Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hello Eveyone

Not been on this for while......Got banded in May 08 and slowly i have been losing weight was great at the start but now it has slowed down.

Got my 1st fill in May 09 and they only put in 3ml....when i wanted 5ml......€120 or 3ml if saline liquid i must be mad!!!

Getting my 2nd fill 06/01/11 in Dublin. I am going to push for 5mls this time! Hopefully i will get it.....My Friend is getting Married in July and i want a lovely dress for it!!

Take care

Mandy

hi hun im shocked you didnt get a fill for a year,because your band dosnt work until you get fills so the weight you lost you done that yourself i got banded in july 2010 and ive had 2 fills already and im going for my third in jan,they will only put in 3ml first fill hun and 2 or 2.5 for second i have 5.5ml in my band now,how much weight have you lost cause you have 2 tickers so not sure which one is your weight loss x:rolleyes:

Thanx Slinx and Rosie about Mum, she went back to the home on Sunday, the district nurse will be going in for the next 3 months to give her daily injections, to thin her blood.

She is so tired all the time and a little confused. i dont think it helped her at all, being sent to hospital, the way they move people about, its awful. But one of those things I guess, just very sad for old people.

me and the daughter went to manchester today, took us 2 hours to get there, with traffic on the m56, it normally takes between 15 and 20 minutes.

there were a lot of people waiting, and what struck me as weird is that almost all of them were slim, some had just been banded and others waiting for their ops, whereas at one time it used to be a lot of bonny people.

The lapband is becoming so popular, even as a preventative measure, which is great and good luck to all of them.

Anyway Chris de vere took out 3mils for me, he said of course, when i asked him if he would. he had a lot of trouble finding the soft bit of the port once the needle was in, as my port has turned, God knows how. i KNOW IT WAS TILTED LAST TIME, BUT ITS MORESO THIS TIME(sorry for the caps)

he said as you lose weight it seems harder to find!!!! The needle didnt hurt, it was all the pushing around that has left me feeling very sore indeed.

But the acid went at once, oh joy!!!!!!

my daughter had her 3 in and was delighted, bless, she has only lost 5lbs since the op, but she didnt eat much to start with and always ate healthily, poor lamb.

Guess we're just the fat family.

Anyway, girls take care of you all and i'm sorry I dont get here much, babysitting almost every day at my other daughters house, so dont get much time to be online.

Thanx Slinx and Rosie about Mum, she went back to the home on Sunday, the district nurse will be going in for the next 3 months to give her daily injections, to thin her blood.

She is so tired all the time and a little confused. i dont think it helped her at all, being sent to hospital, the way they move people about, its awful. But one of those things I guess, just very sad for old people.

me and the daughter went to manchester today, took us 2 hours to get there, with traffic on the m56, it normally takes between 15 and 20 minutes.

there were a lot of people waiting, and what struck me as weird is that almost all of them were slim, some had just been banded and others waiting for their ops, whereas at one time it used to be a lot of bonny people.

The lapband is becoming so popular, even as a preventative measure, which is great and good luck to all of them.

Anyway Chris de vere took out 3mils for me, he said of course, when i asked him if he would. he had a lot of trouble finding the soft bit of the port once the needle was in, as my port has turned, God knows how. i KNOW IT WAS TILTED LAST TIME, BUT ITS MORESO THIS TIME(sorry for the caps)

he said as you lose weight it seems harder to find!!!! The needle didnt hurt, it was all the pushing around that has left me feeling very sore indeed.

But the acid went at once, oh joy!!!!!!

my daughter had her 3 in and was delighted, bless, she has only lost 5lbs since the op, but she didnt eat much to start with and always ate healthily, poor lamb.

Guess we're just the fat family.

Anyway, girls take care of you all and i'm sorry I dont get here much, babysitting almost every day at my other daughters house, so dont get much time to be online.

Glad ur mum is out of hospital honey and you got to ur appointment just about!! I'm so looking forward ot Saturday, a bit of restriction I hope and I'll feel in control once again. I've put on well over half stone in 5 weeks!! Prob nearer 10lbs and this last stone has taken months to shift. Never mind I'm getting a fill and that's all that matters! I just hope that horrid acid doesn't come back. I don't miss that side of things! Enjoy an acid free xmas Freckles!! I had 2.5ml taken out, not sure how much they'll put back in. I'm after 2ml as don't want to be quite as full cos of the acid but we'll see x

nice to see ya back freckles glad your mum is back were she is use to its hard on them getting messed about,that 5lb your daughter has lost is prob like a stone to us lol,cause she dosnt have that much to lose lol at least she knows she can be more in control,and now ya the babysitter lol bet you spoil them rotton xx

Hello All

Glad to see that the thread is being found. It's been a bit quiet on here.

Hope all are ok and getting ready for Christmas (if you celebrate) or just some well deserved time off from the normal day to day.

