Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Howdy Troops

Just back from Edinburgh and seeing Dr Chris, I had gained 5 lbs while in Australia which was better than I expected., I told him I are a Witchety Grub and he laughed, told me I was disgusting and to get out his clinic.....

Got 1.5 mls put back in today so thats me upto 7mls now in my band so should start to get some restriction back again and get my weight loss back on track. Gonna try really hard over the Summer, get out walking/cycling every night and joining the gym with my 2 daughters so that should help. Determined to hit 100 lbs lost this year before Xmas.

Well done to FP on hitting her 100 mark - you must be delighted. Slinks sorry to hear about your overfill issues but I think your right about the tortoise and hare approach - slower is better when it comes to a band.

Hope everyone is well and enjoys the lovely Bank Holiday weekend

Take Care

Kerry xx

Hello all

Hope everyone is well? Just checking in to update my ticker as I've now passed my 100lb loss mark.

I have just booked in for a 2ml defill at the end of May which is a treat for my 35th Birthday as we are going to the Isle of Wight Festival and hopefully a lovely holiday somewhere very hot in early July, so I wanted to be able to fully enjoy both, and a nice meal or 2 out before I go and have a refill at the end of July. Cant wait to go buy the holiday wardrobe!

Fantastic news well done.

Enjoy your trips and have lots of fun shopping.

Cx

Just wondering how much everyone has in their band?

I went for my fifth fill last Thursday bringing me up to 7.35ml. He tried to get 7.5 in but it wouldn't let him. Does that mean I can't have any more fills now? I still don't think I have got full restriction as I was just able to eat a whole microwave cottage pie, although I am now full, so I do have some restriction, but I expected more by now, what does anyone think?

I felt restriction after 5.5 mls in February. My third fill. I haven't lost a lot of weight since then buy struggle to eat so I think I have enough restriction. I go to florida on Thursday and im still worried about what I will be able to eat and how far away the toilets are!

Week 39

So we are getting nearer and nearer and I have 20 lbs to go. I know I know to be so obsessed! However I have been so focused for the year that I shall be glad when I reach target and can start to just get on wthout having to be so obsessed.

So pleased with results to date although starting to look at loose skin! Bit daunting but just another hurdle to attack nearer the time when I am ready.

I am now in a 12 top and 14 bottom so very chuffed how many dress sizes I have decreased.

Someone said that they thought I had taken it too far! They are so used to seeing a plump me and not a slimmer version! I think I am fine and feel fab. Few aches and pains but feel great and that's what matters in this journey - how you feel about what you are doing. Yes it's lovely that people compliment you but you have to feel comfortable in your own skin don't you???

So this week was a little better on the food front although I have got good restricton and find I can't eat until later during the day. Had a bit of an issue with the elimination aspect of my body and will address this with my GP as I don't want to go there again - just to say it was very painful!

So have lost 2.5 lbs and now weigh 11st 13 lbs and BMI is 27.8 inch loss this week was 1 inch. Total inch loss is 71.25. Since the fill on the 10th March, when I had 0.5ml, I have lost 18 pounds which is great.

I am not sure how much I want to have put in on Thursday and shall be debating with myself if I should have 0.5ml or 1ml or somewhere in between. My common sense tells me 0.5ml so that I just maintain what I am losing nice and steadily.

I am off to Edinburgh this weekend for a study day with the lovely Sarah Buckley and can't wait to be away. Looking forward to a lovely positive day around birth colleagues. Just not sure about the travel as it's overnight both ways on a coach. Should be fun just hope I can sleep.

Anyway going to close, everyone stay positive and keep going it will come off and you are all doing so well. Gently, gently.

Claire x

[

Hi All

Claire = You are doing great well done!

I too have had some of those comments from people as well who have said that I have taken things too far and dont need to lose any more, but I defo do! Don't get me wrong I am feeling fab with the way I look now, but I still wanna get in size 12 jeans yet.

I'm now a 12-14 top and 14-16 bottom and I was in 22-24 this time last year.

I have to say though I cannot wait for my little defill and have a proper feed as I am freezing cold all the time, I even sat on the beach last weekend in 28 degree heat with a hoody and padded gillet on and my Hubby and family thought I was nuts, I have also got really achy hips all the time especially when I wake up, and I can sleep for England so I won't mind at all when these symptoms ease and the final few stones of weight loss slow down.

