Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

23 hours ago, Judymo said:

I hit the 2 week stall...lol.... still not moving any weight......it is pretty discouraging......

It certainly is frustrating but look at how much weight you've lost!! I hit a 2 week stall also so I stopped weighing myself for a while, walked more and ate less and the scale started moving again.

don't despair. you are doing so well

8 hours ago, lovealwaysrosie said:

Literally on the same boat! Lost 18lbs my first week and been going back & forth with the same 2-3 pounds since emoji30.png

I wouldn't expect it to be that consistent. I've had some days where I lost 1-2 pounds, some where I stayed the same, and for more than one day.

I got sleeved 4/24 and lost 22lbs the first week and like 2lbs he second week. I stopped weighing myself. I'll just wait until my next dr appt on the 23, otherwise I'll go crazy.

My surgery was the same day and I lost 25 pounds the first week and a half, and only two in the last week. Even if I don't lose another pound in the next week, I'm pretty proud of losing 27 pounds since 4/24. That's crazy. No wonder the body's taking time to figure out what the hell is going on.

Also, when we're not seeing the loss on the scale, it doesn't mean you're not losing fat. When fat gets depleted, the cells fill with Water before getting flushed out. That's why you may see inches lost but no change on the scale. To flush that water out you need to up your liquids--I know, it's hard as it is but it's effective and necessary.

But from here on out, the normal weight loss per month is 5-20. I wish we could lose every month like that first. I guess if you want to stay on liquids you probably could--but who wants that?!?! :lol:

4 minutes ago, Finding_Stacy said:

My surgery was the same day and I lost 25 pounds the first week and a half, and only two in the last week. Even if I don't lose another pound in the next week, I'm pretty proud of losing 27 pounds since 4/24. That's crazy. No wonder the body's taking time to figure out what the hell is going on.

Also, when we're not seeing the loss on the scale, it doesn't mean you're not losing fat. When fat gets depleted, the cells fill with Water before getting flushed out. That's why you may see inches lost but no change on the scale. To flush that Water out you need to up your liquids--I know, it's hard as it is but it's effective and necessary.

But from here on out, the normal weight loss per month is 5-20. I wish we could lose every month like that first. I guess if you want to stay on liquids you probably could--but who wants that?!?! :lol:

I love you Finding_Stacy! You are the voice of reason and always weigh in with your wisdom. Thanks for this great post about losing inches and cells filling with water! There is SO much going on at the metabolic and cellular level that can NEVER be measured or seen in pounds lost! You're the best! I vote you sleeve queen of 24/04 (and perhaps even the whole month of April). Hope you are doing well.

3 minutes ago, Cass Elliot said:

I love you Finding_Stacy! You are the voice of reason and always weigh in with your wisdom. Thanks for this great post about losing inches and cells filling with water! There is SO much going on at the metabolic and cellular level that can NEVER be measured or seen in pounds lost! You're the best! I vote you sleeve queen of 24/04 (and perhaps even the whole month of April). Hope you are doing well.

I love you too and you make me laugh. Sleeve Queen :lol::lol::lol:. I am doing well. You never realize how bad you used to feel until you suddenly start getting better. Hell, my big butt tonight was pulling weeds for an hour. Bending over and everything and I didn't even topple over once!

How are you doing?

Oh, I made the most delicious dinner tonight. I made an aluminum boat and put a Perdue Italian chicken breast in it with a pat of kerrygold butter, garlic powder, pepper, and a few frozen green Beans on top. Sealed it tight and baked it for 40 minutes. So tender and flavorful!

FYI, I upped my fluids yesterday by 20 oz and dropped two pounds. Now, if it's connected, I don't know.

Sleeved 4/18. Started my pre op diet 4/4/17 @ 323.

Pre-op was rough, was on about 600 cal a day diet with very limited carbs and pretty low fat. It paid off nicely because I did not have to do a carb withdraw after surgery. I hit the table at 311. Was up walking 3-4 hours after surgery, came home the next day. Made a point of getting off the Percocet by the Friday after surgery.

Surgeon said he'd consider 220-230 a success for me but I'm hoping to push it a little lower......Mostly I want to get healthy so I guess my body will tell me where is a good place to land.

I have stopped weighing in each day after the 3 weeks stall. I got myself a fitbit and am tracking food and exercise pretty obsessively. Yesterday I checked my totals and I have walked over 102 miles since 4/22. I do at least an hour a day of walking and I shoot for 3.5 miles as a goal but I usually beat that. I was a college athlete so I miss the workouts, my problem after college is that I was eating like I was still burning 6000 cal a day. I used to eat mostly good food, I just had no Portion Control. As I started to work out over the years I would also amp up my food intake. Total lack of balance there.

