Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Definately a good decision and one I certainly haven't regretted.

I feel so much healthier and look much younger.

I even managed a slice of toast the other day 16 months after having the band. It was yummy.

Now at the 9st 7lb mark and to date have lost 120lbs and 99.25 inches which is phenomenol!

Enjoy your journey!

Cx

Definately a good decision and one I certainly haven't regretted.

I feel so much healthier and look much younger.

I even managed a slice of toast the other day 16 months after having the band. It was yummy.

Now at the 9st 7lb mark and to date have lost 120lbs and 99.25 inches which is phenomenol!

Enjoy your journey!

Cx

OMG! how amazing! Any photos you're willing to share?

Your life must be so completely different......have you got used to the 'new' you?

Congratulations, and thanks for the support,

A,x

Hi everyone, I've not been on here for a while. Infact, last time was when I found out I was pregnant and I am now 24 weeks lol! I was really worried about my surgeon insisting that I have a full defill but have not been back to him as I see a consultant at hospital who agreed with me, that if I felt I was eating enough then carry on as normal and if I felt I needed to eat more they would arrange a defill :) but so far so good, I have only put on 2lb since pregnant but I get growth scans and baby is growing normally so I guess im losing elsewhere. Since December I have went from a size 22/24 to a size 14/16 :) I feel good for it and hope the weightloss continues after bubs is born! I had such a hard time in my last pregnancy which I genuinely believe was because of my weight and this time I feel good and no swollen body parts yet lol apart from my bump! So I am really glad I never took my surgeons advice or who knows what size I would be now, the thought scares me! Anyway going to read through the post and try to catch up, bet ive missed loads! Hope everyone else is well xxx

Hi xcharlenex you sound like you done really well losing all that weight! I am doing all this because i am having problems getting pregant, I am not sure at the moment what surgeon to go with dr chris reviews seem good. But bit worried about going abroad there is one company thats quite cheap here in UK but i heard bad things about there aftercare and if things go wrong they wash there hands of you.

I bet surgeons for the g band are worried about advising you when you pregant to lose weight incase you lose the baby then try and hold them responiable, it sounds like you been really seniable and tried not to lose too much too quickly. sometimes you just have to listen to your own body and try and control things yourself.

I know now i do need the help of the band with christmas coming up i already put weight one with xmas drinks and parties, the new year i just have to do something about it now.

Been looking at what people have been writing everyone is doing so well losing the weight!

i went for a fill resently in london and meet a lady in the waiting room who had lost 10 stone! I don't think i had mine tight enough my own fault i just not been going for the fills could not get the time off work and so busy with kids and everything. its been coming off slowly for me, now i can really feel the difference this time, proper restriction.

Been looking at what people have been writing everyone is doing so well losing the weight!

i went for a fill resently in london and meet a lady in the waiting room who had lost 10 stone! I don't think i had mine tight enough my own fault i just not been going for the fills could not get the time off work and so busy with kids and everything. its been coming off slowly for me, now i can really feel the difference this time, proper restriction.

I always found it inspiring to go and chat to the others waiting. I invariably arrive early for my appointment and get to sit there for a while. It's nice when you feel that you have inspired a client to keep with it when they hear your weightloss journey.

I have gone below the 9 1/2 stone mark and really don't want to lose anymore! I have hollows where the fat has disappeared in my breasts and they just hang southwards. I am really hoping that I can get the surgery via the NHS when I go back in 2012 to see if my GP can refer me. I had to wait 12 months so that my BMI could be at x for 12 months.

I will take a little visit to see Dr Chris in January aswell as I haven't had my year check up and it's coming up to 18 months since I had my band fitted.

Managing to eat bread now and again if I take it easy and I have good days and so so days with solids. I feel like I need lots of protein-rich food even my hair has thinned and doesn't look healthy. So a defill is on the cards and hopefully I can maintain the weight at 9 1/2 stone. 18 months ago I would have been grateful to have lost just a few stones and here I am moaning about being at x weight when there are others not so fortunate out there who can't get the funding for the surgery etc. (NOTE TO SELF: Wake up and smell the roses Claire and see how lucky you are!)

Hope your loss keeps going and you are managing to enjoy yourself.

Take care

Cx

Hi xcharlenex you sound like you done really well losing all that weight! I am doing all this because i am having problems getting pregant, I am not sure at the moment what surgeon to go with dr chris reviews seem good. But bit worried about going abroad there is one company thats quite cheap here in UK but i heard bad things about there aftercare and if things go wrong they wash there hands of you.

I bet surgeons for the g band are worried about advising you when you pregant to lose weight incase you lose the baby then try and hold them responiable, it sounds like you been really seniable and tried not to lose too much too quickly. sometimes you just have to listen to your own body and try and control things yourself.

I know now i do need the help of the band with christmas coming up i already put weight one with xmas drinks and parties, the new year i just have to do something about it now.

I was banded by dr chris and have nothing but good words for him, he really was amazing from start to finish. He said its their protocol for pregnant women to have a full defil incase you are really sick which can cause the band to slip which makes sense but I knew deep down I couldn't have a defil and glad I never now. I've lost the 2lb I put on but baby is still growing fine so really puts me at ease. My pregnancy has been 100 times better this time because I'm not carrying as much weight and so far the pre eclampsia has stayed clear :-).