I have also really struggled again to keep owt down this last 4-5 days as been really slimey, even drinking has been trial and error, I think TOM is approaching which may be why.

I defo think I should of had a defill sooner and struggling on for the last 4 months has been so tough, so I would defo recommend that those still aiming for maximum restriction take it in small doses and not one hit. I think I would have been fine with a final 1ml and not the 1.5ml that Chris Deprez managed to squeeze in at my request.

Hope everyone has had a nice bank hol weekend, work tomorrow is gonna be horrible after a lovely 11 days off :( ho hum

Take care all xx

Howdy Troops

Just back from Edinburgh and seeing Dr Chris, I had gained 5 lbs while in Australia which was better than I expected., I told him I are a Witchety Grub and he laughed, told me I was disgusting and to get out his clinic.....

Got 1.5 mls put back in today so thats me upto 7mls now in my band so should start to get some restriction back again and get my weight loss back on track. Gonna try really hard over the Summer, get out walking/cycling every night and joining the gym with my 2 daughters so that should help. Determined to hit 100 lbs lost this year before Xmas.

Well done to FP on hitting her 100 mark - you must be delighted. Slinks sorry to hear about your overfill issues but I think your right about the tortoise and hare approach - slower is better when it comes to a band.

Hope everyone is well and enjoys the lovely Bank Holiday weekend

Take Care

Kerry xx

Hi Kerry

That 5lbs will be off in no time I'm sure, good luck chick x

Hello everybody,

I went for my 5th fill i now have 7.5 mls in my band but frederick still think that i have not reached max restriction as i told him that i can still eat bread, rice and Pasta so we will see how it go and then might go for another fill. but as i have been told by a few bansters that i met at the surgery that it will happen where the weight will start coming off .

well done fatty patty I was a size 22/24 I am now 20 its a good feling.

claire only 20lbs to go!! well done.

yep me too back to work tomorrow after 2weeks easter holiday and an extra week off due to hubby fractured his ankle.

take care

Okay, I think I spoke too soon, I most definitely have restriction now, must have been a delayed reaction lol.

Claire, I am currently in the process of moving house, so we will have to put our meet on hold for a few weeks if that is okay? Pehaps if anyone else is in the Northampton/Bucks area they might like to join us?

x

Also my hands and feet are bloody freezing all the time! lol

Also my hands and feet are bloody freezing all the time! lol

Yes know the feeling but I am all over cold. Have to go to bed with a hot wheat bag! Quite obsessive about that one.

But it's because we have lost our thermal loft insulation!! as I was politely told by my colleagues at work.

I layer up in the morning and then eventually start to peel off by about lunch time.

Hope you soon have warm extremeties. I bought a lovely pair of kumfipumps so that I had warm feet & wear them when I am teaching yoga if it is very cold.

Claire x

Off to see Dr Chris tomorrow will be the first time since the band was put in in July last year.

I am so looking forward to seeing his reaction to the weight loss and I have decided I just want 0.5ml in.

I had a lovely scrummy scone (yes gulp!! how did it go down but it did over a period of time) and it was lovelllllyyyy and what a treat. A little butter, blackcurrant jam and some thick cream. Just scrummy! Amazed that I was so okay with it as I have had so much restriction up until a few days ago. So I know I am ready for another fill. Hoping it will knock this last 20 pounds off!

Anyone else going tomorrow? Appt is 12:10

Take care

Cx

Hi All

I haven't been on here for ages. It's a year today that I had the band done and currently have 5.5ml in my band. I have sometimes found it hard and as a result have made bad food choices. I have lost 4 stone to date and am quite happy with that, but I know if I had of eaten properly, it could have been alot better than that. I'm not too bothered as I wanted to take it easy. I didn't want people to think I was ill.

I had 3ml put in my band last June and got restriction straight away. I found it hard to adjust at first and I just plodded along and things eased off after a couple of weeks. Had another 2ml put in in July, and that was definetely a new learning curve. I found most things hard to eat, and was living on mashed potatoes. Spent most of the summer eating Soups, and anything mushey. Not a great diet, but I managed. In September, I went on a 2 week cruise to the Caribbean and October I spent 2 weeks travelling from San Francisco to Vancouver and actually managed really well. I had spoken to Chris before I went and he said that I would be alright not having a defill. I had no problems flying. I made sure that I had a good meal before I got on the flight, and then just nibbled on a few things on the plane. I normaly find it hard to eat if I am not sitting completely upright, so on a plane there's no way. After my travels, I went and got 0.5ml in. I didn't think that I could manage much more than that and I could feel how much tighter the band was.

