Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Shoes - huge thankyou for all your words of wisdom and guidance - eating too quickly goes back to childhood I think - not allowed to leave table until everything eaten so trick was to eat as quick as poss. Still struggling with the slow thing however getting better every day

Today I had a small smoothie, a cup o Soup, yoghurt and small jelly - still got lump in throat however gonna go back to my GP if does not ease off this week - had it loads before and he always puts it down to stress cos of work but will see what happens this time

Paul - glad to see you are on your feet and feeling better and congrats on the weight loss so far

And those of you who are waiting to be banded - only advice I would give is not to worry - easier said than done - it really is the right decision and nowhere near as painful as your imagining its gonna be

Best Wishes

Kerry

WOW shoes you've done amazing so pleased for you.

Gary, hows your throat now, hope its a lot better. its great to hear how well you weight loss is going, at this rate you wont be long getting to your chosen weight :thumbup:

Hi Gaz

Yes indeedy on Friday I will be a fully qualified bandster! Feeling excited today, but was quite nervous and emotional yesterday, but I am told this is normal! :Banane20:

Is there anyone else out there being banded on Friday?

Good luck to anyone else being done this week.

C x

OMG the day has finally

Shoes - huge thankyou for all your words of wisdom and guidance - eating too quickly goes back to childhood I think - not allowed to leave table until everything eaten so trick was to eat as quick as poss. Still struggling with the slow thing however getting better every day

Today I had a small smoothie, a cup o Soup, yoghurt and small jelly - still got lump in throat however gonna go back to my GP if does not ease off this week - had it loads before and he always puts it down to stress cos of work but will see what happens this time

Paul - glad to see you are on your feet and feeling better and congrats on the weight loss so far

And those of you who are waiting to be banded - only advice I would give is not to worry - easier said than done - it really is the right decision and nowhere near as painful as your imagining its gonna be

Best Wishes

Kerry

OMG the day has finally arrived and I'm heading to the airport in a couple of hours.

Good luck to Gaz and anyone else heading out today. Will try and post update but have had enough trouble trying to get on her this morning on my blackberry!

Gotta try and have no tears today. Was awful yesterday. Having my last fat photos taken in a bit, nice!

Chrissie x

Morning all, nearly 2 wks banded and I am feeling very tired this week. Fell asleep everynight and never heard the Emmerdale theme tune, go to sleep for about 1.5 hours but when I wake up ready to go to bed. Anyone had the same and what can I eat to give me some energy?

Kerry - how is the feeling in your throat now, I get a bit of what you have when I am eating, tried scrambled egg this morning, could only eat half as my throat had that feeling in it too.

Good luck to all getting banded this week, it will be a distant memory very soon, Susan

Hi everyone.. Just a question...someone here had been in Belgium alone for the surgery?? I just want to do it but anyone in here agree with that and i will need to go alone if i decide to do it.. Just want to know if someone had that experience and if i will be able to manage come back to Ireland alone..My hubby just dont agree with that and either his family and all my family is in Brasil(i am brasilian) so hard to me but i really need do that surgery because i am feel horrible and i have back problem so that is one more reason foor lost weight.. Hope someone give me a tip about that..

very happy for see the jorney of a lot of people in here and i hope i will be one of yours here soon.(sorry about my english isnt so good)take care everyone and thanks for everything!!!

Hi July, I went over on my own and spoke to a few people who were in the hotel who were going to have it done. They were lovely but the day after the op I stayed in the room all day and slept and watched the TV (news channel) so I wouldnt of been much company for anyone. I paid for the package so had lifts too and from the airport and hospital so it was fine. I do think you need to make an effort and talk to people in the hotel the night before or it could be a very quiet three days!! I flew both ways and then caught the train as my husband had to work. I did need the rest when I go home though. There was also another lady who had gone on her own via the train and she was ok. Good Luck and dont worry!! :Banane20:

I'm going to manchester on 8th April for another fill, I only need a bit in, last time freddyboy was a bit reluctant to put more than a 1/2ml in cos of my overfill last year, but this one didnt leave me at my sweet spot yet.

because i've had so many fills Freddy offered last time to do another (if needed) for free, bless, simply because he's not too sure how much my band will take at this time, it changes so much.

Does anyone know what the BMI criteria is for Dr chris to band people.

My daughter who is a size 12, has to constantly be on a diet otherwise she would balloon, and she was asking me. her BMI is30.

Hello from the Campanile! Got here safe and sound, pick up from airport was great and taxi driver was very chatty! Called my name out waving as soon as me and hubby turned the corner, obviously used to spotting the fatties!

Been out exploring in town and had a late lunch, got back to the hotel just before a huge downpour thankfully.

