Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just keep in mind, cheaper doesn't always mean better. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Not trying to dissuade or be rude, simply urging to make sure you do due diligence with research online as well. If you can't find anything, especially no reviews, etc. that's a red flag. It's your health and not reversible, better safe than sorry, right?

Please feel free to contact me or ask any questions about the surgical procedures!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using the BariatricPal App

@livie1000 although a slimmer me is a "new" company their staff and most importantly doctors and facilities are experienced. They split off from longtermvsg this lady explains the transition.

On 2/2/2017 at 9:08 AM, mollymckim said:

Please do not go to someone who is inexperienced or go to the cheepest. I had my surgery with Dr Quinones on January 25th. There are also good doctors through this site like Dr. Illan. There is already a measure of risk going to Mexico, make sure you find a good doctor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Random but you and I have similar stats/goals. :)

On 2/2/2017 at 9:08 AM, mollymckim said:

Please do not go to someone who is inexperienced or go to the cheepest. I had my surgery with Dr Quinones on January 25th. There are also good doctors through this site like Dr. Illan. There is already a measure of risk going to Mexico, make sure you find a good doctor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Hey! I'm scheduled with Dr Q for 3/16. I am traveling by myself. How was your experience overall if you don't mind me asking.

I had a good experience. The staff is great. I wish the rooms had private bathrooms though. It's no like a American hospital though so don't be expecting that. Dr Quinones did a great job though and thats what really matters.

On 2/12/2017 at 9:13 PM, Divaluv87 said:

@livie1000 although a slimmer me is a "new" company their staff and most importantly doctors and facilities are experienced. They split off from longtermvsg this lady explains the transition.

Hmmmmm, that seems to be an issue with the financial department and not the surgeon. Also, she seems a bit "referral" happy. I looked at her videos and she is changing some of them from "longer term vsg" to "Aslimmerme", not sure how credible her word is. Take what you find important from the video. Personally, I have spoken to both groups and am torn honestly. Dr Maytorena has an excellent track records with little "gas pains" and zero deaths. However, Aslimmerme have excellent doctors too. I was schedualed to go with Dr. Maytorena about 6 months back, but money troubles came along. Now he's so popular you're lucky to get in. The lady in the video said that the Dr. Montano worked side by side with Dr. Maytorena and he's also a trauma surgeon that's done thousands of bariactric surgeries. Decisions....decisions.

Edited by slimbeforeforty

I was originally going with LTVSG... after watching this video I decided to look into ASlimmerme. Although my experience with LTVSG wasn't bad (communication seemed to be slow but I don't think it was anybody's fault) I was very happy after my conversation with staff at ASlimmerme and decided to go with them instead. I am scheduled for May so I can't say how they are yet but I am super excited and relaxed and ready to go. I know Dr. Maytorena would have been a good choice also and don't doubt his abilities I just think the communication I have had with the coordinator and finance department at ASlimmerme has eased my mind more and made me comfortable versus the communication I had with the coordinator at LTVSG.

On 3/10/2017 at 0:31 AM, AK_Bookworm said:

I was originally going with LTVSG... after watching this video I decided to look into ASlimmerme. Although my experience with LTVSG wasn't bad (communication seemed to be slow but I don't think it was anybody's fault) I was very happy after my conversation with staff at ASlimmerme and decided to go with them instead. I am scheduled for May so I can't say how they are yet but I am super excited and relaxed and ready to go. I know Dr. Maytorena would have been a good choice also and don't doubt his abilities I just think the communication I have had with the coordinator and finance department at ASlimmerme has eased my mind more and made me comfortable versus the communication I had with the coordinator at LTVSG.

Hi I was also going to go with Longtermvsg until I got a reciept for a deposit I didn't pay and a surgery date. I went along with it and even changed my surgery date and they never were "we made a mistake you did not pay a deposit." So now I'm looking into aslimmer me as well. which package are you going to get? I want to go cheaper but as they say cheaper is not always best.

I recommend going through BariatricPal Team MX and using Dr. Illan at the Oasis of Hope Hospital. My surgery coordinator was Bill Yanez and my dietician was Stacy. I had my sleeve on November 18, 2016 and I cannot say enough good things about this wonderful group of people. The hospital is top notch, clean, the nurses are caring. The rooms are completely private with private bathrooms and large comfy spa type showers. The sweet vallets are there for you 24 hours a day in shifts and it's like having a private assistant 24-7. The vallets were truly happy to help Dr. Flores was my anesthesiologist and she was caring and efficient. They are just a very special group. Best decision I have ever made and best care I have ever received and that is in comparison to US Texas hospitals just to be clear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi I was also going to go with Longtermvsg until I got a reciept for a deposit I didn't pay and a surgery date. I went along with it and even changed my surgery date and they never were "we made a mistake you did not pay a deposit." So now I'm looking into aslimmer me as well. which package are you going to get? I want to go cheaper but as they say cheaper is not always best.

LTVSG has an amazing doctor I am just not comfortable with the coordinator and hearing that he may be doing some shady things worried me so I decided not to go with them even though Dr. M is amazing.

I went with the basic package. After comparing the two the difference that I saw was a nutrition consult, a psychology consult, and spirometry... I didn't feel I needed those things. I can get set up with both a psychologist and nutritionist here so I went with the basic package. Anette the coordinator is really great and will talk to you about which package is best if you need. I found a girl on instagram that just recently went through ASlimmerme and she is beyond happy with her experience so I am even more comfortable with my choice and can't wait.

3 hours ago, AK_Bookworm said:

LTVSG has an amazing doctor I am just not comfortable with the coordinator and hearing that he may be doing some shady things worried me so I decided not to go with them even though Dr. M is amazing.

I went with the basic package. After comparing the two the difference that I saw was a nutrition consult, a psychology consult, and spirometry... I didn't feel I needed those things. I can get set up with both a psychologist and nutritionist here so I went with the basic package. Anette the coordinator is really great and will talk to you about which package is best if you need. I found a girl on instagram that just recently went through ASlimmerme and she is beyond happy with her experience so I am even more comfortable with my choice and can't wait.

How is your experience so far? Are you pre or post op?. if you're pre op I would love to have a vsg partner.

How is your experience so far? Are you pre or post op?. if you're pre op I would love to have a vsg partner.

It's been amazing so far. Anette and Lizette have been super responsive and helpful. I'm pre-op scheduled for May 18th (but fly in the day before to do pre-op testing). I'd love a partner!