this get out of hand!!

You can do it!! Get back to the basics and find a form of exercise you enjoy!

Where I had my surgery I have to attend support group once a month for two years. Doesn't anyone else have these requirements? I had to sign a contract. There are people there post op seven years and some are pre op. It is amazing how it helps. You should also have a patient advocate that came with your surgery and is free forever .