Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm so pleased I logged on here as I was feeling rather alone and scared and keep questioning my decision. My banding day is in 3 weeks and so far I have only told one other person and am feeling like I have this big secret going on. When I tried to tell my mum (after Vanessa Feltz had been on the TV) she told me not to be ridiculous and that I should just try to diet (yeah like I've not been dieting all my life!!). So only my partner knows and my grown up son thinks Im going away to Europe for a couple of days.

Take care everyone

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm so pleased I logged on here as I was feeling rather alone and scared and keep questioning my decision. .... When I tried to tell my mum she told me not to be ridiculous and that I should just try to diet (yeah like I've not been dieting all my life!!). So only my partner knows

Don't worry about others this is about you. Your mum will see how beneficial it is when you have had it done and she sees a slimmer, happier, more content you!

As for others knowing well it's up to you whether you tell them.

I for one have only told very close friends and my mum, dad, husband & children know but my parents-in-law don't. They don't need to know either until it's necessary. As I would have all the questions of why have you wasted your money, why couldn't you do this by going to the gym or following a diet etc. You all know the things people say.

You will be absolutely fine and I haven't regretted being banded on the 30th July. Ranks as one of the best days in my life! Be positive and believe in you - the band does work!

Hi All

Made myself a promise that every stone i lose will treat myself to somethhing that does not include food (my family R BIG foodies and everything is celerbrated with food)

So as I've lost my first stone yesterday i went hairdressers for the start of my makeover it felt great xx:w00t:

the hair idea sounds good sher,hey have you got half a tennis ball shape over were your port is i have i do hope it goes down lol,think i will get my hair done after bout 2 stone loss,i put that much on waiting to have band done lol i will then be around the size i should have been to start with he he silly me:tt2:

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm so pleased I logged on here as I was feeling rather alone and scared and keep questioning my decision. My banding day is in 3 weeks and so far I have only told one other person and am feeling like I have this big secret going on. When I tried to tell my mum (after Vanessa Feltz had been on the TV) she told me not to be ridiculous and that I should just try to diet (yeah like I've not been dieting all my life!!). So only my partner knows and my grown up son thinks Im going away to Europe for a couple of days.

Take care everyone

summer everyone tried to put me off but i was so determined,i didnt care what they said,i just knew i couldn't live any longer the way i was bit drastic i know,but that's how i felt.right i have booked the op and flight's for my niece lynda,she is nervous now lol she is booked for op on 28th september anyone going then,someone in the wings reading this site maybe ?,anyway if there is let us know as she is hoping someone off the site will be there,but i have told her she will meet people there anyway,hope are bandsters that have just been done are ok laila and md i think :)

clair have you tried any foods yet ? or you still on mushy's.Thought i would share this with you all i took kids to mcdonalds and without thinking took a bite of a chicken nugget and OMG it got stuck what a horrid feeling,i felt like i couldnt breathe,i had to sit in pain and wait for about 6mins for it to come back up,wont make that mistake again,didnt think this would happen on an empty band lol:scared2:

clair have you tried any foods yet ? or you still on mushy's.Thought i would share this with you all ... without thinking took a bite of a chicken nugget and OMG it got stuck what a horrid feeling,i felt like i couldnt breathe,i had to sit in pain and wait for about 6mins for it to come back up,wont make that mistake again,didnt think this would happen on an empty band lol:scared2:

It's horrible isn't it. I had an episode last week where I just wasn't concentrating and trying to get things done with my littlest chattering onto me and ate my yoghurt too fast and exactly the same as you have described happened. It took a little while but came back eventually all white & fluffly - I know TMI!

Still on mushy but I tried cottage pie a few nights ago and didn't get very far. I think it's the potato that is just too much so I am going to try again in a few days. I just don't like the sensaton of not being able to breath and being in pain!

Chew, chew, chew x 30 and then we might be able to eat chicken.

Take it easy and lets be kind to ourselves.

