Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Oh girls dont despair, we all feel like this. We think the band has failed, or we have done something to the band itself.

STOPPIT!!!!

When you have restriction, you will know it, and believe me you will get it.

Then you will start to lose weight, how could it not work for you and yet work for thousands of others?

keep your chins up girlies, have faith, and a little patience, I know its hard but it doesnt happen overnight, I have only lost 3 and half stone in 16 months, but I know it will happen if I stop eating crap, which I do tend to do. Cant eat big portions, but then i never did, I was always more of a grazer.

Ladies, just to make you feel more at ease I will back up exactly what Freckles said... I had my op 09/03/2010, I lost initial weight thanks to the pre op diet and the surgery itself.

But for 6 longgggggggggggg weeks I never moved another ounce. I missed my second fill as I was on holiday, but went for it on 08/06/2010 and now have 4 mls in me, and the weight has started to move again and in the right direction.

Since last Thursday I have lost 4 & 1/2 lbs in 6 days. So restriction does come eventually, so don't give up too early.

I am half expecting to go for fill number 3 on 08/07/2010 in Manchester and maybe just maybe I will get to where I need to feel the true restriction I am waiting for.

They do say and it's true it's not a miracle cure but a tool for us to work at and with. So be patient like I am and many others are and I am sure it will be what you want it to be.

On a great news note for me, since Xmas 2009 I went to my doctor who said my blood pressure was high and that was down to my weight. I have lost 16kg since then, and now my BP is "normal" again, so I am impressed.

Long may this continue I say!

Good luck and keep thinking "my turn is coming soon"

Paul :devil_smile:

thanks for the boost julie,your doing great bet ya made up to be in a 16,that's a big jump from a 20 so well done hun,what kinda stuff do you eat hun:cool2:

Oh Hun

I can eat most things apart from bread but like everyone is saying im still having to work hard at it and i think to myself i spent all this dosh im gonna make it work for me so im careful and i must say apart from the odd blip i tend to go for the healthier options but am a bit addicted to cheesy wotsits at the min better than chocolate i suppose . I would like to know tho i had sausage and an egg tonight which was a bit greasy i could only eat a mouthful and felt violently sick and threw it away as any one else had this or maybe its because its the first time since the op and my bodys rejecting it thoughts on this would be interesting.

Dont worry wannabe all ur doubts and worries will be far outweighed once you have ur op, I was so scared before mine i seriously considered doing a runner from the theatre but knew id regret it and im so glad i stayed now, im going for my 2nd fill on 8th July in manchester so hope i might get some restriction then,

lots of love

Julie xx

he gave me my date of 29th of may and its a friday which is the date of the op i fly out on the thur come home on the sunday. I think they only do em friday and tuesdays from what i can remember.

Jackie, i did a diet called lipotrim i got it from the chemist which you will be albe to find them on the net (google it) and i lost 13lb in my 1st week, its kinda the same as lighterlife i think (3 shakes a day) over 6 weeks i lost 33lb its kinda a quick fix so it may help.

i rang fredie last night and he sounds a real dish (i remember someone saying on here he was a bit of a lucker) but sounded lovely and really helpful xx

Can someone please give me Freddies number I have spoken to him once via Dr Chris but am still waiting Email with dates details etc, that was 2days ago _

sooooo impatient!

well done on being a bandster im not due to be done for another 4 weeks but im sure all the experienced bandster's will answer your question,prob sounds normal though come on freckles were are ya with ya great advice lol:thumbup:

Wannabe Slinky - you're the same height, weight and target weight as I am/want to be. Good luck with having the band done at the end of July. Are you going to Belgium? jaynex

Cankster - Thank you so much for the offer. I have an appointment in Newport at 11am on the 23rd but am happy to drive. I am coming from Swindon. If you want me to pick you up I am happy to do so on my way through. Is this your first fill?