I wish you luck with your decision but don't let distance worry you, I went to Belgium on my own.....that's how desperate I was lol and I don't regret it at all, they're a good bunch through there and the hospital is super clean xx

I was banded by dr chris and have nothing but good words for him, he really was amazing from start to finish. He said its their protocol for pregnant women to have a full defil incase you are really sick which can cause the band to slip which makes sense but I knew deep down I couldn't have a defil and glad I never now. I've lost the 2lb I put on but baby is still growing fine so really puts me at ease. My pregnancy has been 100 times better this time because I'm not carrying as much weight and so far the pre eclampsia has stayed clear :-).

I wish you luck with your decision but don't let distance worry you, I went to Belgium on my own.....that's how desperate I was lol and I don't regret it at all, they're a good bunch through there and the hospital is super clean xx

Thanks I made up my mind now, I called europe surgery today and booked. They do all the hotels and everything in the price and where really helpful on the phone. I think it will be good to have someone i can talk to before I go and if i get worried at any point after. i have mailed some people on here already and everyone seem very happy with Chris.

Really i think we English seem to think we are the world leaders in everything, and its just not ture! as soon was we start watching eurovision or the football we are surprised when we get beaten, but i am glad to hear anything about Dr chris or the hosiptal before i go because its a big discison, and its nice to share the journey with others along the way :)

I must admit its a bit worrying that you have to have all the saline taken out of the band if you get pregant...It cost a lot to get the band in in the first place! but I just need to do it to get myself heathly or i never get pregeant to start with, I think i worry about that when i am pregant, but you know i waited a long time to get pregeant and i would not want to do anything that harms the baby, so at least i know all of that before i start. XX

I must admit its a bit worrying that you have to have all the saline taken out of the band if you get pregant...It cost a lot to get the band in in the first place! but I just need to do it to get myself heathly or i never get pregeant to start with, I think i worry about that when i am pregant, but you know i waited a long time to get pregeant and i would not want to do anything that harms the baby, so at least i know all of that before i start. XX

hi all sorry couldnt get on here for a while for some strange reason it wouldnt let me sign in lol,anyway,your all doing brilliant and bt turkey you have made a great decision when have you booked to go it all gets exciting when your date draws near xx

Thanks I made up my mind now, I called europe surgery today and booked. They do all the hotels and everything in the price and where really helpful on the phone. I think it will be good to have someone i can talk to before I go and if i get worried at any point after. i have mailed some people on here already and everyone seem very happy with Chris.

Really i think we English seem to think we are the world leaders in everything, and its just not ture! as soon was we start watching eurovision or the football we are surprised when we get beaten, but i am glad to hear anything about Dr chris or the hosiptal before i go because its a big discison, and its nice to share the journey with others along the way smile.png

Me too! I've booked for the 10th Jan 2012!

Me too! I've booked for the 10th Jan 2012!

Hope you have booked drect with Dr Chris as I found his a more secure way than using any of the agents plus I made the full payment online via my bank. I didn't get any hassle what so ever and it was very smooth process and transaction.

18 months on and absolutely no regrets. Only wish is better support nutritionally as I have had a ver suck and see journey but lucki.y iwht my background I have been fortunate to be able to make good food choices and know that once I have a defill in Jan/Feb 2012 then I shall be eating more solids rather than Soup, soup, soup etc

Please don't take that as a negative just that we all have very different journeys and some are able to eat solids majority of the time. I have had a few issues along the way. I managed a meat platter in Zizzi's last night minus the mozarrella and tomatoes. So all good for me. However, I have been mainly on liquids for months with the odd solid every kow and again but it is very much taking each day as it comes. HTH

Everyone has an individual journey and we aren't text book so just take it one day at a time.

All for now

Merry Christmas

Claire x

Hope you have booked drect with Dr Chris as I found his a more secure way than using any of the agents plus I made the full payment online via my bank. I didn't get any hassle what so ever and it was very smooth process and transaction.

18 months on and absolutely no regrets. Only wish is better support nutritionally as I have had a ver suck and see journey but lucki.y iwht my background I have been fortunate to be able to make good food choices and know that once I have a defill in Jan/Feb 2012 then I shall be eating more solids rather than Soup, soup, soup etc

Please don't take that as a negative just that we all have very different journeys and some are able to eat solids majority of the time. I have had a few issues along the way. I managed a meat platter in Zizzi's last night minus the mozarrella and tomatoes. So all good for me. However, I have been mainly on liquids for months with the odd solid every kow and again but it is very much taking each day as it comes. HTH

Everyone has an individual journey and we aren't text book so just take it one day at a time.

All for now

Merry Christmas

Claire x

Thanks.

Yes, i have booked directly.

I understand that this is not an easy journey I am about to embark on. I envisage many difficulties along the way and am under no illusions that this will be a magic wand. I look at it as a tool to assist me on this journey and am prepared for all the ups and downs I experience along the way. thank you so much for your advice and words of encouragement. i really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and can only hope that in a years time I have been as successfull as you,

A, x