Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

well done full fat , another bloke joins the club !!!! you wont regret it ,

How many men are on here, I read something interesting in a book on lap bands, the doctor said you never see an old fat man, why do more men not have this done?

I for. One am excited for the future, if you had asked me a few months ago I would have told you did not have one. But now I can see better times ahead, just need to stop waking up at 2am and writing emails.........

hi all well im officially a bandster yay,i have to say for me personally the pain was quite bad the first day but your dopey anyway im 2days post op and feeling fine no wind in my shoulder and the pain isnt that bad,im still glad i got it done a mother and daughter who we met had it done 18 months ago and look fab one has lost 10 stone and the other 8 they were getting a Tummy Tuck so it deffo works girls they looked great and both said it has changed there lives i met so many great peep here,i was by myself and all the other peep partners looked after me so i was fine sher is fantastic we got on great the poor thing felt worse than me but she was getting there she has a great daughter her daughter looked after her and was checking on me absolutley wonderful people couldnt have done it without the great support and friendliness,and good luck to karen who i met there she is gonna join the forum so good luck and thanks to all that have wished me well,im getting ready for my big trek home now so i will chat in a couple of days,hope your feeling better sher and say thanks to your lovley daughter:thumbup:

Congratulations, good to hear you are through the worst also x

poor you mia,i've heard that's horrod to have if i was you i would get a small defill,how much have you lost up to now cause your tickers is showing 15lb lol,sher anita the girl we were talking to from dublin ate toast the other day how crazy is she lol,there is no way i would chance it lol:thumbup:

Thanks Slinky, I lost my login for my ticker so need to do a new one, lost over 2 stone now so really concerned about regaining as banded in Nov, I think I will have to send an e-mail for advice from Dr Chris and team.

I thinks its going to be inevitable that I will need a de-fill.

thanks and great to follow you to see how you are doing x

Hi all,

just wanted to get some advice from you other bandsters that have 'been there, got the t-shirt'.

I have been having bad night time reflux for about a month now, did not start immediately after my last fill. It probably occurs about 80% of the time, I awake coughing and choking and have to go and be sick, last 2 nights only about 4 hours sleep before it started. If you have had this can you tell me how it was resolved, I am thinking it will have to be a de-fill but have been trying different things to make it go away ie liquid evening meal or not eating after 4pm, sometimes it works sometimes not, so I am wondering if there is any other solution other than the de-fill route, please pass on your wisdom to me and then I will have to maybe contact 'The Team'.

Many thanks one and all

Hi all,

just wanted to get some advice from you other bandsters that have 'been there, got the t-shirt'.

I have been having bad night time reflux for about a month now, did not start immediately after my last fill. It probably occurs about 80% of the time, I awake coughing and choking and have to go and be sick, last 2 nights only about 4 hours sleep before it started. If you have had this can you tell me how it was resolved, I am thinking it will have to be a de-fill but have been trying different things to make it go away ie liquid evening meal or not eating after 4pm, sometimes it works sometimes not, so I am wondering if there is any other solution other than the de-fill route, please pass on your wisdom to me and then I will have to maybe contact 'The Team'.

Many thanks one and all

Hi Mia blue, I have been having night reflux now close to 1 year, a defill is the best option but it need'nt be a lot sometimes only .25ml will sort it. However if you want to try otherthings first then here are my tips

* dont eat choc after mid day (its slippery and comes back up easily.

* go to your gp for omeprazole, I take 2x20mg each evening

* last thing drink a fizzy drink (half hr before bed, it pushes everything through band)

* if you start to cough at night prop your self up to near sitting position and suck a blackcurrant and liquorice sweet.

I have done all of these and only get reflux occationally now,

If these dont help get an xray done if you have'nt had your annual one done yet and it will show if your band had slipped or if you are developing a pouch.

ps if you pannicking about a defill dont be, it wont make that much difference and if there is any inflamation around your band once it is sorted you might be able to re-fill again.

I know its a miserable time for you, and you feel awful when you dont get enough sleep, but you dont have to put up with it.

Hope this info helps, you can pm me if you want with your phone number and I'll ring you back.

poor mia i hop you get this sorted out honey as it sounds dreadful,and not getting enough sleep also omg i dnot think i could cope,but mmm,suggestions sound good hope you get some relief xx:mellow:

You poor thing Mia, I know what its like, been there done that.

Mmm has given you sound advice, I cant add much more except to endorse what she says about the defill. I have had .25 taken out of mine, and the reflux stopped straight away. Then the next month I had it put back in and I very rarely get it now, except if I eat at stupid 'o' clock.

Your esophagus is inflamed, freddy boy explained to me, so once that teardropful has been taken out the swelling will return to normal.

He can then re-fill and you should be ok for a few months before it starts again.

Hope that helps.

My daughter made me laugh yesterday, she has her op booked for 29th October, ....she says she is jumping on the *Bandwagon*.

Nice one eh.

hi pinkshaz, i went via charleroi an a bit of a nightmare on the way there but got the train times sorted for connections on the way back and managed alot better. dont think fredrick will arrange taxi for you from here tho cause its about an hour away. i will find the site details for the train times and forward onto you. goodluck

Thanks 2plus 4 that would be fantastic, our flight doesn't get in until 10pm on the way out so we need to be organised.

hi slinky mum is a bit freeket out about it she wants to come up to yours l8er and find out more about it

Do we need to go back over to belgium for the x ray or can it be done in this country?

Do we need to go back over to belgium for the x ray or can it be done in this country?

Either, belgium or local bupa, both cost

bout the same, I had mine done at spite cardiff because it was done in half hour and I did'nt need to take time off work. If there had been problems with band I could have posted xray to Dr Chris.

Either, belgium or local bupa, both cost

bout the same, I had mine done at spite cardiff because it was done in half hour and I did'nt need to take time off work. If there had been problems with band I could have posted xray to Dr Chris.

Thank you xxx