Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six weeks and weight loss has slowed down

I am 6 weeks out and I haven't loss weight in 2 weeks. I'm not able to exercise right now because I get light headed from not getting all my liquids in from my hernia correction during my surgery. I haven't eaten anything outside my plan what's going wrong?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

this happends to everyone at some point. I had a 2 week stall 2weeks after surgery. I really do think not getting in all the required fluids contributed to it. Hang in there, drink as much as you can.

I'm about 6 weeks out as well and have had 2 stalls lasting about 4 days. My Dr says don't worry about it, when that happens you're still losing inches. So keep at it .

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thanks guys that's so encouraging! This helps

I'm 8 weeks out and god knows I have stalls from hell.. I have lost 33 lbs since surgery and my surgery weight was 219 lbs.. my doc told me my weight would come off slower due to my BMI was lower... so it's just a journey ... but my inches are flying off. So just keep doing what you are supposed to do and focus on sticking to your plan, it will come off still. Measure your inches so that when the scale stalls you will still have means of being motivated by inches that have come off ... ????

I am 6 weeks out and I haven't loss weight in 2 weeks. I'm not able to exercise right now because I get light headed from not getting all my liquids in from my hernia correction during my surgery. I haven't eaten anything outside my plan what's going wrong?

I agree with everyone else that stalls just happen.

For exercise, can you take short walks, even 5 minutes at the start of every hour? What about those exercise videos for people with mobility challenges? They have ones where you are sitting in a chair the whole time, just using hand weights and ankle weights. Or lie down on the ground and do leg lifts with ankle weights on. That's what my physical therapist had me do when I tore the meniscus in my knee and literally couldn't stand up, but had to work on keeping that leg active so the muscles didn't totally atrophy.

Keep working on that liquid intake. Try Isopure instead of plain Water so that you are getting a boost of Protein at the same time! I've been reading a lot of academic articles on WLS and the one thing they mostly agree on is that more Protein equals more weight loss in the first several months. It will get easier!! We're all in this for the long haul. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App