Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi everyone ive finally plucked up the courage to post on here after reading all your posts on and off for about a month... Im just about to start my adventure but still have a few questions...so any advice would be greatfully accepted. Surgery planned in Belgium with Dr. Chris Bruyne (Hopefully) Im in the UK.

1. Did anyone have any problems flying home after surgery? Im planning on surgery Friday and flying home Monday.

2. Hotel suggestions?

3. How close to Brussels and do you think I'd be well enough post surgery to sight see before returning home?

Hi Sussie, You will just be a bit sore after the op across your tummy so lifting is a problem ie. luggage. I didn't feel like sightseeing had my op on the Friday and came home on the Sunday but everyone is different you may feel perkey enough to do some.We stayed at the Campanile and it was small but clean and friendly and very near to the hospital.

You will be about 20 to 30 mins by train from Brussels. Don't plan on doing any shopping as it is very expensive. Hope this is helpfull Baarbs

Well just thought i would post my good news that i have finally got to my goal I'm now officially 15 stone (210lb)which is a total weight loss of 8 st 2lb or (114lb) so I'm well chuffed.At the start of this journey i never thought i would get to this weight which i have never been at since i was 15 years of age .I'm still officially classed as obese as my bmi is 30.18.So my new goal is to get my bmi to 29 so that I'm just overweight.If i get my weight to 14 st 7lb(205lb) that will get me there.And after that i think thats where the real hard part will start trying to maintain my weight and not gain as i have done many times over the years.So for all you new bandsters out there thats just started there journey it CAN be done you just need to know how to work with your band and eventually it will pay off.:tongue_smilie:

Well done you what an inspiration to everyone you are.:cool2: I keep looking on here for motivation and it's people like you that have helped me.

I have lost 14lb but have come to a full stop and am eating anything I want,whether I need it or not. Don't want to slide back to the old bad habbits. Getting my first fill on Friday hope that gives me the kick up the jacksey I need. Once again thanks for your post and keep up the good work. Baarbs

Hi everyone ive finally plucked up the courage to post on here after reading all your posts on and off for about a month... Im just about to start my adventure but still have a few questions...so any advice would be greatfully accepted. Surgery planned in Belgium with Dr. Chris Bruyne (Hopefully) Im in the UK.

1. Did anyone have any problems flying home after surgery? Im planning on surgery Friday and flying home Monday.

2. Hotel suggestions?

3. How close to Brussels and do you think I'd be well enough post surgery to sight see before returning home?

Hi Sussie, I agree with Splatt, the hotel Camponile in Vilvoorde is a good place to stop at, it's Clean and most people stop there.

Didn't have any problems flying home, just felt uncomfortable being sat in one posisition for a long time, we had a two hour delay due to the weather.

As for sight seeing, I really didn't feel like doing anything after the op, for one thing your given a drink when you have your x-ray.This gives you the runs, it can last for two days. All I wanted to do was rest before I few home. Jeanie x

Thanks MiaBlue and Gary for your info on stitches. I think I have one where the drain was. A couple of the dissolvable ones dug in me, so I trimmed them and have had no trouble since. Couldn't get in to see the nurse untill Friday, so hope this want be too long to have my stitch taken out, it will be fifthteen days old by then.:tongue_smilie:

Hi just to let you all know Ive lost another 8lbs this month so well chuffed. Wendy says just another 11lbs to go. Its my birthday so off out for a meal. Jx Sooo Pleased

Have started on the pre op diet - oh my god what a nightmare!!!

Think because I can't have something I am now desperate for it - hope once the op takes place all these cravings will go away

weight.png

Have started on the pre op diet - oh my god what a nightmare!!!

Think because I can't have something I am now desperate for it - hope once the op takes place all these cravings will go away

weight.png

hi, you're not alone! I have started my pre op diet today too. So far I have been

so busy at work there was no time to feel hungry which is a good thing really. I think the

main reason why we eat a lot is that we are used to planning our days out starting with

what's for Breakfast then lunch then dinner then a snack in the evenings.

