Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to know if any post sleevers drink green juice and if you do when did you start? I drink everyday a green juice made of lemon, ginger, cilantro, cucumber, romaine lettuce and celery.

If you drink something like this please tell me when you could go back to it and if you are still able to drink it. It is very good and healthy and I hope I am able to still drink it after I am sleeved.

thanks!

I can still drink them. I love Juicing. Just can't drink a whole Mason jar no more like I did before surgery.
My stomach handle it great after surgery. Started drinking them about month after surgery.

HW: 420 (January 2016)
CW: 273 (March 2017)

Instagram: vsg_queendiet

Congrats on your loss and thanks for the reply!

Thank you! When did you start re-drinking? What phase?

My doctor is very liberal. From 2 days postop you can eat anything as long as it's  pureed, that's for 3 weeks and after that it's your pick. I started like 2 weeks post op. No reason why not. I could have done it earlier.

I started drinking green juices almost immediately. I would dilute with coconut Water and sip on it for my liquid phase.

2 hours ago, SoCalLaura said:

I started drinking green juices almost immediately. I would dilute with coconut Water and sip on it for my liquid phase.

Oh thanks ! That is a great idea! I can drink green juice over chicken broth anyday. The coconut Water is a good idea as it is very healing for the intestines.

What are some other green juice recipes if u don't mind listing them please

2 hours ago, Amy20 said:

What are some other green juice recipes if u don't mind listing them please

Sure! Green juices are great for you. I drink celery, cucumber, ronaine lettuce, lemon, ginger, green apple and cilantro.

My recipe is 3" piece of ginger. Less if you want it less spicy. Maybe start with a one inch piece.

1 lg green apple

1 head of celery

2 cucumbers

2 lemons

1 (3) pkg. Of romaine lettuce

1 bunch of cilantro

This recipe makes enough to fill 6 - 16oz mason jars or maybe 7 depending on the sise of the lettuce and cucumbers. We then freeze them and thaw them day by day in the fridge. We drnk a whole one everyday. This juice makes our skin glow and it makes us crave more greens! You can add ore or less of the lemon and ginger and cilantro depending on your taste.

Let me know how you like it. :)

Has this effected your weight loss?

Sure! Green juices are great for you. I drink celery, cucumber, ronaine lettuce, lemon, ginger, green apple and cilantro.
My recipe is 3" piece of ginger. Less if you want it less spicy. Maybe start with a one inch piece.
1 lg green apple
1 head of celery
2 cucumbers
2 lemons
1 (3) pkg. Of romaine lettuce
1 bunch of cilantro
This recipe makes enough to fill 6 - 16oz mason jars or maybe 7 depending on the sise of the lettuce and cucumbers. We then freeze them and thaw them day by day in the fridge. We drnk a whole one everyday. This juice makes our skin glow and it makes us crave more greens! You can add ore or less of the lemon and ginger and cilantro depending on your taste.
Let me know how you like it. [emoji4]

Sounds yummy. Do you juice these or use a blender? Thank you!!

I use my jack lalaine juicer.!

HW 274 SW 263 GW 125 GASTRIC SLEEVE 7/21/17. Height 5'1" instagram: K_aane_VSG