Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Slinky

No access for a while bt im back. I see yo've paid in full I will be doin the same this week.

Lookin forward to all the positive changes coming. But im really scared rethe OP.

So lad we are doin it together

I'm startin to think about pre OP diet not sure what to try any idea's...

ood luck to all the those about to be banded x

Hi Freckles

why do we need to wear stockings? should I take them with me

Hi Liverpool

i booked through them. So far all ok. I did however, think I was booking direct and was originally disappionted I sorted everythinkg out Bridet was very helpful.

Im being banded on 27 July

Sher, you dont need to take the stockings they are provided the by the hospital, I believe its to prevent DVT setting it.

The same as the flight stockings

Hi Slinky

No access for a while bt im back. I see yo've paid in full I will be doin the same this week.

Lookin forward to all the positive changes coming. But im really scared rethe OP.

So lad we are doin it together

I'm startin to think about pre OP diet not sure what to try any idea's...

ood luck to all the those about to be banded x

so glad your back sher you had me worried thought your nerves had got to you and ya changed ya mind.im just glad someone from here is going to be going through this with me lol,dont worry sher im worried too but i know it's for the best,sure we'll have a bit of craic to lighten the mood the night before.As for the diet im not gonna go out of my way im gonna have Cereal for brek,soup at lunch time,and smaller portion for tea i dont eat red meats and dont cook in fat so i will try that and see how i go,i think the dr let's you have a nice meal in the restaurant the night before surgery,THE LAST SUPPER lol sooo pleased ya still going yay:lol:

how you doing that sounds horriable...I guess the first few days will be the worest and then you will start to feel better. it must settle down over the next few weeks.

Hi Julie

I am feeling a bit better today, not ate anything so far though - just not hungry which is a great thing

I left it till later in the day yesterday and managed a small baked potato with cheese but that was all I managed the whole day - since my fill on Thursday I have lost 4 lbs which is fab and is the reason we all get banded

With the PB (sick) I guess I will need to experiment with what I can and can't eat, learn to eat a lot lot slower and listen to the band and not try to over do things.

I know you are new to this and I must have sounded like a scaremonger but believe me when I say you will be absolutely fine. The Surgeon and his team are 1st class, the hospital is spotless clean and all staff are super friendly and the level of care is excellent.

So far since my op in March I have lost almost 2 stones which in comparison to some is not a lot but I am really seeing the difference, my health has improved so much already and my other half is noticing certain lumps and bumps are shrinking - some of which he is none too happy about lol

If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to SHOUT, remember we have all been where you are just now and know how scared you will feel - no question is silly if it puts your mind at rest

All the best

Kerry xx

Hello All,

I'm Claire from Northants and I lost a significant amount of weight (5 stone) and then had another baby and it just doesn't want to shift.

I have read some amazing weight loss testimonials on this site. Well done to everyone. I have seriously been considering a LAP-BAND® since October 2009.

I was referred into the NHS but my GP wasn't confident that I would be able to get funding as I don't have anything wrong with me (Yet!) i.e. diabetes. Although I see this as a preventative; I have a family health history of diabetes from both sides, a triple bypass on paternal side and just feel like I am a ticking bomb just waiting to turn a certain age and boooooom!

I had an ACL replacement in 2008 and it is stable but I am forever being told you need to lose weight.

At the referral I felt so bullied as I do genuinely think that the lack of exercise (since the knee op) and an underactive thyroid contribute to my excess weight. I was bullied by the Consultant and it was a horrible experience. He told me that I was a secret binge eater in the fridge in the early hours and that he would get me to admit it before he would agree to any surgery. I wish I am so tired I go to bed and sleep. Just appalling to be treated like this. I came away feeling very disheartened and quite shell shocked that people are treated in this way when they are genuinely asking for help.

I was advised to join a weight loss group. I went along and the lady who ran it could see that I knew what I was talking about as we eat very healthily and cook (low fat) and she blatantly told me that exercise in her view made absolutely no difference. Having been a PE teacher and sports mad for many years I had to disagree and choose not to go back (what a surprise).

So I have mulled and mulled and finally came to a decision and confided in my husband and my mum.

I am provisionally booked in with Dr Chris in Belgium for the 30th July 2010 subject to deposit and borrowing some money. I am saving like crazy and every little bit is in an envelope. I don't have any doubts as I feel that this forum and others blogs have helped me. I am planning to use Herbalife as a supplement as it is not just a weight loss product but used to build people up and maintain weight.