A lovely lady from Dublin just came up to me in reception to ask if I was being banded by Dr Chris tomorrow, and then said she was seeing him too, well the look on my face must have said "blimey, you don't need one" but she said she had hers done 2 years back, lost 6 stone (and looks great) and is now back having a neck lift done. Her Niece had it done too she said and went from 27st to 12st and only needs a tummy tuck! Good to hear. Very excited now. C x

Hello from the Campanile! Got here safe and sound, pick up from airport was great and taxi driver was very chatty! Called my name out waving as soon as me and hubby turned the corner, obviously used to spotting the fatties!

Been out exploring in town and had a late lunch, got back to the hotel just before a huge downpour thankfully.

A lovely lady from Dublin just came up to me in reception to ask if I was being banded by Dr Chris tomorrow, and then said she was seeing him too, well the look on my face must have said "blimey, you don't need one" but she said she had hers done 2 years back, lost 6 stone (and looks great) and is now back having a neck lift done. Her Niece had it done too she said and went from 27st to 12st and only needs a tummy tuck! Good to hear. Very excited now. C x

Howdy FP

Glad you have arrived safe and sound - you will be fine and everything will go super smooth I promise

Enjoy your last supper this evening and have a few drinks - will help you sleep tonight

Best of luck for tomorrow - hear from you soon

Kerry

Morning all, nearly 2 wks banded and I am feeling very tired this week. Fell asleep everynight and never heard the Emmerdale theme tune, go to sleep for about 1.5 hours but when I wake up ready to go to bed. Anyone had the same and what can I eat to give me some energy?

Kerry - how is the feeling in your throat now, I get a bit of what you have when I am eating, tried scrambled egg this morning, could only eat half as my throat had that feeling in it too.

Good luck to all getting banded this week, it will be a distant memory very soon, Susan

Alright Matey

Throat is still giving me a lot of trouble - gonna go back to GP next week I think as my indigestion medication not working

I have only been eating very soft foods and seem to be ok when eating it is later on I suffer.

Hows the weight loss going - not gonna weigh myself now until I get 1st fill in 4 weeks time - but trousers are falling down already lol

K xx

Does anyone know what the BMI criteria is for Dr chris to band people.

My daughter who is a size 12, has to constantly be on a diet otherwise she would balloon, and she was asking me. her BMI is30.

Hi Freckles I know on Dr Chris's website it states that a bmi of 35 is required for surgery, mine was only about 31 when i had mine fitted however.

I didnt want to take any chances in being refused so to be on the safe side I put my height down an inch and my weight up a bit when I completed the information required via email and I think that made my bmi 32 or 33 and they where fine with that. They dont weigh u or check your height once your in Belgium. I also had to sign a disclaimer though to say it was for aesthetic rather then medical reasons I was having the band fitted.

:) Heartburn and Reflux are killing me - decided to go back on Clear Liquids for a few days to give it a chance to settle - also read that liquorice root will help so gonna give it a go

I was suffering slightly pre-op however now 2 weeks post op it is getting worse every day - 10 days liquid and only in last few days I have moed onto mushy foods - mashed pots, carrot etc and scrambled egg - is this where I have gone wrong ?

Has anyone else suffered like this - how did you overcome it?

It is making me miserable - even drinking is uncomfortable as I can feel every single sip I take

Thanks

Kerry

Good luck to the ones away to get banded .Its not till next year homcare so have a bit to weight .Good for you not putting any on when you were away.I lost 2lb which takes me under the 15st mark which is a another confidence boost i will be getting a defill next month as im going on hol so that will be a challenge when i have no restriction.Great stats gaz it wont be long till you get under that magical 20st mark.I knew it was a big milestone for me.I think you will revise your goal once you get nearer it as thats what i have done.I thought to my self if i can get to 16st why can i not get to 15st but great weight loss keep up the good work.

:) Heartburn and Reflux are killing me - decided to go back on clear liquids for a few days to give it a chance to settle - also read that liquorice root will help so gonna give it a go

I was suffering slightly pre-op however now 2 weeks post op it is getting worse every day - 10 days liquid and only in last few days I have moed onto mushy foods - mashed pots, carrot etc and scrambled egg - is this where I have gone wrong ?

Has anyone else suffered like this - how did you overcome it?

It is making me miserable - even drinking is uncomfortable as I can feel every single sip I take

Thanks

Kerry

Hi Scooby doo, it sounds as if your really suffering, have you contacted Dr Chris, or Fred, this is going on for a long time, e mail them or phone, theyre around the hospital all weekend and need to know that things are getting worse. Hope things resolve them selves quickly for you.

Hi Guys. Congrats to all of you. I'm going in on Sunday 28th. My Dr is Dr Roger Betrouni in Dubai, and apparently, he and Dr De Bruyne Chris is running the show at Emirates Hospital in Dubai. Hope all goes well.

c15301f62e21652.gif

Edited by wegglez