Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi mmm, haven't been on the forum for a while but I have been reading everones comments. I was banded back in march with my sister big bones.

I wouldn't worry about going with wendy at wls, she is extremely competent at giving fills. I had my first fill with her last saturday in london after having a very traumatic fill by frederick at end of june, in fact I was worried he may have damaged the band - but no all is well. All in all I would say Dr Chris and co are excellent for surgery but I prefer wls for the aftercare with the lovely wendy!

I have lost 3 and a half stone up to now and I need to update my ticker, but I am very pleased with my progress and have no regrets about being 'banded'.:blink:

Good to hear from you Jewy.

Glad everything is going well for you. I've also booked Wendy so I'm pleased to hear she is good. Im not being banded until 11th Sept. I cant wait !

S.x

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGGS AND TOPPINGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope both of you have a great day...........go on treat yourselves......

S.

WOW Jewy you must be so pleased with your weight loss, well done, I'm quite confident with Wendys ability, its just that if things go wrong with the band through no fault on anyones part (such as freckles and Garry) would we be able to get corrective surgery, free under gauranteee and if so who would front the costs, thats my only concern, I've booked and paid for the 6 months package, so will probably go through with it anyway and take a chance. Thanks for your concern and I will keep a look out for your updated ticker its fab when you can see it dropping down the line,

Hi Mmm, many happy returns for tomorrow and to Toppings for today.

Me and Gillian have been to see Wendy today (I've not lost anything, Gill lost 4lbs) and she told us that herself & Michelle from WLS had met with Dr Chris & co (yesterday?) and will now be undertaking some of their aftercare. She said that ECFS would still be providing it themselves in the UK at their regular locations but would be giving out details and recommending WLS for other areas in the UK that they do not cover. Apparently Dr Chris was most impressed with Wendy's wealth of knowledge and experience and after quizzing her, said that she probably knew more than some surgeons about the procedure/aftercare etc. Also, WLS will be offering a package which includes surgery with Dr Chris and the price also includes 3 years aftercare/fills with them so anyone who hasn't booked yet may want to check it out, details will soon be on the website and on request beforehand if required.

Hope everyone is doing good, Bigsis x

hi bobo

I'v hired a vibrating plate from fitness takeaway £55+£3delivery for a month it's comming tomorrow,have you or anyone else tried them or know anything about them.it's supposed to be good for burning the calories and shaking the beef off you (i'll try anything me)

good luck to Garry and all the rest of you thats getting banded soon.

homecare

good to hear your doing a lot better apart from your hangover.i'm not being as sick now i'v really slowed things down. beeboo x

Hi bebo you would be best canceling it if you can .I never new you could not use them.

hi mmm+ wishfull

thanx for letting me know about the vibrating plate i'll cancel it in the morrning.I havn't paid for it yet I had to pay them when they brought it.well i'm saying a lot of bad words now coz i'll need to exercise instead.(always picking the easy way me)I was seeing me lossing half a stone a week on that thing.

beeboo x

hi jackie

I don't like milk either but I can force myself to drink mavel powdered milk you just add Water and slimfast,I took a small whisk with me to mix it.is anyone going with you ? my sister came with me,we took a wee dvd player and some films with us coz there's nothing on the tv and your in the middle of nowhere ,she used it the night I was in the hospital coz she was on her own.I also took windeez they helped coz your full of wind.you seemed to have everything under control so don't worry you'll be just fine.all the best on your band day

beeboo x

Sorry to burst your bubble bebo, but they're not that good for weight loss they're not aerobic, but better for toning, I used mine regularly but did'nt loose any weight, lets hope you can save yourself some money by not having it.

Freckles you are so naughty, i'm addicted now to your cracker and marmite masterpiece.

Big sister, I'm so pleased you've reported on the cdb wls connection, it will possibly mean that the band is covered if we also use wls if cdb recommends it on his promotional material. Woop woop. I'm feeling happier now.

Hi everyone

Gary it's fab u have date I'm sure u just want it over and done with, it will also b gr8 for the guys that r gettin banded while ur there as u'll b able to share ur experiences with them.

Bigsis thanks for update on 'the meeting' I wonder what impact that will have re. if ur wls client will Dr C recognise and treat u if problems occur. frederik told me on last night that I was there, they were looking to expand - and Belfast was one of the places they were looking at, then Michelle told me she was looking to increase to fortnightly clinics perhaps coincidence. R they just recommending each other or have they become business partners?

I'm a gig lol not nosey r nothin.