Thank God

Had a day today that I have been able to eat a little bit more, managed 2 Ryvita with Peanut Butter, Greek salad and Fish Fingers and Beans - almost a feast these days

Been quite tired this week as not been able to eat enough to keep me going but I am learning more and more about this band every day

The worst thing is the sick!!! YUK. Had to make myself sick at least twice a day every single day this week apart from today. Gonna weigh myself tomorrow and see if I have lost anything in the 2 weeks since I got 3rd fill - definetly losing inches as my work uniform is making me look like coco the clown lol

Glad everyone is doing well - new bandees do not be worried when your appetite comes back and you are able to eat big portions again -perfectly normal - I never lost weight for over 8 weeks and thought I was a failure but having chatted with a lot of people I realise it is just the stage known as Bandster Hell and you will come through the other side eventually

Kerry xx

We do all suffer dont we, my daughters think I am going for an oscar, they say I am too dramatic, but I dont care!!

I had a terrible friday night, couldnt get more than 2 spoonfuls of my tea down, and tried a little ice cream later and couldnt even manage that.

Then had awful reflux in the night, sorry to be explicit, but the vomit shot down my nose, it was horrible.

Today I havent been off the loo, so dont know if I have a bug or what, I have a banging headache and feel awful, so maybe I have caught something.

I feel like $hite, but have to go visit my poor Mum in the home, cos I havent been for 3 days.

Aint life a biatch!!!!

EDIT:

I've had to phone the home for them to tell my Mum I'm not so good, I dont want to pass on anything to her, the elderly dont deal well with bad things.

Edited by Freckles

the hair idea sounds good sher,hey have you got half a tennis ball shape over were your port is i have i do hope it goes down lol,think i will get my hair done after bout 2 stone loss,i put that much on waiting to have band done lol i will then be around the size i should have been to start with he he silly me:tt2:

Hi Slinky

No - NO 1/2 a tennis ball 4 me lol. I can feel it though and still feel uncomfortable when in certain positions. I also felt a stinging sensation hope alls ok.

Im eating ok trying to keep most food soft and have had chicken and fish. I cant eat bread gives me real pain.

I got fibre gel yesterday as am really constipated hope it helps. have been out quiet a bit for dinner stuck with chicken, keep reminding myself to eat slow...find it really hard.:)

Hope u feel better soon Freckles drink as much as u can

x

Thanks for the welcome!

Take care everyone

Hi Summer

Yr not alone only my closest family and friends know.

I think i will tell others but when it feels right 4 me.

My work place have been good they knew i had an op but not which 1 no one has asked 2 many questions.

As long have researched the band taken on board the postivies and negatives and are prepared to live with that - then do what right for u.

Dr Chris is good the treatment in Belgium is better than in the uk, so no worries there.

keep asking questions x

Hi Slinky

No - NO 1/2 a tennis ball 4 me lol. I can feel it though and still feel uncomfortable when in certain positions. I also felt a stinging sensation hope alls ok.

Im eating ok trying to keep most food soft and have had chicken and fish. I cant eat bread gives me real pain.

I got fibre gel yesterday as am really constipated hope it helps. have been out quiet a bit for dinner stuck with chicken, keep reminding myself to eat slow...find it really hard.:)

Hi Slinky and Sher67. I have quite a big ball too. I was banded on 6th july and its still quite sore where the port is and the same as you sher I have like a stinging feeling if I bent over I can really feel it. I cant eat bread it feels as if its got stuck. I will ask the doc about pain when i have my fill.

Thanks for the welcome!

Take care everyone

SummerBreeze,I know how you feel I was banded 6 july.I have only told my 2 grown up kids and they were all for it. I still haven't told my 2 sisters I'll be doing that after my 1st fill. Once its done hopfully you will be sooo pleased with the results, you'll wonder why you waited.

SummerBreeze,I know how you feel I was banded 6 july.I have only told my 2 grown up kids and they were all for it. I still haven't told my 2 sisters I'll be doing that after my 1st fill. Once its done hopfully you will be sooo pleased with the results, you'll wonder why you waited.

let me know what doc says about the half tennis ball swelling lol that is what i have and sometime's when i bend over i get a horrrible stingy pain and have to stand back up asap lol:blink:

hi bobobaldy,

thanks for your reply. i went for a defill on thursday night as i was at the end of my tether. the nurse said if i had left it one more day i would have been in hospital. the whole week was such an awful experience but at least i can drink fluids again and manage a few tucs.my feet are also warm again which is a blessing. it was only my third fill and one ml but the nurse said i am highely unlikely to go above 6ml.i will wait a few months before i even think about getting half a ml in. i was also thinking it mightbe a good idea to get an xray done just to check i havent done any permanent damaage. is there anyone recommend somewhere in ireland or do i go through my gp.

thanks

geri:blush: