Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hello to everyone old and new,

I dont seem to have time to visit any more but today is my birthday and also the day that i officially have a normal BMI!

Just wanted to post to say that if i can do it (the girl who has tried and failed at every diet under the sun) anyone can.

Its been so long since i have been on here that i did not know that Flirty has had her op, please could you send her my jealous best wishes!

Good luck

Carrie

Happy birthday Carriejess and CONGRATULATIONS

on a normal BMI, well done.:thumbup:

Gary - keeping my fingers crossed for you, I hope it resolves quickly and without surgery.

If anyone is in touch with Flirty can you pass on my best wishes and tell her I have been following all the progress from others on the thread, thanks

Welcome to all the new pre banders, you're in the right place for all sorts of help and advice, ask your questions and someone on here will be able to answer, its a great place to be. You have all made the right decision choosing CDB, he is the best there is.

Morning to all you lovely losers

Westie x

hi homecare,

thanks for reminding me of that i think it could have been a mixture of the white bread/rolls that did it combined with the gassy booze as had rice pots b4 and no probs:frown:

anyway feel alot better today thank god none of that pain and discomfort in my chest area,so from now on will have to be a bit more careful re what i am eating/drinking!!:thumbup:

weighed myself today only lost half pound but suppose not too bad when i was out drinking on thursday and saturday and was a bit relaxed on my eating habits too???

hows your weight loss going?glad to hear those "ann summer" type pants are doing good things for you and yer hubby!!!:D:angry:

see yah

Hi TIN you may laugh at the knickers but they are a godsend I only hope you have a spare pair handy incase you need them:tongue2:. lol.

Im not weighing myself until Friday as thats the day I started so not sure how much Ive lost in total but reckon around 19or 20lb I hope. I feel a bit hungrier now and it gets harder to stay good but Im not sraying off this after all Ive put myself through so roll on first fill and then on the journey to restriction. :eek:

Welcome to all the new bandsters to be your on the right road. Jx:thumbup:

Hello - I'm new to the forum and I'm so impressed with all the weight loss I've read on this thread.

I've sent Dr DB a couple of e-mails, not heard back from him yet, but does anyone know if he will consider me for a lap band with a BMI of 30?

I know it is lower than the regulations for the UK, but I've tried - for years - to diet and the excess weight is making me depressed and it is having a bad affect on family life and my marriage.

I'm also borderline for diabetes, so I'm really worried that as I get older (I'm in my 40s) unless I can lose and maintain the weight loss I will end up a diabetic - again.

Hi babyboys, welcome! I cannot state for sure whether CDB will band you, but there is an article on the BBC website condeming him for offering a band to a researcher whose BMI was 29.8. It was probably written by one of those know-it-alls who think we're fat 'coz we're stupid and don't understand the principles of dieting. However, it does mean your chances are better than if you tried in the UK where they would be zero. Here's a link to the article. Draw your own conclusion. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7658410.stm

Good luck in your Quest

SP

:thumbup: welcome starsky and babyboys! this is the forum to be on if you want or have a band!

:thumbup:carriejess Happy birthday...and well done!!

:thumbup:homecare, you are now a member of my big knicker club!...and i still wear em now!

:D everyone else Hello!, me and bigsister went to see flirty yesterday..she is amazingly well!. and like bigsister said lovely inside and out..hopefully shell be out of hospital today and she was even talking about going into leeds today on a clothes shopping trip!!.cant believe it! i would def use that surgeon and hospital for a Tummy Tuck etc..what a neat job he has done! hospital staff seemed lovely too, its methley park hospital in leeds, and her surgeon was oliver fenton if anyones considering surgery after weight loss..it will be a few years of saving up for me ...even though the prices are good. hopefully bigsister will have one soon though, maybe at the same hosp as we were both impressed. i have now lost 3 stone, and it seems to be a steady loss now of about pound a week which i am more than happy with..i have seen the 16s,15s,14s,13s and have another few pounds to get into the 12s!..not seen that weight for 11 years!. i am on hol first 2 weeks of october, and i may even buy a swimming costume instead of sitting around the pool in jeans in the blazing sun!..i have bought 2 sarongs in readiness anyway!:eek: x

Well done Gillian, you have done so well, you must feel so much better, dont go over spending on clothes for your holls this year because next year they'll be much too big :thumbup:

:D welcome starsky and babyboys! this is the forum to be on if you want or have a band!