In some ways I see this as a new era in my life I have two lovely children, we would have had more but we have chosen not to. So I want to move forward positively as I have been on the receiving end of some nasty comments from employers e.g. "you don't fit the image of a PE teacher" okay so I don't represent my country and I'm not stick thin but the kids I taught loved PE and had positive experiences.

I am not doing this for vanity I am doing it so that I feel happy being in a photograph, so that I can run around with my children playing footie and not risk rupturing the repair and so that I can feel more positive. I'll put up with anything that the surgery wants to throw at me and afterwards.

Sorry for going on but oh it feels so good to have that off my chest. If I don't manage to get all the money together I will postpone July but I will defnately be getting it done.

Take care and thank you for reading if you have got this far.:scared2:

UPDATE

I am now booked for the 30th July arriving in Brussels on the 29th July. Very excited - just want to get started now and on the right path.

:lol:

UPDATE

I am now booked for the 30th July arriving in Brussels on the 29th July. Very excited - just want to get started now and on the right path.

:scared2:

that's great news im so pleased for you,i'll be done on 27th so just a few days before you it's so exciting isin't it lol.but as you say it's great to prevent any of these illnesse's you can get from being overweight that is why im getting my now while im still "healthy":biggrin:

Scooby, you get the thick saliva as a natural reaction to the urge to be sick, to help the lubrication i guess. You may PB but only saliva as the food is stuck in the hole or has just gone through so its only the horrible saliva thats left. However it should not take long before you realise what you are doing to cause you to PB inthe first place!

Scooby, you get the thick saliva as a natural reaction to the urge to be sick, to help the lubrication i guess. You may PB but only saliva as the food is stuck in the hole or has just gone through so its only the horrible saliva thats left. However it should not take long before you realise what you are doing to cause you to PB inthe first place!

Hi Carriejess

Thanks for that, I have now started keeping a food diary to see what things are triggering PB and that way I can avoid them in future. What I do find weird though is one day I can eat something and the next day it makes me PB ...... odd

I am avoiding food now until after lunchtime as trying to eat earlier than that seems to make me ill

How's the pregnancy going and are you managing ok with your band still

Best wishes

Kerry xx

Sounds like you're a bit over-filled Scoobs, thats how I was.

Try eating a little later in the day, sometimes I couldnt eat until lunchtime, and could never eat egg, well just the yolk, of a poached or boiled egg, but never scrambled hun.

I think after each fill, you have to try everything before you find what you can eat, cos every little bit of saline, changes everything, or maybe thats just me.

would agree with freckles, when i am super tight i might s well forget eating in the morning but as the day goes on it eses. oh an scrambled egg just dont go for me as you would think it would x

Hello Everyone. Just a story to let some of the newer bandsters know, I was banded September 23rd and now, 9 months later I am only 15 lbs. until I hit my goal. It is remarkable.

I've haven't had to be adjusted since January and I have 4 cc. in my 7 cc. band. I have absolutely no regrets about the band or Dr. Chris. And I tell everyone who asks because it has been wonderful for me.

hi all, i hope every one is well, im just back from a week in spain and before i went i was gonna have a small defill but as i am at my sweet spot i decided aginst it. oooooft bad idea, as i was on a bit of a drinking week, my tummy swelt with drink and the heat to the extend that i virtually ate nothing for 5 day, never stopped me drinking th, however in the morning even Water would not go down.

So anyone going on a boozy holiday and has tight restriction i would reccoment a little defil.

Plus side i lost 7 pound in a weeks holiday, never been done in my lifetime hahahaha.

g

Hello Everyone. Just a story to let some of the newer bandsters know, I was banded September 23rd and now, 9 months later I am only 15 lbs. until I hit my goal. It is remarkable.

I've haven't had to be adjusted since January and I have 4 cc. in my 7 cc. band. I have absolutely no regrets about the band or Dr. Chris. And I tell everyone who asks because it has been wonderful for me.

omg chpamar that is fab,well done you will have to post some before and after photo's,what have you been eating girl to do so well.Gary great weight loss also,i see drink still goes down well,that's good news for me lol,i though it would have made you put weight on lol,gary what Protein Shakes were you on as im thinking of havig them after my surgery,and any ideas of what to eat in later stages to get my Protein in thanks a bunch:tt2: