Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery on Feb. 27

Hi jabs

i will be 3 years out on May 15th, my new birthday, wish it was 35 years. as of today I'm 97 lbs lighter. Never had any regrets, not an instant. Nothing I can't eat or drink, except for extremely sweets, i can only have one [/url]   chocolate , not half a box. i was pre diabetic, needed a knee replacement but now no problems with my knee and i have a clean bill of health. My favorite thing is being able to cross my legs in addition to wearing flattering clothes.

Be sure to get your    Protein  or you may risk anemia so I have a    Protein Drink  each day, i can only palate    Premier Protein  at 160 cal and 30 grams of Protein. You can also eat greek yogurt at 12g and you will have a good head start. I don't worry about calories anymore. if i feel like eating anything i go for it but in very small quantities, kids meals are too much but the toys are cool. I give them to the    food  bank. I love    Soups  but still hates salads. by the way if you want to fell full for free, have a free meal by eating samples at    costco  I'm usually full before the lasts samples.

Remember,    liquids  first but you will learn. Sometime my eyes are bigger than my stomach but my stomach always wins. I usually share with whoever i am eating with or order an appetizer which is always too much so i eat lots of leftover. If you like to drink alcohol, be careful you get drunk real fast on very little and sober up kind of fast. I no longer like wine just light beer but very occasionally now as i was developing a habit. I now have tea in the evening as i realized i was just thirsty, i don't like    Water .

My only comp;location is eosophagal cramps that resemble a heart attack its noes,let common, the first time it happened i was at a hotel and had to call the emergency. The EMT tested me gave may an EKG and my heart was fine, i took a couple of Tums and it went away. I was lucky to have a dr who recognized the condition right away soI now i take an omapremazole every day, i tried nexium but it doesn't work for me.

Don't expect to look great naked, actually pretty creepy but i don't want plastic surgery at my age and except for my hubby, nobody else sees me that way. I have a wonderful husband who want to see me healthy and happy. i do look great in jeans.

congratulation on your decision to live longer

ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1487190355.496275.jpg

61 years old and 235 lbs. Getting excited for the surgery and nervous. Any tips...things to have on hand post-op?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

Well, since you are beginning your new life on my birthday I will be wishing you an uneventful surgery with a speedy recovery and lots of weightloss on top!

61 years old and 235 lbs. Getting excited for the surgery and nervous. Any tips...things to have on hand post-op?
Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

How about 61 and 325 pounds? Looking at vsg for 7/17.

Its all scary but I love hearing the success stories! I am 61, was 293 lbs, 3 weeks post op and doing pureed foods. I thought I would get bored but so far so good. I made that lasagna/ricotta cheese bake that I found on this site, luckily love cottage cheese and just enjoyed some butternut squash Soup. I grew up on spicy foods and am very thankful that they don't seem to bother me after surgery.
What I continue to struggle with is getting my fluids. I'm hitting 48 ozs but know more would be better for me. I also seem to end each day at 500 calories, but I'm getting minimum of 60 grams of Protein so think I'm OK.
I stopped weighing myself about a week ago. I stalled after averaging almost a pound a day...now I'm just letting the fit of my clothes let me know if I'm losing.
Mostly I just love the stories and support of this site and wanted to thank all for sharing!

You sound like your doing all the right things. So glad to hear your doing well. So very exciting a whole new journey to a healthy body so well worth. If you have Facebook there is a bariatric support there as well lots of great stories and advice as well. Today is transformation Tuesday with before and after pictures. Keep up the good work!!