:thumbup:carriejess Happy birthday...and well done!!

:thumbup:homecare, you are now a member of my big knicker club!...and i still wear em now!

:eek: everyone else Hello!, me and bigsister went to see flirty yesterday..she is amazingly well!. and like bigsister said lovely inside and out..hopefully shell be out of hospital today and she was even talking about going into leeds today on a clothes shopping trip!!.cant believe it! i would def use that surgeon and hospital for a Tummy Tuck etc..what a neat job he has done! hospital staff seemed lovely too, its methley park hospital in leeds, and her surgeon was oliver fenton if anyones considering surgery after weight loss..it will be a few years of saving up for me ...even though the prices are good. hopefully bigsister will have one soon though, maybe at the same hosp as we were both impressed. i have now lost 3 stone, and it seems to be a steady loss now of about pound a week which i am more than happy with..i have seen the 16s,15s,14s,13s and have another few pounds to get into the 12s!..not seen that weight for 11 years!. i am on hol first 2 weeks of october, and i may even buy a swimming costume instead of sitting around the pool in jeans in the blazing sun!..i have bought 2 sarongs in readiness anyway!:angry: x

Hi Gillian well done on your 3 stone off its great when you know its not going back on again. I am proud to be a member of your big knicker club:tt1: but Im sure it wont be long until your discarding your big knickers for a little thong. I cant believe you sat round the pool with jeans you poor thing. I have stopped wearing bikinis but I still wore a cossie I would have fainted with the heat if I couldn't have had a dip in the pool.

Sooo glad flirtys ok isnt she brave.:thumbup:

Thanks Singingparrott - that article has put paid to any chance I had getting a band with Chris.

It seems like only the USA and Mexico are looking at the new (positive) research on patients with lower BMIs.

I expect Europe will catch up in about 10 years time...........

Hi baby boys, its just a thought, but have you looked into a gastric balloon, I know its not permanant, but its not an operation, its most unpleasent but over in a few mins, It did'nt suit me when I had one fitted but lots of people have success with one.

There is a Manchester gastric balloon center and WLS Group can arrange them its worth looking into, if only to reject it

Carrie,

Just wanted to say well done on your fantastic weight loss. If thats not inspiration I dont know what is ??

I hope that next year I can say the same.

Have you had many problems with restriction or otherwise along the way ?

Keep up the good work.

S.

Gillian

Thanks for the warm welcome.........I'm not being banded until 2nd October, so I have a little wait. I'm sure that staying in touch with everyone in this forum will keep me going until then ?

Your weight loss is fantastic. I remember 4 years ago losing 5.5 stone in one year on Orsilat (Zenical) and the feeling of moving down the scales was awsome.

I dont remember putting it on though, as I went through a relationship breakup.

The one thing that has made my mind up about having this op, is not just to lose the weight (obviously)but to keep it off and help me keep to a diet plan in the long term as I don't want to put it back on !!

Keep up the good work.

S.x

Hi to all the newbies - ur in the right place!!

I'm glad to hear Flirty is doing well. That was niceo f u to go and see her Bigsis and Gillian. Well done on the 3 stone mark Gillian, that's great! I'm 2 kg away from my pre baby weight. I tried on some work trousers last night and they are very tight! I think my shape must've changed a bit too after having him. They're still 18/20's and I've lost 3 stone!! Another half stone and I'm sure they'll fit. I'm back at work in 4 weeks so I'd better be extra good and I've got a week in Italy which may be a problem! Italian ice cream.......mmmmmmmmmm!

Carrie - cograt's to you and happy birthday! U have done very well x

Mmm - how's ur restriction now? Ok I hope.

Garry - how's u? Feel any restriction at all?

Freckles - how's ur mum? x

Hi everyone. Not posted for ages but been checking in every so often to keep up to date with whats going on. I've been concentrating on losing weight for the op 7th August, so far I've lost 8kg. Took some advice from the lovely Garry and started some exercise, I now go swimming and aqua arobics every week which I really enjoy (never thought I would enjoy exercise):laugh: Just paid my deposit and e-mailed Fred, he replied straight away which was a surprise to me as I thought he would be on Holiday at the same time as CDB.

