Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks for all the advice :). I'm planning the op for the end of March (26th hopefully) so anyone having surgery around the same time would love to hear from you. Well done to all who have had the courage to make this life change has i know i'm feeling quite emotional, kinda scared (mostly of the unknown) and only slighty excited at this moment even though i know its the right thing :smile2:

thMinnieMouse_Thursdaylauras.gif

WOW!!! So many posts, I dont have the time to read them, as going to take Gabrielle over to see my Mum.

So glad its all over for you Jojo and Jeanie, will look forward to reading all about your adventures.

and thanx everyone for your sweet wishes about my MUm xxxx

having a major panic at the moment have just been reading threads that say you have to give yourself stomach injections after your op is this true? its the first time i've read this :smile2:

having a major panic at the moment have just been reading threads that say you have to give yourself stomach injections after your op is this true? its the first time i've read this :smile2:

Hi Sussie,

Yes you do and I was horrified when I read this and got it confirmed, however, if you have a friend with you they can do this and the other option is to ask your Nurses at your local surgery. I did that and they did my injections every day for me. I have a total phobia about needles and even when I had the surgery they had to gas me. It is really not bad at all. Good luck.

JB

Hi All,

Well just back from London and meeting Fred for my first fill, he was surprised that I had actually put on weight even though I have been on a liquid diet for the past couple of weeks since the op!

Where to go next with this?

JB:mad2:

relax, relax relax, i also hate needles but these things are tiny and that sharp that you dont even feel it going in, u just stick them in the fatty parts, and god knows we all have them.

Trust me there easy.

g

Hey Guys

Pre-op diet has been a disaster - was my birthday and everyone at work bought me chocs, champagne and a huge birthday cake - would have been rude not to help them eat it.

I have started with chronic indigestion this week - been taking zantac and swallowing gaviscon like Water but nothing helping - anyone got any ideas. Have always been bothered with it but want to get rid before I go for op in 2 weeks time

Thanks

Kerry

Just a quick question for the more experienced bandsters. I am now thinking about just after the band has been fitted what were you drinking for food? Also I read a lot of the Protein Drinks, mostly from American bandsters, where would I get this in England and at what stage should I be introducing them. Getting excited and gearing up to my challenge. Thanks for any replies, Susan

Hi Splatt

See the quote from Singing Parrot on Page 447 I think - some great information there on the after-op diet foods and also suggestions on what to take with you on the trip.

Have you started the pre-op diet yet?

Fill tomorrow, thatl be me bck to super tight, Soup and mushies only,

yesssss, next 4 stone here we come.

g

Hi Garry, Have my first fill tomorrow, Thought I was doing well with my loss (untill I saw some of the others amazing losses) then had my Birthday out to lunch then next night out to dinner out to lunch again today the last two weeks have been hopeless eating everything in sight:ohmy: and not feeling any restriction, do you think I will get back in line with the first fill or will it take 3 or 4. "Oh to have will power"!

I hsve my first fill tomorrow too. Your not in newport are you?

Hi, Yes I have an appointment at 11.10 in Newport

Might bump into you then I'm booked in for 12. Where u comin from, I'm over from bris, will prob get there earlier if u want a chin wag.

Hi Garry, Have my first fill tomorrow, Thought I was doing well with my loss (untill I saw some of the others amazing losses) then had my Birthday out to lunch then next night out to dinner out to lunch again today the last two weeks have been hopeless eating everything in sight:ohmy: and not feeling any restriction, do you think I will get back in line with the first fill or will it take 3 or 4. "Oh to have will power"!

hi baarbs

I would love to say to you that itl make a difference but it wont, however your on the rod, enjoy for the now being ble to hve a wee bit of what you like as once you reach tight restriction you wont be able too.

gx

Might bump into you then I'm booked in for 12. Where u comin from, I'm over from bris, will prob get there earlier if u want a chin wag.

I'm comming up from Plymouth about 2 1/2 hours drive. It's been 6 weeks since my op I see yours was only 3 weeks ago I thought we had to wait 4 to 6 weeks I wish I had ben able to have a fill after 4 weeks but as he only goes once a month to Newport I had to wait. Are you still loosing a lot? I remember you saying you lost loads very quickly.

Fill tomorrow, thatl be me bck to super tight, Soup and mushies only,

yesssss, next 4 stone here we come.

g

Oh well another wee 0.5 ml in today, me thinks i am back to sweetspot, as even eating soup i have to put spoon down for 30seconds after about 4 mouthfully, yaaaasssss, sure il no be saying that in a few days but thats why ive got it.

hope everyone is well. Its good to read all the new people coming on good on you, help keep this forum going.

g