Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi WTG

I was also freezing but it is to do with the reduction in energy - because you are now putting far less fuel in then your body needs that energy for the main functions and cannot afford to let any excess be wasted on things like keeping your outer body warm - once your body gets used to the reduction in calories it will stabilise itself and gradually start heating the extremeties again

I find I am ok now but it did take a few weeks to stabilise - its nothing to worry about - infection would be the opposite way round - you would have a fever/temperature

Have you started on solids yet, I am able to manage most things if I eat slowly however bread has caused me a lot of pain so trying to avoid it and stick with crisp breads and they dutch cakes

I go for my first fill on 22nd and really need it now - trying to limit my intake to around 1000-1200 calories a day until I get restriction sorted out properly and have just bought a x-trainer and an exercise bike so gonna start them this week too and try and get the weight shifting a bit

Take care

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Cheers, yeah an energy thing makes sense, now that you mention it. I had thought it was a side effect of the GA or something.

Are you having your first fill in London on the 22nd? That would be 21 dats post op for me, I'm going to ask if I can have it on that day (otherwise I'll be on T bone steak by the end of the month), otherwise my first will be 6th May.

I seem to be able to eat most things, yes I''m on solids and chew like mad. What kind of bread are you struggling with? Brown/wholemeal seems to be recommended as that one shouldnt swell, same with brown/wholemeal rice. It seems that the bleached products are the ones that swell and cause problems - well, if they're fresh anyway.

Got roast chicken tonight, god I can't wait! :confused:

Shame I can't have the tasty crispy skin :thumbup:

(I had a lovely get well card from girls in the office, never had one of those before - all saying how skinny I will be heheh)

Hi WTG

I am getting my fill done in Edinburgh - can't wait. Not sure if they will let you get filled at 3 weeks - that seems awful early but I understand why cos I am am now just over 4 weeks out and am able to eat pretty much anything and have to work hard to keep cals down low.

I have tried all types of bread and they all hurt like hell - just not worth the pain, I also had the same thing with tuna for some reason.

Really gonna up the exercise this week, went hill climbing yesterday however only managed 1/2 way up mountain as stitches/port on inside were pulling like mad and I was terrified in case I did something to injure myself but gonna try and go for a 1 1/2 walk every night this week up the hills and see if I can get the weight loss going in the right direction as it is completely stuck now

How much weight have you lost already - I reckon I am about 14-16lbs but not weighed myself for 2 weeks but know it has slowed right down

Take Care

Kerry

Hi jo

it was lovely to meet you and Angie thought so too. I am doing great since my fill

I have literally just had my first solid food since Thursday and it's now 930 Sunday morning

and that was a whole ounce if special k, I can feel a full feeling already. It's had a good effect

on my weight too another 2.5lbs off since then! I am happy to say the least.

My bmi has gone down over 3 since my op a month ago too.

Keep going honey we all will get there sometime no too far away I hope x Paul

extra note for the experts.... Since my fill I notice that I get a very sharp stabbing pain near

my port if I bend too much. I am guessing it could be for one of two reasons, 1 just because

it's filled now or 2 that I have been prodded by Chris and it's moaning about it. Anyone got this too?

And any possible reasons for it please? Paul

Lovely to meet up with Jojo again and Puddlejumper.

Paul your wife is a sweetheart, how she puts up with you I dont know lol.

Kissing all the ladies goodbye, wot are you like!!! Flirt comes to mind.

Well the ole acid reflux was back last night, had to sleep sitting upright until 5am, then could lie down.

I tried the cider vinegar and God, its horrific, made it worse, so dont try peoples!!!

I ended up chewing a remegel, which worked, eased it off a lot.

Anyway this is what I wanted, so am gonna suffer as long as the weight drops off I can put up with it.

Maybe by June I will be at target, fingers crossed.

Well done all you new bandsters, dont ever think you've wasted your money I had mine done twice, cos my first one developed a leak.

I love my band, its a real life-changer, even if sometimes you get a bit miserable, cos you cant eat like you used to do, but look to the future, cos its gonna be great!!

hi freckle, just a wee question, how lonf before you go to bed do you last eat or drink.

gx

Hi all its 3 weeks today until i make my journey nerves are really setting in, keep snapping at hubby but he's taking it well so far lol. Gonna try to start my pre op diet this week so if i dont stick to it strictly hopefully it will be ok by the time i go. Great to read all your stories which also give me reasurrance im doing the right thing. Told my sister-in-law the other day and she was great about it worried a little that i'm going aboard for the op but still supportive, i know she's told my brother about it but he hasn't mentioned it to me so dont realy know how he feels, other than them havent told anyone else maybe when its over and done with. Anyway i'll keep reading all your posts to get me through the next few weeks lol :thumbup:

Sussie

extra note for the experts.... Since my fill I notice that I get a very sharp stabbing pain near

my port if I bend too much. I am guessing it could be for one of two reasons, 1 just because

it's filled now or 2 that I have been prodded by Chris and it's moaning about it. Anyone got this too?

And any possible reasons for it please? Paul

Hi paul I'm no expert but i think it is the latter.Alot of people have bruising and are quite sore after being filled as the Dr does prod and push to find the port.I'm a bit sore bending up an down today at my port area too.I was out in the garden tidying up in this great weather and i was lifting slabs and i think i have pulled the port area maby tearing it from the skin slightly or something.When I'm turning in certain ways its a dull pain and when I'm driving for a while it starts to hurt a bit because I'm in the one position.So i will just have to take it easy for a few days till it nits back in to the skin.But i wouldn't worry to much it should ease off after a few days.

Hi all its 3 weeks today until i make my journey nerves are really setting in, keep snapping at hubby but he's taking it well so far lol. Gonna try to start my pre op diet this week so if i dont stick to it strictly hopefully it will be ok by the time i go. Great to read all your stories which also give me reasurrance im doing the right thing. Told my sister-in-law the other day and she was great about it worried a little that i'm going aboard for the op but still supportive, i know she's told my brother about it but he hasn't mentioned it to me so dont realy know how he feels, other than them havent told anyone else maybe when its over and done with. Anyway i'll keep reading all your posts to get me through the next few weeks lol :thumbup:

Sussie

Hi Susie

Dont worry hun my op s a week tomorrow and i was just the same but now i cant wait so excited about startin my new life, my pre ops not going as well as id like but hey im back on track now and hope i'll lose a little more only lost 3 pounds last week i'll keep u all updated on how it goes

Julie

Garry I usually watch TV in bed so go to bed about 10ish, I have stopped having a wee tipple in bed as I do get the reflux if I do.

Sometimes I forget and tell myself I'll be ok, silly woman aint I, duh!!!

My band has given me heartburn after eating today, feels like the food is stuck in my throat.

I like savoury stuff so for brekky I had cucumber (peeled) and cheese chopped up into cubes.

Lunch... I had homemade veggie Soup, (liquidised)

For tea I had an aero chocolate mousse, only 98 calories, but have suffered all day long, had to eat a Remegel in the end.

I dont feel particularly hungry, which is fantastic, but no weight loss yet, though my hands are cold all the time, and I am the same as WTG, feeling the cold, and then having night sweats.

why the hell can i only eat carbs and not be fruit and spinach? this baby is going to make me fat!

Jojo, I have done some research about port areas and found that a surgeon called...Dr. Katkhouda uses the LAP-BAND System ... This access port is placed under the skin in a muscle in the chest wall. ...

Also a doc in the US places the port in the shoulder area, so really Lippy Lady hasnt done much research even though she said she has been in the business for 25years!!!

Paul, sometimes my port area is very tender, I think sometimes it depends on which side you sleep. If you are overly worried why not mail freddyboy or Dr Chris.

I hope it passes hun.

Jojo, I have done some research about port areas and found that a surgeon called...Dr. Katkhouda uses the LAP-BAND® System ... This access port is placed under the skin in a muscle in the chest wall. ...

Also a doc in the US places the port in the shoulder area, so really Lippy Lady hasnt done much research even though she said she has been in the business for 25years!!!

Paul, sometimes my port area is very tender, I think sometimes it depends on which side you sleep. If you are overly worried why not mail freddyboy or Dr Chris.

I hope it passes hun.

hi freckles

I hope it does too it's so painful and thanks to bobaldy for his thoughts too.

I think I will give it till Thursday which will be a week after being messed with

And If it doesn't stop by then , email to the boys it is.

Just booked my second fill this morning with Julie for June 10. I have to miss

the may run as I will be securely fastened to a sunbed in turkey, hard choice huh lol.

It would be great to see my friends there again. Here's Hoping, mind you to wet ur

appetite girls Julie told me that it's more than likely to be freddy so I guess you'll all

be queueing up to have him prod you ha ha. Take care all.

Paul ... Ps I've lost 4lbs since fill last Thursday!!!! Impressed to say the least.

Hi all,

I am back from Brussels OMG the whole experience was so weird.

I flew from Leeds/ Bradford got there 1h 20m later. I got to Brussels at 7.30pm then got a taxi to the hotel which cost us 27 Euro which I think was rather expensive for 10 min taxi ride.

The hotel was rather basic but very clean, location could have been better it was located in industrial estate nothing to look at.

That night me and the 4 other girls from UK had a meeting with Fredrik he went through everything eg about the surgery about complication that might happen and so on. We could ask him questions if we need to. Also we had to pay for our surgery that night.

Next morning we got a taxi to the hospital for 7 which took us 5 min to get there.

I was shown to my bed and the cupboards with number on and also bathroom with my own sink lol.

Nurse asked me to get changed in their trendy gown and socks. One by one lots of different nurses came do different test. Also dr de brunye came and all the girls gathered in one room and he explained to us what was going to happen.

It was about 1:45 I was wheeled into theatre there waited for about 30 min in this room with 4 other people waiting for surgery. As I was waiting I could see the recovery room in that room was a girl from UK who has just had her surgery done she was violently sick. After seeing her I was scared wanted to run away and thought to myself what on earth am I doing. Few min later I was wheeled in theatre and they did lots of preparing around me. Anastasia was put in my arms to make me fall asleep I remember it was 2:20 that time. I woke up in the recover room I think it was 2:50 when I looked at the clock might be wrong cuz I was very sleepy. I was in lot of pain so they gave injection on my bum. After 2 hours in the recovery I was then back in the room where my hubby was waiting for me. Slept most of the evening then was awake whole of the night, me and the other girl we chatted all night. I was lucky I was with 2 other girls from UK.

In the morning had the ex ray test to see if everything is as it should be. I was not sick I did really well cant say I liked the taste.

The surgeon came and told us we can go back to the hotel and before we go we had to try and eat little bit of Soup and crisp bread. I eat one crisp bread and 2-3 spoon of soup which I felt I was full.

Coming back to the UK was not nice to travel hated it, especially the bumpy ride from the airport to York.

Sorry guys iv gone on too much, thought my experience might help other who r thinking of going.

Hi all,

I am back from Brussels OMG the whole experience was so weird.

I flew from Leeds/ Bradford got there 1h 20m later. I got to Brussels at 7.30pm then got a taxi to the hotel which cost us 27 Euro which I think was rather expensive for 10 min taxi ride.

The hotel was rather basic but very clean, location could have been better it was located in industrial estate nothing to look at.

That night me and the 4 other girls from UK had a meeting with Fredrik he went through everything eg about the surgery about complication that might happen and so on. We could ask him questions if we need to. Also we had to pay for our surgery that night.

Next morning we got a taxi to the hospital for 7 which took us 5 min to get there.

I was shown to my bed and the cupboards with number on and also bathroom with my own sink lol.

Nurse asked me to get changed in their trendy gown and socks. One by one lots of different nurses came do different test. Also dr de brunye came and all the girls gathered in one room and he explained to us what was going to happen.

It was about 1:45 I was wheeled into theatre there waited for about 30 min in this room with 4 other people waiting for surgery. As I was waiting I could see the recovery room in that room was a girl from UK who has just had her surgery done she was violently sick. After seeing her I was scared wanted to run away and thought to myself what on earth am I doing. Few min later I was wheeled in theatre and they did lots of preparing around me. Anastasia was put in my arms to make me fall asleep I remember it was 2:20 that time. I woke up in the recover room I think it was 2:50 when I looked at the clock might be wrong cuz I was very sleepy. I was in lot of pain so they gave injection on my bum. After 2 hours in the recovery I was then back in the room where my hubby was waiting for me. Slept most of the evening then was awake whole of the night, me and the other girl we chatted all night. I was lucky I was with 2 other girls from UK.

In the morning had the ex ray test to see if everything is as it should be. I was not sick I did really well cant say I liked the taste.

The surgeon came and told us we can go back to the hotel and before we go we had to try and eat little bit of Soup and crisp bread. I eat one crisp bread and 2-3 spoon of soup which I felt I was full.

Coming back to the UK was not nice to travel hated it, especially the bumpy ride from the airport to York.

Sorry guys iv gone on too much, thought my experience might help other who r thinking of going.

Congratulations Jasmine on becoming a fully fledged bandster. I am sure you will get out of this what you really want.

Regards Paul

thc.gif

Jasmine, thank you for sharing your experience with us all, I'm sure it will help no end of pre-bandsters, but what a long wait you had from 7am until 2pm.

Glad its all over, now the good stuff starts!!!