Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ October Thread

Good Morning Y'all!

I can't believe I am the first one here! It is so hot in my house this morning, our A/C went out last night and I can't even get my makeup on for for for sweating it off!

I am going to either leave early or go out in the car and put it on! lol

Darcy - Please know we are there with you this morning, please let us know how things turn out. By the way, I am the one sitting on your shoulder, (the right one) in case it feels a little heavy on that side! Hugs!

I don't have time for personals this morning, but I am thinking about each of you too! I'll try to get back with you tonight if I can.

Later!

Good Morning All...

Betty ...thanks hon. :)

THanks for all of the hugs and prayers... I hope the courts put an end to this once and for all. The thought of being in the same room with this man for medation or any other reason leaves me pretty queasy. This is a man that once told me I could wind up dead if I ever left him. Well... I'm alive and as long as I am breathing I will fight for what is best for my girl. She doesn't know this side of him... the side that talked calmly about his dark thoughts and of how he thought everyone had thoughts of killing someone. THe one that was unfaithful with a lot lizard and when he got caught made up a grand story of being raped by a woman at a rest stop. OY. Boy... love must be blind... cause a sighted woman surely wouldn't have walked into a marriage with that man! He really is a very intimidating and strange man... but Emily loves him... and I love her.

So... I'll tell you all how it goes later tonight...

(((( Betty, SHerry, Eileenie, Irene, Mary, Pat, Diane, Kat, Chris, Cindy, Mandy, Anne, Patty and everyone else that my brain is missing because it is on strike this morning. ))))

Darcy, we are all pulling for you. Remember that love is blind.....but then women get smart and open those eyes back up. You had the good sense to leave and that's all that matters. I'm saying a prayer for you today sweetie. ~Mandy

Hey Gang,

I've been missing just like Darcy has and for the the very same reasons -- the ex and I had a major fight this last Friday (9/28) and I had to stop and lick my wounds. Every since I lost my girlfriend of 30 years, lost my job and now support money for daycare I have been depressed and lost. Hey, don't worry..... I don't stay there long but have to stop a minute and regroup. I went back to my divorce and grief recovery group and they meet on Thursday nights and then after the horrible fight friday night I decided to attend a singles group outing with a church singles group. I mainly did that so that I wasn't cooped up in the house stewing about my troubles. And then yesterday I went to the singles bible study.

Darcy: I feel your pain and I Soooooo want your mediation to go well. God speed with the judge and any decision that is made. Hugs.

My lapband and I are still a team. Haven't gained or lost but I did skip a dr appt. I am very strapped for cash, can't afford the gasoline nor the lecture about fills. I was approved for unemployment and those checks will help immensely. Praise God all my Chistmas gifts(for the most part) have been purchased. My over planning has paid off big time :)

I still have computer problems and don't turn on my computer everyday. I believe I need to completely erase my whole drive and start again. Please keep my Dell in you prayers. I miss everyone and really glad my Disney friends had a blast on vacation. God Bless everyone.

Hi all...wanted to stop in to see if we had heard from Darcy---will be watching for her.

Had kinda a yucky day already....

I went up to this excelsior factory, with my best friends husband (sounds waaaaay kinkier than it should, gives me the heebie jeebies!!!) Rick helped him install a woodstove in their place over the weekend, and he needed wood, but had no idea where this place was or how it worked. This excelsior factory....ok, excelsior is the curly aspen wood, like in swamp cooler pads, or in gift baskets. When they shave the wood into the curly stuff, they do not use anything but the very center of the log. Aspen trees grow very tall, so they begin with long logs, and just cut off the outer sections with the bark, and then shave off the center to make the excelsior, then each end piece that was in the machine is discarded as well. Any pieces with dark color in the knots of the wood, are also discarded. So you go to this factory, and they have huge piles of discards. They charge you between $5.00 and $15.00 per truck or trailer depending how deep into the winter it gets, the more you need the wood, the more they charge!! Surprise! So you just go up, load up the wood you want, pay and go. I have been no less than 40-50 times. So even though Rick was at work, I was going to go up and show Gary where, and how to do this. But I figured, why not fill up my truck with small kindling type of wood. So I did, Gary filled his truck, and we were headed home by about 8. It is 50 miles from us.

I had only gotten about 5 miles out of town, and was on the phone (blue toothed) with Rick when this loud crack happened, and I had something in my eye---BAD! Something was in my eye, and it would NOT open, and the other eye wanted to shut, and I am driving 65 mph! I kid you not, I was squinting enough I saw I could not pull over, there was a guardrail---we are in the mountains of Colorado! Finally I was able to pull over, by that time both eyes are pouring tears, my nose is running in sympathy I guess, I cannot see, I do not have a clue what is wrong with me---I was just scared!

In every vehicle we own we store extra napkins in the door pocket, so I reached down to get some, and there is glass all over in them! I am finally able to somewhat open my eye...my phone is ringing, I would not respond to Rick all of a sudden, and he could hear me freaking out, so he hung up to call Gary---then called me back. I am finally able to see, my windshield is shattered! There is glass all over me, all over the truck! Gary pulls up, and is out of his truck, and over to mine, opens the door and glass falls, he is picking it off of me. The one that had got in my eye apparantly washed out with all the tears, just a red spot to remember it by. I also cut my right breast where glass went down my shirt.