Thanks Freckles I'm feelin much better eating and drinking almost back to normal. I hate taking tab's, and although I initially didn't have obvious symptoms I have accepted I am dependent on them for forseeable future. Is ur Mum gettin discharged?

Sorry to burst your bubble bebo, but they're not that good for weight loss they're not aerobic, but better for toning, I used mine regularly but did'nt loose any weight, lets hope you can save yourself some money by not having it.

Freckles you are so naughty, i'm addicted now to your cracker and marmite masterpiece.

Big sister, I'm so pleased you've reported on the cdb wls connection, it will possibly mean that the band is covered if we also use wls if cdb recommends it on his promotional material. Woop woop. I'm feeling happier now.

Yes, Mmm. Wendy tells us Dr Chris & co will be giving out cards/details of WLS and their locations to patients who have just had the band surgery. If you have any specific concern re liability, just discuss with Wendy before having any fill with her and I'm sure she will be able to address your worries.

Anitahug - I asked and she said that they are not becoming business partners but would be working in a kind of partnership endorsing each others companies - that is how I understood it anyway.

Bigsis xx

Hi everyone, good to hear your all well and happy, sorry for being moody a couple of weeks ago, everything seamed to be going wrong and I had posted a couple of questions on here and I did get any relply. Sorry again guys

Gary it is so good to here that your band is going to be fixed, hope all goes well.

It is so good to read all your messages, your all doing great, I am still stuck, I still have no restriction. I am going away in 2 weeks, so looking forward to that, I have not lost as much weight as I would have liked to have done, but once I get bk I can start to get my fills and a good restriction and then weight lose.

Good luck everyone who has decided to have the band fitted you are on your way to a bright future. It really is good to see how well everyone are doing

Mandyx

Hi everyone, good to hear your all well and happy, sorry for being moody a couple of weeks ago, everything seamed to be going wrong and I had posted a couple of questions on here and I did get any relply. Sorry again guys

Gary it is so good to here that your band is going to be fixed, hope all goes well.

It is so good to read all your messages, your all doing great, I am still stuck, I still have no restriction. I am going away in 2 weeks, so looking forward to that, I have not lost as much weight as I would have liked to have done, but once I get bk I can start to get my fills and a good restriction and then weight lose.

Good luck everyone who has decided to have the band fitted you are on your way to a bright future. It really is good to see how well everyone are doing

Mandyx

Good to hear from u Mandy lucky u gettin away.

I'm goin for 1st fill on the 25th, I have only lost a few pounds (due to sickness) but like urself I'm holdin out for the future. As someone said a few weeks ago its more a marathon than a sprint. I just thought u got banded and had instant weight loss through this site I'm now a bit wiser. Keep tellin my hubby this time next year I'll be a new woman (I HOPE !!)

Glad u had change of heart. We ALL have OFF days !!

Mandyx

It does take a while for weight loss to start properly but with regular fills, when you get restriction it will start, I thought my restriction would never start, but it did, it worked so well I could'nt eat for two weeks, but if I have any less a of a fill I dont lose weight, its a very fine line, between lose or not. I expected to lose all the time when I had a band fitted, but it has'nt worked out like that for me. I would like to lose another 2st but am resolved that it may take me up to 1 year but I'm feeling a lot better with the weight I'm at now compared to what I was. For me a bmi of around 30 is ok for now.

Are you going on holidays in 2 weeks and are you flying, if so that might help in the short term until you can get a fill.

hi mmm

don't worry about it my bubble's always getting burst

coz i'm always looking for the easy way out.I got banded thinking that would make me thin but realistically you'v got to work with the band.thanx for that info anyway you'v just saved me money. beeboo x

hey freckels

whats this crackers + marmite masterpiece that mmm is on about,I'm looking for somthing different to eat fed up eating crackers with cheese, pate,hoummes,tuna,I can't swollow prawns anymore so I blend them with some seafood sauce and spread that on crackers it's like a kind of pate or blend marinated chicken, pork with garlic dip.if anyone has some ideas please send me them

thanx beeboo x

:thumbup:Thanks guys for the words of support, I have been feeling really fed up, the weight lose has been very slow and for the last 5 weeks I have not lost anything and was getting fed up and stressed, plus my dad has been really ill and my brother and his wife have just split up, nothing was going rite. I am now thinking that this time next year I will be the weight I want to be xx thanks again xx mandy

hi mandy

nice to hear from you again,as mmm said it does take a while for your band to start working, but it will happen I waited a long time for restriction as well, I'm looking for some new things to eat as i'm fed up with everything so if you'v got any ideas please let me know.

beeboo x