I am so looking forward to just stopping on Monday evening, off to Florida for Christmas and very excited. Have to curtail this as the youngest doesn't know we are going we have kept it as a big surprise.

So last weigh in today for three weeks and I am at a total weight loss of 52 pounds and inch loss of 45 inches in 19 weeks. I have my monthly so will weigh justbefore we go on Tuesday morning and see what I am then and just keep a check on it if I can. Not worried as will probably only be having the same as here - Soup. I have managed a little bit of chilli and I have started to eat the soft part of the satsuma and not the skins. I need my fruit! So lots of pureed baby fruits aswell.

When I have a chance I will update my ticker but probably not now until January when we are back.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, restful time and you manage to enjoy a little food that whets the appetite.

Have fun! Merry Christmas

well done claire your doing great,dont know if i could just eat what your eating and taking shakes lol,lucky you going to florida that would be wonderful,im scared of flying got a phobia about 4 years ago lol,strange cause i use to live in germany and fly all the time dont know what happened lol anyway enjoy yourself hun you must be down to a decent size now lol xB)

Howdy Fellow Bandees

I have got back from my week of chilling in the sun, Egypt was fabulous, and I never got bitten by the Sharks lol....

Great news is I managed to lose 4lbs while I was away and my band is a lot tighter - must have something to do with the flight. Was gonna go for another fill on Friday but gonna leave it now I think till after Xmas and see how I get on.

Also me and my darling man have decided to tie the knot and we are getting married on the 29th December, small family do with the kids and parents, should be lovely and can't wait - even better now I am all sun tanned

Hope everyone is doing well

Love Kerry xx

Hi everybody!! I haven't been here for quite a while now been busy at work and theweather hasworne me out , I am ooking foward for the christmasholidays next week , i really need some rest.

Freackles thanks for your reply about your fills! sorry to hear about your mum i hope she get better.

Slinky hope you doing well i have had my third fill already ihave now 6.5 mls in my band lost 2lbs in the first week then it stops. Iam having my 4th fill in jan now!!

Howdy Fellow Bandees

Also me and my darling man have decided to tie the knot and we are getting married on the 29th December, small family do with the kids and parents, should be lovely and can't wait - even better now I am all sun tanned

Love Kerry xx

Congratulations shall be thinking of you on my birthday. Have a wonderful day.

Take care

Claire

Hi everybody!! I haven't been here for quite a while now been busy at work and theweather hasworne me out , I am ooking foward for the christmasholidays next week , i really need some rest.

Freackles thanks for your reply about your fills! sorry to hear about your mum i hope she get better.

Slinky hope you doing well i have had my third fill already ihave now 6.5 mls in my band lost 2lbs in the first week then it stops. Iam having my 4th fill in jan now!!

congrats kerry what a lovley time of year to get married,i love the winter not the snow though lol,well not when it's causing havoc nice way to start 2011xxxxxx,wow laila your flying when i had my second fill i could only eat once a day so i left my third fill till after xmas,clearly thinking of my tummy lol so i can eat,but will defo be going in jan for third fill but as you say i normally lose 7lb then it stops again so i will see how it goes hun xx

cant wait to get xmas over me,cant stop eating at the min lol,will prob have put weight on by the time this next fill comes hope you are all doing well xx

Just a quickie as in the process of packing and doing laundry. Just 2 pounds short of a 4 stone loss - wow that's nearly 56 pounds.

Anyway thought I would share.

Have started thinking about the next steps aswell with regards to breast reduction/lift and other bits as there are definately going to be loose bits! Anyone now of a good cosmetic surgeon I have the Begium Surgery Services information from Frederik and will have a chat with him when I go for my third fill in January.

Interested to know if anyone got any cosmetic work on the NHS etc.

Anyway must go as poorly child to the out of hours service and packing hubby's bag.

Have a lovely Christmas and hopefully drop in whilst we are away.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Just a quickie as in the process of packing and doing laundry. Just 2 pounds short of a 4 stone loss - wow that's nearly 56 pounds.

Have started thinking about the next steps aswell with regards to breast reduction/lift and other bits as there are definately going to be loose bits! Anyone now of a good cosmetic surgeon I have the Begium Surgery Services information from Frederik and will have a chat with him when I go for my third fill in January.

Anyway must go as poorly child to the out of hours service and packing hubby's bag.

well done claire you have done fab,hope your child is ok,and hope you have a fantastic holiday love. You deserve it,bet your looking forward to your new wardrobe,you must look great now xxxxx:D

well done claire you have done fab,hope your child is ok,and hope you have a fantastic holiday love. You deserve it,bet your looking forward to your new wardrobe,you must look great now xxxxx:D

hi were has everyone gone i guess alot of the original peep's cant find this post,i hope more people join:blink: