Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

It does take a lot of food to maintain. My figure, mainly hi fat foods so the new liquid diet has had a dramatic effect.

I lost 3 stone on the Cambridge diet in 18 days so I always lose quick to start with.

You watch nex t week I will not lose so I will enjoy while I can

Hello you well done, I weighed myself Sunday night and I had put one pound on LOL:scared2:. How are you feeling in yourself? It was lovely to meet you and your wife, thought she was really nice.

Hey Guys

Now a week and a bit since 3rd fill and had a very weird few days, went to Blackpool for few days to visit family, day one - no problems, day two - couldnt even get Water down, day three pretty much same but managed to keep down some Soup and today I managed some Soup, steak pudding and mash - how bizarre is that?!?!? This band is a weird thing at times, but I am learning from it every day.... now nothing passes my lips until midday at least and then I MUST have a hot drink before I even think about eating otherwise it comes back up

Saw my cousin this weekend who had a bypass done last October, OMG she has lost almost 8 stone but is looking quite gaunt and pale - I was quite worried about her, I know the band was the right choice for me, so much more controllable and a slower, gradual weight loss for me is the healthier option

Nice to see some new names popping up - best decision I have ever made and I am sure you will all feel the same soon enough

Kerry xx

Hi Kerry

You sound exactly the same as me! everyday is different since my 3rd fill 6 weeks ago and I absolutley must have a hot drink or 2 before I can even eat a dunked rich tea biscuit!

Yesterday I had trouble with scrambled egg and Beans and was sick 3 times so gave up, but then managed to eat lamb curry and rice and a little bit of a chapati last night.

I reckon the next fill when I'm back from hols may be the one to get me to the perfect spot and cut my portions down to literally a couple of mouthfulls. heres hoping anyway.

Good luck x

Hello you well done, I weighed myself Sunday night and I had put one pound on LOL:scared2:. How are you feeling in yourself? It was lovely to meet you and your wife, thought she was really nice.

I am feeling great, weight watcher Soups 70 cals and have been back on my bike from today for some exercise, feeling very posative, it's nice to feel in contol again.

Hi everyone, have been lurking about and reading all your posts for the past few weeks and thought its time I said hello and well done.

:thumbup:

Honestly shaz you wont regret getting it done.It was the best thing i ever spent my money on.

Bobo can I pick you brains

Now had 3 fills and at 6.75 ml in 7 ml band, some days can eat other days nothing will go down

Get a weird gurgling sound when I eat or drink anything, also not lost any weight at all in last 2 weeks - what on earth is going on??

Considering going on slim fast as really tired cos not getting any nutrition

HELP!?!?!?

Hi everyone, have been lurking about and reading all your posts for the past few weeks and thought its time I said hello and well done.

Welcome Summer Breeze

Welcome to the site, are you banded yet or have you booked yet?

Kerry

Welcome to the thread. Are you planning to have a band? Or have you had one? Good luck hope the thread is helpful to you. We are a friendly bunch :)

Yes slinky and no problems eating so far as long as i eat slow and and it's just a small potion.

I'm worried now about putting weight on before my fill onthe 9 so trying not to push i can feel when im full - but boy are old habbits a bi..h to break lol

How are you doing. Anita is doing well she email me

Hi Kerry

You sound exactly the same as me! everyday is different since my 3rd fill 6 weeks ago and I absolutley must have a hot drink or 2 before I can even eat a dunked rich tea biscuit!

Yesterday I had trouble with scrambled egg and Beans and was sick 3 times so gave up, but then managed to eat lamb curry and rice and a little bit of a chapati last night.

I reckon the next fill when I'm back from hols may be the one to get me to the perfect spot and cut my portions down to literally a couple of mouthfulls. heres hoping anyway.

