Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hey Tee-bird you have a 7-9ml band heliogast as i still have the papers.

Thanks Sis,

How much can it be filled, do you know? Would like maybe 0.25 more put in but i'm at 7ish now i think.

hi i got the heliogastband i think dr chris fits that for most women. if you are flying into the airport with the ryanair, its better works out cheaper getting the ryainair bus to the midi transtation and then the local train tree stops to viloorde its about 20 euro total for all that and not using taxis, its a lot better to book with europe surgery because you go get aftercare on the phone and someone there to talk to if your worried about anything alone the way.

hi i got the heliogastband i think dr chris fits that for most women. if you are flying into the airport with the ryanair, its better works out cheaper getting the ryainair bus to the midi transtation and then the local train train stops to viloorde its about 20 euro total for all that and not using taxis, its a lot better to book with europe surgery because you go get aftercare on the phone and someone there to talk to if your worried about anything alone the way.

I agree they are very helpful in the london office europesurgery@yahoo.co.uk , if you come by ryanair often the cheapest way you just get the ryaniar bus to the midi station and then its 3 stops on the train to viloorde, if you come by eurostar then its just 3 stops on the local train to viloorde as well cos it just drops you off there and its free as part of the eurostar package.

my band at 7sh too and thats great just right can eat most of a plate full of food and not feel hungery afterward but the weight is staying off.

I agree they are very helpful in the london office europesurgery@yahoo.co.uk , if you come by ryanair often the cheapest way you just get the ryaniar bus to the midi station and then its 3 stops on the train to viloorde, if you come by eurostar then its just 3 stops on the local train to viloorde as well cos it just drops you off there and its free as part of the eurostar package.

my band at 7sh too and thats great just right can eat most of a plate full of food and not feel hungery afterward but the weight is staying off.

yes i got the heliogastband as well and its at about 8 mils that seem about right for me at the moment it was free for me too from midi train station to vilooorde on the train, its no nother just platform 20 to villoorde after you get off the euro star train. but i go for band fills in london organised by europe surgery.

by parner has a johnson and johnson band that was fitted a while agao by dr chris but i think he mainly does then on men cos i think they are bigger. anyway thanks to chris and freddie i am losing the weight well now if anyone is worried about going abroad for surgery they should not, it works out cheaper going over to brussels and its just a train ride away but then you also get a really experinecd surgeon and excellent aftercare in the uk with a uk help line to guide you through the whole thing.

by parner has a johnson and johnson band that was fitted a while agao by dr chris but i think he mainly does then on men cos i think they are bigger. anyway thanks to chris and freddie i am losing the weight well now if anyone is worried about going abroad for surgery they should not, it works out cheaper going over to brussels and its just a train ride away but then you also get a really experinecd surgeon and excellent aftercare in the uk with a uk help line to guide you through the whole thing.

i could not fault chris de bruyne or his team at all there is a few people on here saying they went to places in the uk don't know why in a chris de bryune thread maybe they work for another surgeon...! but chris is lovely and the aftercare in the uK is great!there is always someone you can get here on the uk london number if your worried about anything and they always get back to me staright away about questions i have . the band fills i do sometimes in manchester with freddy and sometimes in london, depending where my daughter is working.

hi everyone, haven't been on here for ages ! been banded for 17months now and lost 55 pounds its about time i have a fill now!!

your doing so well and u wannta be slinkly i see u changed your pic! :rolleyes:

Got my operation pushed 4weeks closer getting banded 8th may!! The nerves excitement I can't explain it. The taughts of being a few stone lighter is unimaginable. I know it's been said serval times on this link but I really don't want to search for it :-P Can anybody give me a quick run through of what I need to bring with etc! cheers guys! X

Got my operation pushed 4weeks closer getting banded 8th may!! The nerves excitement I can't explain it. The taughts of being a few stone lighter is unimaginable. I know it's been said serval times on this link but I really don't want to search for it :-P Can anybody give me a quick run through of what I need to bring with etc! cheers guys! X

travel light you dont need much i wore loose jogging bottoms a baggy tshirt and a pair of crocs because your stomach is tender and bloated after op and i wanted loose fitting easy to put on clothes lol,the clothes i went in i came out in and i didnt take a nighty as you wear theirs for op and then get dressed in your own clothes the next day so just take a towel and toilitries soz for the spellings ive just come off nights he he,and in the hotel room i took slim fast shakes to drink and cup a Soup although i didnt feel like eating at all,and some windeeze and painkillers although they do give you some in your pack you receive off them and take a cup as they only have wee plastic ones good luck

Hey guys

Not been on for quite a long time but thought would pop by and say hello.

Got loads of good news to share my lovely daughter got married on Friday and I wore a lovely fitted dress for the big day - was soooo pleased.

I had to go for a defill today though as I think the stress of wedding etc had caused band to tighten and I was in a lot of pain and couldn't even drink Water - had to get 2ml out so now back to just 3ml in my band - gonna have a wee rest for a while and then start again once I get back from hols in May

Hope everyone is doing well

Kerry xx

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a vent. I was banded October 2011, am at 6.5 fills and just not feeling much restriction. I'm finding it so frustrating and am starting to feel like I've thrown my savings into something that's just not working. :( arghhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm also getting a bit annoyed with conflicting information depending on who is doing the fill - has anyone else experienced this? Eg number of days to stay on liquids after a fill. Also, my handbook says we Should stick to just eating at mealtimes, whereas my last appointment I was told I should be eating 6 small meals a day.

I'm so disappointed and frustrated. I've not lost much weight at all.

I'm hoping against hope that I haven't developed a pouch, as I simply can't afford to start from scratch.

I know this is a big moan, but I'm just going bananas here!

Did anyone else experience little restriction at this point?

R

What size band do u have cadence ?

It wasnt until i got around 7.25 that i really felt some restriction, i got stuck still but woiuld get hungry in between meals and probably eat a little more than i thought i could.

My surgeon at Nuffield Hospital says just be careful after a fill, they always do the Water test fills then afterwards make u sit and eat a yoghurt before going home, but he doesnt really push for liquids only ..

I eat 3 meals a day .. dinner in the evenings around 6 pm i try not to have any Snacks at all of an evening just tea or coffee and use them as fillers during the day in between meals. I normally have some form of Protein and 2 green veg, or a salad. I always start my dinner with a weight watchers Tomato Soup to stop me from eating too fast or too much as this makes me feel half full even before i start eating.

The trick is to keep everything that you are supposed to do in your head and just tweak it to what works for you.. I know exactly what food i can and cant eat, what makes me heavier in the mornings when i weigh myself and u just have to keep plugging away at it. I do try and do as much exercise as i can as i would be a slow loser without it. I also eat food that supposidly helps speed up the metabolism like broccoli, green tea, asparagus, chilli etc i googled it ..

I wouldnt lose much weight at all if i went over 1000 calories a day so i dont, i burn around 800 a day and include strength training which to me is a must to develop muscles enough to burn even more calories..

it works for me anyways, sounds like u still need your fills tweaking . My last fill was 0.3 and that works good for a while, i am back next monday for another small fill ..

Good luck and dont give up .. i am sure if you wernet banded you would have put on weight maybe :) so the loss might not be much but in the grand scheme of things u have halted your weight gains :)

What size band do u have cadence ?

It wasnt until i got around 7.25 that i really felt some restriction, i got stuck still but woiuld get hungry in between meals and probably eat a little more than i thought i could.

My surgeon at Nuffield Hospital says just be careful after a fill, they always do the Water test fills then afterwards make u sit and eat a yoghurt before going home, but he doesnt really push for liquids only ..

I eat 3 meals a day .. dinner in the evenings around 6 pm i try not to have any Snacks at all of an evening just tea or coffee and use them as fillers during the day in between meals. I normally have some form of Protein and 2 green veg, or a salad. I always start my dinner with a weight watchers Tomato Soup to stop me from eating too fast or too much as this makes me feel half full even before i start eating.

The trick is to keep everything that you are supposed to do in your head and just tweak it to what works for you.. I know exactly what food i can and cant eat, what makes me heavier in the mornings when i weigh myself and u just have to keep plugging away at it. I do try and do as much exercise as i can as i would be a slow loser without it. I also eat food that supposidly helps speed up the metabolism like broccoli, green tea, asparagus, chilli etc i googled it ..

I wouldnt lose much weight at all if i went over 1000 calories a day so i dont, i burn around 800 a day and include strength training which to me is a must to develop muscles enough to burn even more calories..

it works for me anyways, sounds like u still need your fills tweaking . My last fill was 0.3 and that works good for a while, i am back next monday for another small fill ..

Good luck and dont give up .. i am sure if you wernet banded you would have put on weight maybe :) so the loss might not be much but in the grand scheme of things u have halted your weight gains :)

Completely agree with the things Cazzy has said......... look how well you've done cazzy! Cadence, don't worry, my only real restriction came at 7ml and now i need another small fill as it's slowed alot. Stick with it, you'll be fine and before you know it, your excess weight will be gone! How much have you lost since the band?

Hey guys

Not been on for quite a long time but thought would pop by and say hello.

Got loads of good news to share my lovely daughter got married on Friday and I wore a lovely fitted dress for the big day - was soooo pleased.

I had to go for a defill today though as I think the stress of wedding etc had caused band to tighten and I was in a lot of pain and couldn't even drink Water - had to get 2ml out so now back to just 3ml in my band - gonna have a wee rest for a while and then start again once I get back from hols in May

Hope everyone is doing well

Kerry xx

Hi Kerry,

Well done, i bet you felt great in your dress! You'll have to get some pics up and show us.

Cazzy, do you have any pics also? x

Hi Kerry,

Well done, i bet you felt great in your dress! You'll have to get some pics up and show us.

Cazzy, do you have any pics also? x

I am buiding up enough courage to get something of a picture nature posted for before and after surgery.. its not a pretty sight :(

i dont have many b4 shots of me at all for many years i would not take a photo same as i wouldnt weigh myself, look where that got me lol.. PS here i come and i will be doing some pics and making a sort of dairy as i am having a lot done at once.. providing i live through it ofc :)