Edited by Jayne Elizabeth

Oh Dear

you are all being so negative lol, we all think that along the way but believe me it does work and it will be the best thing you ever did TRUST Me, my lucks awful so if anything was going to go wrong it would have to me lol but im fine 19lb down and chuffed to bits gone from size 20 to a 16 and today i got called sexy by a couple of blokes in a van lol that made my day i know im so sad!!

So girls please dont worry everything will be fine and i promise you the thought of having the op is much worse than the reality, I had my 1st fill last thurs 3mls and hasn'rt made any diff at all but booked again for 8th of july for another, so just remember patience is a virtue it takes time and lots of work but you'll do it and you wont look back

Julie xxxxxxx

Thanks for the encouragement Jaynex:thumbup:

Ladies, just to make you feel more at ease I will back up exactly what Freckles said... I had my op 09/03/2010, I lost initial weight thanks to the pre op diet and the surgery itself.

But for 6 longgggggggggggg weeks I never moved another ounce. I missed my second fill as I was on holiday, but went for it on 08/06/2010 and now have 4 mls in me, and the weight has started to move again and in the right direction.

Since last Thursday I have lost 4 & 1/2 lbs in 6 days. So restriction does come eventually, so don't give up too early.

I am half expecting to go for fill number 3 on 08/07/2010 in Manchester and maybe just maybe I will get to where I need to feel the true restriction I am waiting for.

They do say and it's true it's not a miracle cure but a tool for us to work at and with. So be patient like I am and many others are and I am sure it will be what you want it to be.

On a great news note for me, since Xmas 2009 I went to my doctor who said my blood pressure was high and that was down to my weight. I have lost 16kg since then, and now my BP is "normal" again, so I am impressed.

Paul :thumbup:[Great to read thanks Paul. My band is only 10 days old. When I got home from Belgium and weighed myself last thursday I had lost 10 lb. That was a week ago and I havent lost another pound but am happy to read all the stories on here it is definitely encouraging. Jayne

Can someone please give me Freddies number I have spoken to him once via Dr Chris but am still waiting Email with dates details etc, that was 2days ago _

sooooo impatient!

Frederik's number is 0032 472 01 90 91. He is lovely. Hope you get in touch with him soon. Jaynex

Oh Hun

I can eat most things apart from bread but like everyone is saying im still having to work hard at it and i think to myself i spent all this dosh im gonna make it work for me so im careful and i must say apart from the odd blip i tend to go for the healthier options but am a bit addicted to cheesy wotsits at the min better than chocolate i suppose . I would like to know tho i had sausage and an egg tonight which was a bit greasy i could only eat a mouthful and felt violently sick and threw it away as any one else had this or maybe its because its the first time since the op and my bodys rejecting it thoughts on this would be interesting.

Dont worry wannabe all ur doubts and worries will be far outweighed once you have ur op, I was so scared before mine i seriously considered doing a runner from the theatre but knew id regret it and im so glad i stayed now, im going for my 2nd fill on 8th July in manchester so hope i might get some restriction then,

lots of love

Julie xx

Hi - did you grill the sausage. I wonder if we can tolerate the grease now. I think I will just grill and poach/scramble eggs from now on.

I am into the second week and am sick of liquids. I have mostly had slimfast and low calorie angel delight made with skimmed milk. What did you eat in this week, can you remember?

And about the bread thing. My husbands italian friend bought round some italian bread. From what I understand it is made very differently as it doesn't contain hardly any fat or yeast. It is a completely different texture - I wonder if we could tolerate that as I will miss fresh bread immensely.

I also felt like running from the theatre. It was done differently than england. I can remember having an op here and they take you into the first room and put you out and you never see the actual operating theatre. In Belgium they wheel you right in under the operating lights wide awake. Plus, the room before you got there was full of beds with people waiting for ops it was like a conveyor belt.

However, I am really glad I had it done and cant wait for the weight to start coming off (Day 10). Jaynex

Paul :thumbup:

hi all

hope everyone is well, not been on for a while, but all is well.