The windshield is shattered in an area just to the left of the drivers face area....in an area not too big. It is still intact in the rest of the truck. I finally settle down, got Rick settled down, and was ok to drive it slowly home. Then he meets me here, and he thinks it was a bullet! All the guys do, there is a hole through the dashmat and into the dash! So now I have to take it to Durango tomorrow, and have the Colorado Sherrifs Office look at it, and make a report. It is hunting season, so they believe that is what it was!!!

Inches......mere inches, and fractions of seconds...and it would have come through the side glass, and into ME! Scared me all over again!

Come home, unloaded the wood, trying to use the adrenaline rush I was on productively...sitting was not an option, I was keyed up big time!

Then went and got Kinsey, and my folks and we went to Walmart to do my parents shopping, had some lunch, and now I am finally able to sit....still a little freaked out by it!

It is going to prove to be an expensive load of wood, when you add my glass deductable to the cost of it! But at least I don'thave a hospital bill to go with it!

So , still a little jumpy, too much to sit still any longer, so guess I'll make something for dinner.

Praying hard for you Darcy----rest of you are in there too!!!

Kat

Hi Y'all!

I was checking on Darcy too! Hope to hear something soon.

Kat, you are lucky to be alive not just scratched and upset! My goodness that came close! I hope you don't go back up there again during hunting season.

Well, the AC man is here checking out the unit so I gotta run.

Catch you later!

Hi, Its me... Donna/Doc What ever you want to call me! No I haven't been lost, LOL I don't even know the last time I posted? Anyway....

REFRESH: Banded Jan 06 in Mexico. Started at 260 .... Got one fill and haven't needed another one. Went down to 203 and then gave in to the food demons! Went back up 231 until I surrendered.!!!! AGAIN !!!! Working out 6 days a week, 4 of those days with a trainer and back on track with food. As of last Sunday I am 210. I am still losing weight that I already lost once, but I can't look back, just ahead.

My husband John and I were talking last night. He said I may not always use the band as a tool as I should, but neither of us regret me getting it. He gets a vote since I was self pay .... I am so grateful I have my band and that I am back on the food recovery.

So, I have been snooping lately, catching up. Good to see some familiar names...

kisses

d:kiss2:

Kat, that is so scary. I'm glad you are alright. You are such a sweetie, try to take it easy for a change. Even if just for one day.

Darcy, where are you dear??? I'm starting to worry. Please check in soon. ~Mandy

DONNA!!!!!

We have been so worried about you!!! We prayed for you and that your son was safe. You are here by ordered never to disappear like that again!!!

I am just sooooo glad to see you here and ok!!!!

Welcome back! We DID miss you!!!!

Thanks for all the concern girls, it was a scary ordeal!!!

Kat

Darcy, you there girl? I'm concerned about you. How did everything go today?

I am off to bed. Abi's homework really wore me out. Actually the battle to get her to do her homework is what did it. It kills me, she spent more time fighting over a stupid worksheet then she did finishing it. She is a smart, stubborn girl. Say a prayer for her, we are battleing the school for some extra help for her this year. I fought and lost the same battle last year. This year I got smart, and got an advocate. I just don't want to have to shell out the $4000 for a lawyer, but will if I have too. Well I'm off to bed, planning to say an extra prayer for Darcy and Patty tonight. ~Mandy

Good morning!

The first thing I was going to tell all of you was that I heard from Donna! I'm so glad to see she has posted a hello herself! Isn't that fantastic news! I think it's wonderful to find her again! Thank you, Donna...once you are part of our group, you are never really "gone." We just figure you have stuff of your own to do, and pray you will check in some day. And, you did!

Kat, OMG! It is sobering to realize how close you came to a true tragedy...are you even more freaked out today?

Darcy? I'm praying, still.

I've gotta go now...BBL.

Cindy

Hey....

Sorry I didn't post last night! I did retain physical primary custody...BUT... the commissioner was really awful to me... I feel like I got beat up by three people and then was handed the winning ribbon. She placed no value on my staying home... she allowed his lawyer to make false statements that were unsubstantiated and she was outwardly hostle towards me from the moment she stated I was without consel. It sucked... but for now Em is safe. Next...mediation. Joy

Donna.... OMIGOSH girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so worried about you!!!!!!!!!! Glad you are okay and back!

You guys are soooooo wonderful... I felt you all with me in the courtroom!

BBL...Have an appointment... (((Hugs)))

Congratulations, Darcy!

So much of the courtroom is "drama" and done for effect. Things are said and allowed to prevent appeals and all that, and have nothing to do with anyone personally. I know it doesn't feel that way, though. The bottom line is the judgement, and that went in your favor, and that is all that matters.

Yeah for you and Em!

C.

Darcy, I am so glad to hear you retained custody of Em. I was starting to worry that you were in the slammer for beating up the ex-jerk. How old is Em? Is she old enough to choose where she lives? I know in IL it's 12 and the kid gets to decide unless abuse is proven. ~Mandy

Darcy,

What a relief that you won.....'cept they did all that mud slinging. How uncool. Divorce just sucks. Sending electronic hugs.

Kat: You just gave me 1,000 more grey hairs. Praise God you haven't lost your sight or worse! I demand that you stay put for awhile. I hope your car can be repaired before the weather turns cold and rainy. Love ya.

Donna: Where on planet earth have you been?? Did they make you sign on with a new name?? Well, none of that matters -- you are back home.

Welcome Back!

Mandy: Glad you had a great trip. I keep thinking about Abi and Capt. Jack.... it warms my heart. PS, we have a cute one too!

Nothing special going on here except cooking and cleaning and groceries -- hey, it keeps me out of trouble. Hugs,