Gillian--Congrats on loosing a fantastic 3 stone. I cant ever imagine fitting into a size 12 (I cant even remember fitting into a 12):thumbup:

Freckles--Glad your mum is up and about. Fingers crossed that she will be home soon:redface:

Garry--Your such a lovely helpful person, I hope you get to resolve the problem your having with your band. As someone said you should be getting commision because I think youve inspired a lot of people.

Welcome to all the newbies--we'll all be losers one day and posting our success:thumbup:

:scared2:Sorry--OMG just noticed my ticker-- It hadnt really clicked that I'm going to Brussels two weeks today. I think about it every day although it still doesnt really seem real.

Take Care Everyone

Jackie xx

Hi all, I've been stuck at one and a half stone loss now for a few weeks, I'm not complaining at that but I'm really losing my way. I'm eating too much, too often and need some motivation or a boot up my arse :eek: I've got a few weeks until I can have my 1st fill and I'm desperate for one. Could someone please tell me when you initially register with WLS do they ask to see paperwork concerning your band op and when it was done, if I could have a fill now, I would.

Big Sis, I hope you enjoy your time in Edinburgh. It's a beautiful city and we have some of the best restaurants in the world here. There's a plethera of michelin star restaurants in the area and dozens n dozens of excellent restaurants offering food from all over the world. I sound like I work for the Edinburgh tourist board :thumbup: but I think we've got fab food and I've never seen a deep fried mars bar in my life :laugh:. As you say though, you'll have to watch yourself because temptation is all around!!!!!! Have a great time.

Hi Guys,

Welcome Newbies, Thought i'd share my days thoughts with you.

:smile:Ive just got my WLS welcome pack, all very informative and cant wait for the 1st in fill on 15th August. Michelle was very nice and seems I made a good choice.

:sneaky:Had a bad day today, got on the scales after my 19lb loss and put some back on..... ok, firstly is this normal, i'm just on mushies and not liquids anymore? Cant go to the loo! Devastated i've put some on! Went to work after accusing the ole man that he must of had a word with Dr Chris to put me under, make a few incisions and let me think i'd had the op to save him money!!!!

Then got to work and was picked up in my coaching and took the mega hump bumped my port site on a desk and ooooo that hurt and cried on and off all day!!!!

:crying:Welcome to the wonderful world of PMT!!!!:thumbup:

So here I am had a couple hours kip while the ole man went to the gym and hoping i'd feel better..... I do! Feel a bit daft but then those who know me... I am!

Anyway, enough ramblings from me.

Hope everyone is ok and had a better day... long live tomorrow!

Lisa xx:blushing:xx

Carrie,

Just wanted to say well done on your fantastic weight loss. If thats not inspiration I dont know what is ??

I hope that next year I can say the same.

Have you had many problems with restriction or otherwise along the way ?

Keep up the good work.

S.

Hi Starsky

I have not had any problems with the band apart from when i have cheated it with naughty slider food!

I am lucky because i can do my own fills so i can control my restriction very easily. I am at 7cc in a 10cc band and i think it will probably just be maintenance from now on. My outlook on food has definately changed, i dont rely on it now its just to give me a bit of energy and stop my stomach making noises! Of course its still lovely to have treats and much easier to eat a bowl of cake covered in cream than a plate of chicken and veg. The main problem i have now is getting enough Fluid in. Its easy to not drink very much and end up with a massive headache at the end of the day. I also find it very dfficult to eat before about 1pm but the later it gets the more i can eat.

Everyone goes through the awful stage where you are not at the correct restriction level and you feel as if you can eat everything but when you do get to the right level the difference is amazing. I have always tried to eat foods which do not slide through too quickly (once your allowed to of course) a proper meal will stay in your stomach and keep you fuller for longer even if you can't eat that much of it rather than a bowl of Soup and a yoghurt. The one lesson i still have not learnt is to stop eating when your starting to get full, i still push it until i cant physically eat any more even if it is a much smaller portion.

I have also overfilled myself before which a scary experience! Its better to go through the horrible eating anything stage and get to a good level of restriction rather than pushing it and overfilling which is awful!

I have also really tried not to become obsessed with the weight loss and think like a person who does not have a food problem. Normal people will still go out with their friends and have a few glasses of wine or eat a chocolate bar occasionally if they fancy it and not feel guilty.

Hope this helps and please anyone ask any questions if you want.

Good luck!