I try not to schedule my day around pre defined meal times but have them when I feel

hungry,it does work too. I bought some of those crisp bake things This evening and put some

marmite on it and To my suprise it was mmmmm yummy. Good luck on the D word! Paul

Folks,

For those of you starting your pre-op diets, my advice would be don't worry too much about it. The main thing is to cut out the fat, but I don't think you really need to restrict your quantities providing the food you eat isn't high fat.

I didn't stick to my pre-op diet well at all, I had no surgery complications but there was a comment on my notes to take back to the doctor that my liver was quite fatty (your liver rejuvenates itself very quickly, which is why you should be able to get rid of the fat in it within 2 weeks)

As for post op... 11 days out and I still do not have hunger at all. Amazing. I still crave stuff that I like, but half a bowl of Soup gets rid of my cravings no probs!

The only bad thing I've let slip back in, those crisp breads, with philidelphia on them.... lovely!! But I only have one a day, so I'm sure it's not going to kill me and one is enough!!

Bobo, AMAZING success, well done you!! What did you do to Celebrate? x

Hi just to let you all know Ive lost another 8lbs this month so well chuffed. Wendy says just another 11lbs to go. Its my birthday so off out for a meal. Jx Sooo Pleased

Wow well done!!! Don't be getting too thin on us now!!

Seriously, congratulations, loads of :)

Hi, can anyone tell me when I should have my stiich taken out, there is only one isn't there? I can't remember when they said.

I am eating some solids now as the liquids are not filling me. Sticking too mash potato's, Pasta and chewing things really well.

Have lost about 9lb since post op.:)

Banded 12th of Feb.

Hi Jean hun, how's it going? Are you back at work now?

Stitches - I went to see the nurse at my doctors surgery on Monday morning. She removed the one blue one for me, didin't hurt a bit. She also trimmed as much as she could off the dissolvable ones for me, but I'd already done most of them myself. I felt a bit unsecure (only way I can think of to describe it) afterwards, so put a plaster over each of the main wounds. That felt better. I take it off at night to get some fresh air to the wounds whilst I'm not moving around so much.

I don't think Friday is too long to wait, so long as it's not feeling tight and uncomfortable.

Love to you both. xx

Hi Jojo,

Back at work since Monday but feeling quite tired and having early nights. When are you planning your first fill ?. I'm booked in for Manchester on April 8th, March one seemed a bit to soon. Does anyone know if the Manchester venue is just a hotel room?

Love Jeanie

Just a quick question for the more experienced bandsters. I am now thinking about just after the band has been fitted what were you drinking for food? Also I read a lot of the Protein Drinks, mostly from American bandsters, where would I get this in England and at what stage should I be introducing them. Getting excited and gearing up to my challenge. Thanks for any replies, Susan

Hey Bobo congrats just seen ur post havnt been on in ages ur looking fab bet ur all excited and more determined than ever to get that half stone off im so happy for ya...

I got lazy there for a while hadnt moved in ages but something has clicked in my head and im back on track feel determined again to lose 2more stone just like i was in the beginning which im thrilled about i didnt think id ever get myself back in that frame of mind but well done mate x

Hey Bobo congrats just seen ur post havnt been on in ages ur looking fab bet ur all excited and more determined than ever to get that half stone off im so happy for ya...

I got lazy there for a while hadnt moved in ages but something has clicked in my head and im back on track feel determined again to lose 2more stone just like i was in the beginning which im thrilled about i didnt think id ever get myself back in that frame of mind but well done mate x

hi flirty

nice to hear from you, hope ur well.

gx

Hi Jojo,

Back at work since Monday but feeling quite tired and having early nights. When are you planning your first fill ?. I'm booked in for Manchester on April 8th, March one seemed a bit to soon. Does anyone know if the Manchester venue is just a hotel room?

Love Jeanie

Jean,

I'm still getting quite tired too, but the pain is easing by the day and I already feel like I have a bit more energy.

I'm thinking of going to the March one if I'm honest. I've started to want real food again for the last couple of days. Can't eat very much yet but I reckon in the next few days the restriction from the swelling will have totally gone. I don't fancy waiting another 6 weeks for a fill! I don't want to lose the momentum. x