I just wanted to dd to this that i also go throught 2-4 weeks at a time when the scales dont move iloose inches then all of a sudden bam, i lose 10 pounds, its weird but stick with it, this band shit works, i am now over 9 stone lost and at a very comfortable restriction and i aint had a fill top up for 3 months.

g

Dont forget peeps that most peoples optimum restriction is anything from 5.5 to 8.5 mls thats a big difference...if you are at 5.5 mls and feel no restriction it could be that you need a couple of mls in and you will have to patient or it could be that you only need 0.5. Unfortunately everyone is different but when you get restriction trust me you will know! Most people go through the bandster hell phase and there is not really anything that any of us can say that will truly make you feel confident in your band until the magic restriction day. It will happen you just need to stick it out for a bit x

Dont forget peeps that most peoples optimum restriction is anything from 5.5 to 8.5 mls thats a big difference...if you are at 5.5 mls and feel no restriction it could be that you need a couple of mls in and you will have to patient or it could be that you only need 0.5. Unfortunately everyone is different but when you get restriction trust me you will know! Most people go through the bandster hell phase and there is not really anything that any of us can say that will truly make you feel confident in your band until the magic restriction day. It will happen you just need to stick it out for a bit x

hi Carrie Jess , hope your ok and looking forward to being a mummy :-)

guys Carrie is a well practised bandster and what she says is very true. I for one

take note of those more senior bandsters as they have "been there n done it all

before", so take note and stop worrying time will tell ok. Keep smiling bandsters

we are special in our own right ! Paul

sooooo impatient!

Frederik's number is 0032 472 01 90 91. He is lovely. Hope you get in touch with him soon. Jaynex

Thanks jaynex, couldnt wait so rang bridget instead as still not heard. Have now been given some dates from Dr Chris -so 3 Aug it will be!

I got to thinking yesterday that maybe I needed a little more in my band, cos I havent lost any weight at all for about 2 months.

I cant eat much at any one time, I ate a quarter of a burger at teatime and then an hour later some rhubarb yogurt.

Then like an idiot I tried to finish the burger just before bedtime. I had to run to the loo and vomited for England, how stupid am I, I kept thinking I could eat more and needed another fill.

But this was only in my greedy mind. God I'll never learn, Garry has that ever happened to you?

I do tend to feel hungry now and again and I hate it.

Oh Hun

lots of love

Julie xx

Hi - did you grill the sausage. I wonder if we can tolerate the grease now. I think I will just grill and poach/scramble eggs from now on.

I am into the second week and am sick of liquids. I have mostly had slimfast and low calorie angel delight made with skimmed milk. What did you eat in this week, can you remember?

And about the bread thing. My husbands italian friend bought round some italian bread. From what I understand it is made very differently as it doesn't contain hardly any fat or yeast. It is a completely different texture - I wonder if we could tolerate that as I will miss fresh bread immensely.

I also felt like running from the theatre. It was done differently than england. I can remember having an op here and they take you into the first room and put you out and you never see the actual operating theatre. In Belgium they wheel you right in under the operating lights wide awake. Plus, the room before you got there was full of beds with people waiting for ops it was like a conveyor belt.

However, I am really glad I had it done and cant wait for the weight to start coming off (Day 10). Jaynex

Hi Jayne

If im honest i was starving about the 5th to 6th day and couldn't cope with only drinks so started having Soups yoghurts etc and by second week was eating stew and cous cous as long as it was soft it was fine, and i got a lot of backing up and pain but now i can eat most things and since the first fill had hardly any backing up very strange, but i understand it takes time and can't wait for my next fill and hope i get to restriction then or somewhere near it anyway. I too felt really strange after the op was like a sink plug hole could hear and feel everything going down lol but after a few weeks u get to know how the bands working and start to work with it and im happy i ve never lost 20lb on a diet in 2 months but i have with the band and it feels great I miss fresh bread to and i could kill a sandwich at times but u get used to it and some days I can manage fresh bread but not often, u'll be fine hun and everyone is great on here always willing to help each other out, and 10lb in 10 days is fantastic keep up the good work

Julie xx