So I am now sort of stuck in a rut. I have just come off a 4 day cruise to Amsterdam and Copenhagen and I did struggle a bit. I was finding that I couldn't eat until much later in the day and also had to be really careful as the band felt quite tight when I was eating. I'm off again on Sunday to Vancouver and then an Alaskan cruise and i am really hoping that the 12 hours travelling isn't going to effect me too much. At least there is one thing about cruising, you can make some really good food choices (as well as some bad ones) because everything is there, no going out and buying stuff and then trying to deceide what to cook. That's one thing that I have noticed, I have completely lost interest in cooking, and I think that is half my problem.

So I am hoping that over the summer I will get my arse back into gear and shift the rest of my weight. As for more fills, I'm not sure. I sometimes think that I could do with another 0.5ml, but than I start to struggle with food again. My husband asked me the other day if I would do it all again, and I told him I would, 'cause at the end of the day I am still 4 stone lighter. I may not be twiggy yet, but i feel so much better with myself and not as knackered all the time. I have NEVER regretted getting my band.

Hi All

I haven't been on here for ages. It's a year today that I had the band done and currently have 5.5ml in my band. I have sometimes found it hard and as a result have made bad food choices. I have lost 4 stone to date and am quite happy with that, but I know if I had of eaten properly, it could have been alot better than that. I'm not too bothered as I wanted to take it easy. I didn't want people to think I was ill.

I had 3ml put in my band last June and got restriction straight away. I found it hard to adjust at first and I just plodded along and things eased off after a couple of weeks. Had another 2ml put in in July, and that was definetely a new learning curve. I found most things hard to eat, and was living on mashed potatoes. Spent most of the summer eating Soups, and anything mushey. Not a great diet, but I managed. In September, I went on a 2 week cruise to the Caribbean and October I spent 2 weeks travelling from San Francisco to Vancouver and actually managed really well. I had spoken to Chris before I went and he said that I would be alright not having a defill. I had no problems flying. I made sure that I had a good meal before I got on the flight, and then just nibbled on a few things on the plane. I normaly find it hard to eat if I am not sitting completely upright, so on a plane there's no way. After my travels, I went and got 0.5ml in. I didn't think that I could manage much more than that and I could feel how much tighter the band was.

So I am now sort of stuck in a rut. I have just come off a 4 day cruise to Amsterdam and Copenhagen and I did struggle a bit. I was finding that I couldn't eat until much later in the day and also had to be really careful as the band felt quite tight when I was eating. I'm off again on Sunday to Vancouver and then an Alaskan cruise and i am really hoping that the 12 hours travelling isn't going to effect me too much. At least there is one thing about cruising, you can make some really good food choices (as well as some bad ones) because everything is there, no going out and buying stuff and then trying to deceide what to cook. That's one thing that I have noticed, I have completely lost interest in cooking, and I think that is half my problem.

So I am hoping that over the summer I will get my arse back into gear and shift the rest of my weight. As for more fills, I'm not sure. I sometimes think that I could do with another 0.5ml, but than I start to struggle with food again. My husband asked me the other day if I would do it all again, and I told him I would, 'cause at the end of the day I am still 4 stone lighter. I may not be twiggy yet, but i feel so much better with myself and not as knackered all the time. I have NEVER regretted getting my band.

Well done on your lovely journey. You feel so much better when you are lighter. 4 stone is a good achievement!

What a wonderful way to spend the year cruising and some wonderful, lovely places aswell.

Enjoy your next cruise and congrats on your first year. Never regret always learn & look forwards ... is my motto and I have similar sentiments it been a tough journey at times but the rewards are so worth it.

Well done & enjoy.

Claire x

hi all glad your all doing so well,some great stories to read on here lol,has anyone had an emerg defill when i got mine the lady who done it said i wouldnt have to pay for my next fill however when i phoned julie to book fill appointment she told me you do have to pay,so all my hopes dashed lol thought i was getting a freebie xxxxx