I took off 3 weeks from work and dipped into my 488 hours of unused sick time. This was great both physically and emotionally gave me time to transition at my speed both physically and mentally.

Blood sugar is normal, BP is actually low now so I'm going to discuss getting off some meds with my primary next week.

42 days since start of pre-op and I'm 280 so just about a pound a day. Looking at my food intake and exercise the math seems about right. I have to laugh at Myfitness pal app every time I go to log in a days worth of eating - its very happy to tell me that I'm not eating enough.

I'm into the "soft" food stage of the diet, but still using shakes. Shooting to get 100G Protein per day I average about 75.

I'm not really ever hungry, but I experience the new - "you need food" signals which are usually a mild dizziness and a general rundown feeling. There have been plenty of times where I have forgotten to eat. I drink all day, I have a 32 oz water bottle that I add 1/4 strength crystal lite too. I have become somewhat sensitive the taste of plain Water, as it there is any tastes I can pick them up. My energy is good, sleep apnea is greatly reduced. I go to bed early and sleep like a rock. I wake up refreshed and feeling good.

Only stomach issues have been some Constipation and my Multi-Vitamin makes me gage sometimes. I have done spicy and Hot without issue. Slowing down to eat over :30 min has been a challenge. Not slugging down a giant glass of water with meals is a change.

I did a bit of a stall coming through week 3. I took a rainy Saturday and did nothing, rested, hydrated, ate my protein. Woke up Sunday Am and 2.5 lbs were gone. I'm averaging about 650 cals per day over the last 2 weeks. Fitbit tells me I'm burning 27-30K per week but I take that with a grain of salt.......

All my pants are now too big, I have some belts I can't wear. Looking forward to getting cleared to go to the gym. Looking forward to being healthy.

Good Luck All - Carpe Diem

16 hours ago, Finding_Stacy said:

I love you too and you make me laugh. Sleeve Queen :lol::lol::lol:. I am doing well. You never realize how bad you used to feel until you suddenly start getting better. Hell, my big butt tonight was pulling weeds for an hour. Bending over and everything and I didn't even topple over once!

How are you doing?

Oh, I made the most delicious dinner tonight. I made an aluminum boat and put a Perdue Italian chicken breast in it with a pat of kerrygold butter, garlic powder, pepper, and a few frozen green Beans on top. Sealed it tight and baked it for 40 minutes. So tender and flavorful!

Your dinner sounds so delicious! Isn't it great to love food and really get to taste it and appreciate it and not overdo it? It;s such a different relationship to it than before! I have thought about how many times I would have binged or drank too much wine because I was upset about something but its great not to be able to and then it makes you realize that you food and alcohol never helped with the problems anyway.

But it took this surgery to find that out

I'm glad your big butt was sticking out in the garden and you just didnt care! Because all kinds of things are opening up for us and we are becoming more free! I can walk without terrible pain so now I feel able to go places instead of stay home and cry all the time. /GO GIRL YOU GO GIRL YOU GO SLEEVE QUEEN OF 04/24!!

3 minutes ago, Cass Elliot said:

Your dinner sounds so delicious! Isn't it great to love food and really get to taste it and appreciate it and not overdo it? It;s such a different relationship to it than before! I have thought about how many times I would have binged or drank too much wine because I was upset about something but its great not to be able to and then it makes you realize that you food and alcohol never helped with the problems anyway.

But it took this surgery to find that out

I'm glad your big butt was sticking out in the garden and you just didnt care! Because all kinds of things are opening up for us and we are becoming more free! I can walk without terrible pain so now I feel able to go places instead of stay home and cry all the time. /GO GIRL YOU GO GIRL YOU GO SLEEVE QUEEN OF 04/24!!

This sleeve queen is down 29 pounds today since surgery and 43 since 4/15. It's funny, my husband wanted to know what I wanted to do for Mother's Day and everything I thought of, because we did before, revolved around food. I'm in strange territory. What did you do Sunday?

Edited by Finding_Stacy

5 minutes ago, Finding_Stacy said:

This sleeve queen is down 29 pounds today since surgery and 43 since 4/15. It's funny, my husband wanted to know what I wanted to do for Mother's Day and everything I thought of, because we did before, revolved around food. I'm in strange territory. What did you do Sunday?

Sleeve Queen you are doing so great!! I am somewhat distracted by life 's happenings so I havent been v focused on my progress. . I had a stall a while back and was getting obsessive (I think I told you) so I stopped weighing myself so much. I'm just trying to focus on eating foods that I really like in v small portions. I've had a bad stuck feeling in my throat for the past 5 days so things taste good but they dont go down well. And my stomach grumbles ALL the time. I've had some emotional ups and downs too so thats been rough. I am finding myself to be less of a doormat with my teenagers and they are not used to me putting my foot down! You know what happens when someone in a system changes... it causes lots of ripple effects. For mothers day I went up north to the trees and birds and then I spent the late afternoon at my moms.. My brother made quesadillas and I couldnt believe how much everyone ate. WE are all food addicts. I felt so happy to be able to have a little bit and leave the rest. I would have been right in there with them. In fact I ate enought on Easter weekend to last me a lifetime!! Wishing you success and happiness and love. Keep me posted about your shrinking butt!

10 minutes ago, Cass Elliot said:

Sleeve Queen you are doing so great!! I am somewhat distracted by life 's happenings so I havent been v focused on my progress. . I had a stall a while back and was getting obsessive (I think I told you) so I stopped weighing myself so much. I'm just trying to focus on eating foods that I really like in v small portions. I've had a bad stuck feeling in my throat for the past 5 days so things taste good but they dont go down well. And my stomach grumbles ALL the time. I've had some emotional ups and downs too so thats been rough. I am finding myself to be less of a doormat with my teenagers and they are not used to me putting my foot down! You know what happens when someone in a system changes... it causes lots of ripple effects. For mothers day I went up north to the trees and birds and then I spent the late afternoon at my moms.. My brother made quesadillas and I couldnt believe how much everyone ate. WE are all food addicts. I felt so happy to be able to have a little bit and leave the rest. I would have been right in there with them. In fact I ate enought on Easter weekend to last me a lifetime!! Wishing you success and happiness and love. Keep me posted about your shrinking butt!

There should've been a warning label that came with this surgery: No longer taking people's **** is a major side effect :lol:.

Have you tried eating bread, or anything starchy like that, yet? I read and heard that can get stuck in your throat. I haven't yet. I still live under a great fear of so many things going wrong, or me losing my way, that it keeps me eating what I know is easy. I'm not that adventurous. I probably eat 1 1/2 chicken breasts a day because I know I can. For some reason I can eat three ounces of chicken but only half of a scrambled egg.

3 minutes ago, Finding_Stacy said:

There should've been a warning label that came with this surgery: No longer taking people's **** is a major side effect :lol:.

Have you tried eating bread, or anything starchy like that, yet? I read and heard that can get stuck in your throat. I haven't yet. I still live under a great fear of so many things going wrong, or me losing my way, that it keeps me eating what I know is easy. I'm not that adventurous. I probably eat 1 1/2 chicken breasts a day because I know I can. For some reason I can eat three ounces of chicken but only half of a scrambled egg.

That is true! A label is needed!

I've tried a little pad thai (like a noodle or two), a little bit of rice and today a tiny bit of the inside of a bagette. I've had no problem with any of it. But like you, I can't eat a whole egg! Not so big on Protein Shakes - I'd rather get my Protein from chicken etc. so I do eat a lot of chicken. I just made the best 'soup' - potato salad, chicken and chicken stock in the blender! And warmed up. IT was the best. But I'm not eating much in the way of veggies - I was never that good at eating veg and now there's no room for them. . I dunno - I'm just going with what works until I get over this early stage. It's exciting tho' - I cant believe I don't miss food or wine - I just love eating what I do get to eat. Food seems precious.

2 hours ago, Finding_Stacy said:

I had some really thin garlic cheese bread as an appetizer when taking wife out for mothers day on Sunday. A few fricken bites and I was full, couldn't even get down one bite of chicken. Had to take the rest home to eat the next day.

6 minutes ago, PatientEleventyBillion said:

I had some really thin garlic cheese bread as an appetizer when taking wife out for mothers day on Sunday. A few fricken bites and I was full, couldn't even get down one bite of chicken. Had to take the rest home to eat the next day.

I'm currently--well, was--enjoying a deep dish pizza right now. I think I ate two ounces of mozzarella cheese and I'm done. Still didn't try the crust or anything. So you didn't feel any ill effects from the garlic bread?