Good luck x

Hi FP

Thank god its not just me that has had this problem. I find it so much easier to swallow if I have had a few cups of hot tea or coffee - weird

Going at end of August to see Dr Chris for another fill and will talk it through with him then - getting annoyed as not losing any weight now either - considering slim fast to get some nutrition in and keep calories down

K x

Bobo can I pick you brains

Now had 3 fills and at 6.75 ml in 7 ml band, some days can eat other days nothing will go down

Get a weird gurgling sound when I eat or drink anything, also not lost any weight at all in last 2 weeks - what on earth is going on??

Considering going on slim fast as really tired cos not getting any nutrition

HELP!?!?!?

Hi scooby the gurguling is defo restriction as thats what i get when i drink.The band really is a weird thing that changes from day to day for me.Sunday i eat a two course meal no probs as i was going for a fill tue so thought i would treat myself before the fill.Monday i had two mouthfulls out a weight watchers meal and that was me stuck and had to leave the meal.Really its trying to get a happy medium of were you can eat and were you get good restriction.

Somtimes its good to change your diet round a bit so i would say give it a try.Sometimes i will go on the Atkins style diet to get my weight moving again other times i would go on the liquid style diet for a few days just to get things moving.

And also just stick in there the weight will eventully go even when you are not loosing weight you may be loosing inches so dont worry.

hi md it will all be fine have you booked direct with chris if so you wont have to worry bout taxi's so all will run smooth,you normally get taxi at 6.45 i asked for the hotel to give me an alarm call at 6 to get showered lol,my stomach was swelled hun it goes down a bit so i woud say you might still have a wee bit of swelling after 10 days,pack lightly you wont be bothered well i wasnt i wore there nighty,and the next day changed back into the clothes i went in,and just changed my clothes the following day to go home in good luck any questions or worries you have shout me or anyone on here will answer you hun :thumbup:

Thanks for your prompt &reassuring response. I have reached here and had a phone call from Fred, will be picked up for consultation & banding at 6.45.

no turning back now....one part of me is thinking that maybe i have taken a very drastic step and should have tried gym+diet again...but other part of me knows that it hasn't worked in the past and i have an extra 50-60 pounds that are not ding my long term health any favours....so basically a muddle of thoughts, nerves & emotions:frown:

am bit scared so whoever rea:frown:s this msg, please say a prayer for me.

MD xx

Hi MD. I was banded on 6 july and had my consultation the same morning Fredrick came to the hotel and had a chat and he also took me to the hospital. Don't worry it's the best thing I did.

thanks twlight, that's reassuring. I am here now, tmrw is the big day....fingers crossed

Yes slinky and no problems eating so far as long as i eat slow and and it's just a small potion.

I'm worried now about putting weight on before my fill onthe 9 so trying not to push i can feel when im full - but boy are old habbits a bi..h to break lol

How are you doing. Anita is doing well she email me

hi summer breeze welcome hope you find some inspiration on here lol,sher ive had fish in sauce and veg lasagna but chewew really well i cant do the blending my food thing but ive been ok on it anita says she gets pain in her shoulder i dont do you x

md you will be ok! prayers sent out for you

Hi scooby the gurguling is defo restriction as thats what i get when i drink.The band really is a weird thing that changes from day to day for me.Sunday i eat a two course meal no probs as i was going for a fill tue so thought i would treat myself before the fill.Monday i had two mouthfulls out a weight watchers meal and that was me stuck and had to leave the meal.Really its trying to get a happy medium of were you can eat and were you get good restriction.

Somtimes its good to change your diet round a bit so i would say give it a try.Sometimes i will go on the Atkins style diet to get my weight moving again other times i would go on the liquid style diet for a few days just to get things moving.

And also just stick in there the weight will eventully go even when you are not loosing weight you may be loosing inches so dont worry.

Cheers Bobo

Does that mean I am now at the famous "sweet spot"?? I am booked to go back at end of August for another fill, should I cancel that?

Gonna try some milk shakes today to see if they will go down, my own GP advised me last week to try and eat high Protein foods whenever I eat - he suggested Peanut Butter, nuts/seeds, chicken, fish

Its so weird how one day you can eat nothing at all without being sick but next day could eat loads - aarrgghh

Kerry xx