Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

J we started at about the same weight.

I lost nine pounds in ten days on the pre-op diet.

I have lost 15 as well post-surgery andI am very pleased with that.

Look at it this way.

You are 227 and I'm 225 now.

If you consistently lose 15 pounds a month in the next five months you will be at goal or close to!

If I lost 15 a month in the next six months or so I will be at goal.

We have to realize we have been struggling our entire lives.

I think I can hang a few more months or even a year or two to reach goal.

You are doing great!

Hello to everyone, Thanks for all the great responses its great speaking with ppl who are all in the same stage.

I have a question to everyone.....and would love to hear any experiences. My surg was done Aug 26 2007 every thing has been going pretty well up until this week. I have begun to have terrible gas pains and some diarrhea. My eating habits have not changed other than this week I am really not wanting to eat much because I know what the out come will be..(running to the bathroom) I have taken some Imodium A-D and as of yet have gotten no relief. FYI stoped the Protein Shakes and dairy products a few days ago and have been eating soup....ANY idea's or any one having the same issue???? :help:

Hello to everyone, Thanks for all the great responses its great speaking with ppl who are all in the same stage.

I have a question to everyone.....and would love to hear any experiences. My surg was done Aug 26 2007 every thing has been going pretty well up until this week. I have begun to have terrible gas pains and some diarrhea. My eating habits have not changed other than this week I am really not wanting to eat much because I know what the out come will be..(running to the bathroom) I have taken some Imodium A-D and as of yet have gotten no relief. FYI stoped the Protein shakes and dairy products a few days ago and have been eating soup....ANY idea's or any one having the same issue???? :help:

I dont know honey.

It could be that you've become lactose intelorent.

I had a bout of what you are going through for a few days about a week ago.

Did you call your nut? or doc?

That was my first thought also, but I have stopped the dairy products and so far its not any better but I will give it a few more days. Since I had my surgery in Mexico I dont really have a Dr yet for my lap band care. I have been looking into Fillcenters USA and will prob be contacting them soon regarding being checked and my fills.

Thanks for the help ....

weight.png

During a nutrition class during pre-op, the dietician told us to avoid chicken with white meat and use dark meat instead...stated it's easier to swallow.....also said to not eat it plain, to add a little low-fat gravy....

good luck !

During a nutrition class during pre-op, the dietician told us to avoid chicken with white meat and use dark meat instead...stated it's easier to swallow.....also said to not eat it plain, to add a little low-fat gravy....

good luck !

I usually use mustard to hydrate the chicken.< /p>

Your nut is right the dark meat does go down better because it's not as dry.

I had to learn that when I got a piece stuck!

That is very interesting because roasted chicken is what I had been eating for the Protein since I had cut out the dairy products thinking that might have been what was causing the massive gas and diarrhea. Yesterday I decided to stop everything I had been eating and just ate part of a banana and some steamed white rice then for dinner some crackers. This morning I actually feel pretty good so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe its about over..

Thanks for all the input, I think this forum is great!!!!

weight.png

Hey all!

I was banded on 8/27, and as many of you said, I lost a ton during the liquid phase...18 pounds in 2 weeks. My weight loss slowed down a lot after that, and I had about a week and a half where I lost absolutely nothing. It is discouraging, but I really think it is because our bodies are just taking time to adjust to all the changes they are going through. I was worried that I would gain when I started solids, but so far, so good...I have actually started losing again.

Has anyone gotten the "golf ball" feeling yet? I did twice this week...once after eating whole wheat Pasta, and once after chicken and rice. I'm not sure if it was because of what I ate, or how I ate (too fast, not chewing enough). I can tell you it was not fun!

I go to the doctor on Thursday to discuss whether or not I will be getting a fill. I have mixed feelings...part of me wants one, and another part of me is scared.

Well, you all seem to be doing great! Thanks for letting me rant!

~jen

OK all, so I was banded 8/29/07 then lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks then none after that. I saw my surgeon and fitness trainer yesterday and they said things are going ok, because although I didn't lose pounds, I lost inches (something to think about), but anyway since I live on a different island from my surgeon, he went ahead and gave me a fill anyway. I am anxious to see if it will help. Someone said to change your exercises, and that is what the fitness trainer said to me also. It confuses the muscles, and also was told to try maybe eating a little more so your body doesn't stay in the "she is starving mode and hanging to all those fat cells" Good Luck to all, we will all make it to our goal. Oh by the way I am 5' 2" and started out at 243 lbs, now down to 208.