Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

How much is Dr CDB charging at the moment? And what is the package you have all had?

They are charging 4150 Euros as a package inclusive of hotel, taxis and band.

Extras are train or the plane. We are going by Eurostar which I paid approx £140 for two tickets plus £50 for UK train tickets and any other monies my other half is going to need when we are away.

HTH

The package is very good value and definately worth contacting them directly.

Frederik does eventually come back to you although you may have to chase him.

Good luck!

I can't believe that this time in two weeks I will be home and have had the band fitted. It seems only yesterday that I sent the initial enquiry to Frederik and hey presto booked a provisional date, secured the money to have it all done and then paid in full. I received the email confirmation a few days ago and advise to go low fat.

I am so looking forward to the 30th July and keep wondering when the niggles will start but so far I feel very positive, very chirpy and upbeat.

I spoke to my best friend tonight and she was very supportive and asked if I had fully researched this etc. She was being cautious but felt reassured when I told her that it was all reputable etc and of an excellent standard and that I would be safe.

I hope everyone who is going over in the next few weeks have positive experiences and those that aren't posting but getting so much benefit from this part of the forum that all goes well and that you will feel confiident to post once you have been banded. The support is so essential to success and I am so glad I decided to join the forum!

Take care all and I'll be posting my experience up as it all adds up to giving others a better picture etc of what to expect. Night night :smile:

They are charging 4150 Euros as a package inclusive of hotel, taxis and band.

Extras are train or the plane. We are going by Eurostar which I paid approx £140 for two tickets plus £50 for UK train tickets and any other monies my other half is going to need when we are away.

HTH

The package is very good value and definately worth contacting them directly.

Frederik does eventually come back to you although you may have to chase him.

Good luck!

i hve frederik mobile number if its any use, send me a pm if u would like it.

g

Radley you're very welcome.

Good luck Slinky Cher and whomever else is going to begium soon..

I am paranoid now that I will make the pouch bigger as I can eat the same amount as before. Do you think I could make it stretch?

The band is not tightened hunny, and the food is going straight through to your big tummy, no you wont stretch it, you only do that if you continue to eat a lot once you have good restriction, which will be nigh on impossible lol.

Happy days, I have lost a few pounds since the fill, here's hoping its gonna continue falling off.

The band is not tightened hunny, and the food is going straight through to your big tummy, no you wont stretch it, you only do that if you continue to eat a lot once you have good restriction, which will be nigh on impossible lol.

Happy days, I have lost a few pounds since the fill, here's hoping its gonna continue falling off.

Thanks Freckles. You are a treasure. I was so worried about that. I know I am completely paranoid. I am so not normally like this. Its just I really want it to work and am struggling to eat what I should. I have just had a piece of victoria sandwich cake. I am not going to M&S Food again. Their cake is lush.

Glad you are losing. Congrats xxx

Hi Freckles, Thought it was about time I said something on this forum, its been a while. Well I had my third fill a few weeks ago and I can finally feel that my band it doing what its supposed to do and its great. The weight is finally starting to move and I am within 1lb 4 ozs of hitting my 2st goal since being banded 09/03/10. I did meet Jasmine101 there and bless her shes having a hard time losing it, but we had a good old yarn as Im sure you can well imagine. Mind you poor old Ange was upset when one of the ladies in the waiting area asked if she had a band, when she said no, she said " Well your not that small are you" , can you imagine how Ange felt? I had to take her to a retail therapy session afterwards to consol her! Anyway I am planning to have a 4th fill on Friday 13th Aug if I feel right and dare "Friday 13th and all that" ha ha. Hope youre doing ok my dear too. Hi to all the new ones just banded and those about to be. It can be a hell of a journey but well worth it in the end.

Banded on 9th March 2010

weight.png

Hi radley booked a few weeks ago did a lot of research and discovered uk prices were out of my reach, so went with tullia law.

Started looking at a ballon to start with but seemed a lot of money for some thing that only lasts 6 months.!!

Not to sure what to expect as the only info I have gleaned has been from this site.

Hi Fullfat, I did a balloon in 2007, while it was in place I lost a wonderful 5 stones in 6 months. As you say once it taken away youre back to square one. My BP went haywire and I put the 5 stone back on over the next 3 years. March this year , enough was enough and I was banded , best thing I ever did!

If youre really serious about this then even if you dont take my advice alone, just take a good long read through the post that all the other bandsters posted in here, and hopefully that will make the decision for you ok? Good luck either way.

Paul

Banded on 9th March 2010

weight.png

Hi Everyone

Reading this forum helped me to finally decide to have the banding done and I have now paid the deposit and my date is booked for 12th of August.

As hubby is not too keen for me to have it done and also can't accompany me bcoz of childcare issues, I am travelling alone. Now that deposit is given and eurostar is booked I am in panic mode....i keep thinking that I am going to be one of the minority for whom the band doesn't work, as I also have PCOS, my weight loss is always harder and slower as compared to others.

Another question, how much does your stomach swell up after the operation?? is it quite obvious?? How long does it usually take for the swelling to go down?? As I have only told hubby and Mum and am coming back to work 4-5 days after the surgery, I am bit concerned about a swollen stomach.

I might come back with a 100 more questions, please bear with me. I will also need reassurance in the coming days that only someone who has been through the experience can provide, so please do help me.

Thanks to the 2 members who replied to my first post and advised me regarding money transfer and initial questions.

MD xx

Hi Puddlejumper,

I havent seen you for an age, nice of you to drop by :tt2:.

How very rude of that woman to say that to Ange, I would have been devastated!!!!! Poor Angie.

Some people are so nasty, and their mouth works before their brain. Tell Angie to put it down to ignorance.

You are doing really well with your weight loss, well done.

Hi MD,

we all feel that way, that for us the band wont work, I think we are that used to failing on our lifetime of diets that it would be nothing short of a miracle if we actually got rid of all the excess weight. Dont worry chick, I'm sure everything will be fine.

On the swelling thing, my tummy wasnt much different, just make sure you have loose clothing to wear for a couple of weeks.

I have so much loose skin, its a nightmare and I've only lost 3 stone, its probably my age :tt2:

I know i need to exercise, but i just dont do it.

Thank you so much to all of you that have remembered I'm being banded on Tuesday and for all the support and advice over the last few weeks. :)

Have got to the point where I want it over and done with.

The anticipation has added to my need to eat even more and I feel like im really out of control.

I will keep everyone posted after, will be back on 29th.:tt2:

I have heard back from Frederik - he has put forward dates in September for my banding.

I now need to make a decision. Anyone else having it done in September?

OMG i can't believe i am actually considering this. I told my mum today and she thought it was a good idea so long the doc knows what he is doing and there is some aftercare. That latter point is the one that leaves me the most anxious.

Anyone else have/had this concern and if so how have they dealt with it?

Hi this is my first post on here. Thought i'd send you a quick message, as im going over on the 13th September to be banded on the 14th. Have you booked yet? Like you im anxious, but have a very supportive husband. But just trying not to get to stressed out about it at this stage. It's difficult as we've decided not to tell any family or friends until after it's done. Just didn't want the pressure of having to cope with all their concerns, as well as our own. Hoping to use this for a bit of encouragement leading up to it. xx

Congratulaions Lou La Bell on your decision, you wont be sorry.

Please dont forget to come back after you have been banded for any concerns you may have or problems you may encounter, we're always here to offer our help, if we can.

hi folks , getting banded next week with CDB , finally the wait is over , have to say im little bit worried , my wifes worried she wont know what to cook when i get home !!! ha ha ,

PS glad to here everyone doing well ..... and sticking with it ,