Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded??? Check in here

I do have a slight allergy to the bandages on my incisions.... It is red and itchy along the edges and have little blisters, so I am cutting off the corners of the bandages until I go see the Dr next week and hopefully he will take them off...

Hi nicnaknut,

I'm sensitive to the dressings too and have some nasty blisters. I called my surgeons rooms the day I came home and was instructed to take the sticky dressings off and just leave the steristrips on. I've covered them with a waterproof dressing to shower, and left steristrips only at other times.

It might be worth a call to your Doc, if the dressings are causing you irritation they could interfere with your wounds healing well.

My wounds look great, but the skin around them looks awful and is driving me crazy with itchiness! LOL

Susie

Hi Guys!

I'm done - officially a bandit :(

I'm still in the "I really hope this was a good idea land" !!

I'm still feeling realy oozy and slightly giddy if I try and sit to walk (at computer etc). I have sick time so I have some weeks to go yet, but feeling pretty fragile really.

I LOVE the support this forum offers us all :(

Hey Coo- we are glad you are back and have joined us in bandland! I think a lot of us have gone through that "what have I done" stage. I think it will pass for most of us as we continue to lose weight. ;)

I can finally join the banded thread!! How cool. I was banded on October 24. I am doing great. I am having a little drainage at the port incision site, but the doc says thats ok. I feel better everyday. I am soooooo excited to have my band!

Hi nicnaknut,

I'm sensitive to the dressings too and have some nasty blisters. I called my surgeons rooms the day I came home and was instructed to take the sticky dressings off and just leave the steristrips on. I've covered them with a waterproof dressing to shower, and left steristrips only at other times.

It might be worth a call to your Doc, if the dressings are causing you irritation they could interfere with your wounds healing well.

My wounds look great, but the skin around them looks awful and is driving me crazy with itchiness! LOL

Susie

I also had irritation from the dressings... Even the bandaids they put over the smaller incisions got all red. I was banded on the 18th and have still had some reddness. Weird. I have taken all the steristrips off finally and although still a little pink around my larger (4inch) incision everything is looking better. Although I've never had surgery befor I have worn bandaids and other dressings and never had that reation. I'm just glad everything is looking better.

It is so exciting all of us getting banded. I am so pleased with mine. If I do get hungry Soup, Protein Shake, yogurt smoothies, heck even Water fills me up. It is great!

Take care everyone as we embark on this wonderful lifestyle change that we have chosen for ourselves in order to better our lives!!

~Tina:)

HI every body. I was jsut banded last night around 5 PM. I didn't Know a thing. All the nurses were extrememly nice, although they spoke barely any english. The only real pain I have is where the port is located and even that is somewhtat tolerable. Its amazing to be up and typing on the computer less than 24 hours post-op. I will let everyone know how I fair out.;)

os e

COngratulations!!!!

WELCOME TO BAND LAND!!

HI every body. I was jsut banded last night around 5 PM. I didn't Know a thing. All the nurses were extrememly nice, although they spoke barely any english. The only real pain I have is where the port is located and even that is somewhtat tolerable. Its amazing to be up and typing on the computer less than 24 hours post-op. I will let everyone know how I fair out.;)

os e

Banded last Thursday on the 25th. I'm in gas pain hell right now. If it wasn't for that I think I would fell pretty good. I got to move on to full liquids today and they make the pain in my chest a little more intense so I think I'll take it a little slower. Wish I could burp real BIG LOL. I hope this passes quickly. But glad to be in bandland all the same.

O2BSlim, I was banded on Wed, Oct 24. I fell great except that blasted gas. I know what you mean. I feel like if I could just burp really big I would be all good. I feel like I am going to burp and then get this horrible pain in my chest. Then it all goes away. I have been passing A LOT of gas today and that seems to have made the other gas pressure better too. So glad to hear you are doing so well. I think this gas thing is to be expected. It to shall PASS. (pun intended LOL)

I Survived! (10/26) Not too bad with the gas pain after the first day but certainly sore from the incisions. Anaestheologist was tell me they had problems putting in the breathing tube and they ended up having to use Fiber optic and if I ever had surgery again make sure to tell them blah blah blah. I was still in lala land when he was telling me this and didnt' catch it all. No nausea the first 24 hours but then have had a few bouts last a couple hours then it's gone. Anyone else experience that?

Hello FellowTens:

I was banded on Monday (10/22) and the surgery went great. No pain, the IV hurt worse than the incisions. I flew back from Monterrey Mexico on Wednesday and managed to get slimed by someones cold germs. Airplane travel...oh well. But other than that, I feel great!

Like most of you the main problem is gas pain. My DH fondly calls it boob gas as it is centered in my chest. I kinda sqeeze them together and curl up hoping to force it out. A very attractive picture!

:clap2: CONGRATS to everyone for being gutsy enough to take this major step. I keep thinking how different things will be this time next year and how different I will look. :whoo:

Hi,

I was banded on the 8th of October and this past week had been the worse for gas pains. I could barely more they hurt so bad. I husband went and bought me some heat Patches and put them were the pain was. I left them on for 2 days and now I am actually able to pass the gas and I feel alot better.

Stefanie

I hope you are all now feeling better with the Gas now. I was REALLY lucky with minimal pain, and it was in my shoulder (central not tip). I had kept thinking the gas pain everyone spoke of was like wind/gas indigestion, but my nurse said it was pumped in and that it wasn't actually in the stomach. I sort of understood them to say it would sort of absorb slowly and be expelled, but not to expect big gas explosions or anything. And I didn't get any of that.

It still amazes me we are all so different, and I'm incredulous I had the guts to do this!!!

My clothes are LOOSE, I can't believe it - I can feel the difference, not sure if the scales are lying:rolleyes: