Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

24 minutes ago, Finding_Stacy said:

I'm currently--well, was--enjoying a deep dish pizza right now. I think I ate two ounces of mozzarella cheese and I'm done. Still didn't try the crust or anything. So you didn't feel any ill effects from the garlic bread?

At first but that's because they put some garlic ranch as well.

We got a Betty crocker home made pizza maker (thank you Redflagdeals) and been making home made pizzas among all three of us. So delish.

1 minute ago, PatientEleventyBillion said:

At first but that's because they put some garlic ranch as well.

We got a Betty crocker home made pizza maker (thank you Redflagdeals) and been making home made pizzas among all three of us. So delish.

This weekend I'm going to try making cauliflower Pizza Crust. Only 2 net carbs a serving, but for us, 0 carbs since we would eat a quarter of that. Gosh, I love this restriction.

Just now, Finding_Stacy said:

This weekend I'm going to try making cauliflower pizza crust. Only 2 net carbs a serving, but for us, 0 carbs since we would eat a quarter of that. Gosh, I love this restriction.

I actually want my restriction to let up a tad.. the restriction being so restrictive has caused me to mostly avoid eating. I have to literally make myself otherwise I wouldn't.

12 hours ago, CleoVSG said:

I got my sleeve on April 27th and I know I'm a little late to the conversation. I haven't told many people, so it's really nice to find this community. It would be really nice to talk with people who are going through the same thing.

Congratulations and welcome to the community!

Hello Everyone !

I was sleeved on April 20, man I was so scared that day !

I have been doing well.. going through some sort of a stall, the weight lose didn't stop but it is going soooo slow that I decided to forget about the whole weighting thing ..

but now I have 2 main problems ! first: I don't feel like eating anything ! I force my self to have some yogurt and cheese or hummus, and today, my stomach doesn't like anything :( it just hurts and gets filled with gas .. I don't know if this might be related to the fact that I had my first period today ? did any of you had this with their periods ?

the second thing, since I don't even want to eat, I can barely have 24g of Protein in shakes .. any suggestions on how to make my self able to get more ?

you are all great ! this is like my safe house now ,, always comes here for comfort !

Hello Everyone !

I have been doing well.. going through some sort of a stall, the weight lose didn't stop but it is going soooo slow that I decided to forget about the whole weighting thing ..
but now I have 2 main problems ! first: I don't feel like eating anything ! I force my self to have some yogurt and cheese or hummus, and today, my stomach doesn't like anything [emoji20] it just hurts and gets filled with gas .. I don't know if this might be related to the fact that I had my first period today ? did any of you had this with their periods ?

the second thing, since I don't even want to eat, I can barely have 24g of Protein in shakes .. any suggestions on how to make my self able to get more ?

you are all great ! this is like my safe house now ,, always comes here for comfort !

Congratulations and welcome!

I'm curious. What brand of shakes are you using? For instance, the Premier Protein shakes have 30 grams of protein per shake. Are you not finishing even one shake a day? Have you tried eggs or chicken yet? Does that hurt your stomach too? I'm just trying to figure out how you can get more protein in, because your body and skin needs that, and Water, for proper healing and shrinking.

You can always get the unflavored Protein Powder to add to your yogurts. I feel like anymore I survive on chicken breasts. I sometimes eat my oikos triple zero vanilla yogurt, but really do eat my protein first, then that other stuff. Either way, it's hard meeting these protein goals some days.

For me, I got my period the night I came home from the hospital, so I was bloated and gassy anyway.

Hello Everyone !

but now I have 2 main problems ! first: I don't feel like eating anything ! I force my self to have some yogurt and cheese or hummus, and today, my stomach doesn't like anything it just hurts and gets filled with gas .. I don't know if this might be related to the fact that I had my first period today ? did any of you had this with their periods ?

I was sleeved on April 26th. When I got my first period post op, I felt nauseous and bloated which is normal for me. I found Hot Drinks easier to digest and Soups. I also found that I needed to walk more than I had on previous days. Is there a possibility your constipated, if so a mild laxative may help you and reduce your period symptoms. I personally had trouble digesting dairy products when I had my period. Try different foods. Even if it's just two mouthfuls see how your body reacts to it.

For my protein, I am now able to eat one scrambled egg in the morning, and have a Protein Drink during the day as a minimum. It does take me all day to drink the protein drink, but at least I know the minimum protein intake is being met.

I hope this helps you. Good luck!

On 5/17/2017 at 1:18 AM, CleoVSG said:

I got my sleeve on April 27th and I know I'm a little late to the conversation. I haven't told many people, so it's really nice to find this community. It would be really nice to talk with people who are going through the same thing.

Yes! Welcome... this is a great forum and this group is wonderful because we are all figuring it out together. Hope you are doing well and finding your way. If you have any questions, ask Finding_Stacy - she is the sleeve queen!

On 5/17/2017 at 3:59 PM, Bella74 said:

I was sleeved on April 26th. When I got my first period post op, I felt nauseous and bloated which is normal for me. I found Hot Drinks easier to digest and Soups. I also found that I needed to walk more than I had on previous days. Is there a possibility your constipated, if so a mild laxative may help you and reduce your period symptoms. I personally had trouble digesting dairy products when I had my period. Try different foods. Even if it's just two mouthfuls see how your body reacts to it.

For my Protein, I am now able to eat one scrambled egg in the morning, and have a Protein Drink during the day as a minimum. It does take me all day to drink the Protein Drink, but at least I know the minimum protein intake is being met.

I hope this helps you. Good luck!

Ugh, me too. I just hate when I have my manperiod. :57_cry:

On 5/17/2017 at 2:42 PM, Finding_Stacy said:

Congratulations and welcome!

I'm curious. What brand of shakes are you using? For instance, the Premier Protein shakes have 30 grams of Protein per shake. Are you not finishing even one shake a day? Have you tried eggs or chicken yet? Does that hurt your stomach too? I'm just trying to figure out how you can get more protein in, because your body and skin needs that, and Water, for proper healing and shrinking.

You can always get the unflavored Protein Powder to add to your yogurts. I feel like anymore I survive on chicken breasts. I sometimes eat my oikos triple zero vanilla yogurt, but really do eat my protein first, then that other stuff. Either way, it's hard meeting these protein goals some days.

For me, I got my period the night I came home from the hospital, so I was bloated and gassy anyway.

Finding_Stacy - you little vixen!! Have you lost FIFTY POUNDS almost??!! (yah yah I know preop diet blah blah) who gives a **** when the weight loss started!! The fact that it is happening is so freaking awesome. Sounds like you're doing great and I love how curious you always are and engaged. I havent' been on the site for a while. It was prom! (not mine ha ha). Very busy times but lovely. And I even felt better being in photos than I have in a long long time. Especially beside my ex who only eats salmon and veggies and exercises CONSTANTLY. (he was a big reason I rebelled and gained so much weight because he would always judge me and ask if I exercised or went to weight watchers). What an arse. This surgery is designed for me to loose the shame I felt and teh anger. Whoops! didn't mean to get so deep. Funny how that happens. Hope you are dong well. Send me some news!

Ladddaay (read this with a terrible Jerry Lewis impression) How've you been?

Thanks, but I never really did pre-op dieting. I was/am in the research program so they just gave me their meal plan three nights before surgery, for two days, and then they put me on liquids 24 hours before my surgery. I mean, I think I lost six pounds..but nothing drastic like you and so many here.

And physically fit exes with a side of arrogant @sshole--yeah, I had one of those too. I used to have to be around him all the time, but thankfully I havent seen him in three years since my daughter graduated high school. I should've dropped him in College when he told me to join a gym because I was 140.

i hope you're doing well and kicking mucho @ss!!!!

I've been stalled for awhile... I had 2 good weeks totaling about 17 pounds and since then I've been going back and forth with the same one or two pounds. I've been running, eating carefully, etc. but that scale just won't budge! I think I'm losing some inches but still...

Hang in there! I hit my first stall at week 3 and it lasted about 2 weeks. Scale finally started moving again on Sunday :)