Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Sorry that didnt work for you fatpants. My daughter and her friend who were banded in 2004 and have both got to their target weight swear by it. Of course anythings worth a try when you are so uncomfortable, what works for some doesnt for others.

If you still feel as if somethings stuck, could it be the actual restriction?

Hi Carriejess, Very informative and helpfull thank you:wink2: Am three and a bit (15th Jan) weeks post op now and have lost nearly 1 stone really quickly almost one pound a day but have lost nothing in the last four days as I can eat what I want so have been naughty:mad: still at least I haven't put on any. I would like to be in control of food and not have food be the center of my life. I would also like to loose more weight before I get my fill on 26th but I know it's going to be hard going from now till then as having no restriction means self control which I have very little of when it comes to food. Going to Wales for a fill, they are only there once a month so I can't go before. Ah well what will be will be. You are a great inspiration to us all.

Hi Baarb I'm in Newport on the 26th 12.00 noon, if your there around that time make yourself known I'm 5'2" blonde, early 50's.

I see youve apologised TIN and I hope the people youve offended can accept it, it does take bottle to admit you were wrong. everyone deserves a second chance. Jx

Second chance it is then, apology accepted mmmxxx

Loads of helpful info and tips over the last few days since I was on. 4 days to go now until the start of my new life :)

Jean, I might not get chance to get on again before Thursday, so I'll text or phone you when we get to Manchester airport and see if you are there.

Thanks Homecare and Big Sis for your re-assurances, I guess we are all different and restriction will come for me eventually but I will have to be patient for a bit longer !! Hope your problems get sorted soon Homecare and Fat Pants, it sounds pretty uncomfortable being where you are and I should be greatful that I can eat what I like for a bit longer, lol.

CarrieJess, you hit the nail on the head, a really good post. 5cc-8cc is probably spot on, I just hope that my next fill gets me to restriction !!

TIN - well done for swallowing your pride and keep up the good work with your band !!

STARSKY xx

Hi Freckles,

I tried the lemonade, and as you said it was very painful, so much so that I had to make myself sick, the lemonade is all that came out though! Anything is worth trying.

Take care

Fatpants:thumbup:

Ahh honey i feel bad for you, having a slight defill is better than sleeping in the upright position for ages, i'm sure that Freckles will agree with me! xx

Loads of helpful info and tips over the last few days since I was on. 4 days to go now until the start of my new life :)

Jean, I might not get chance to get on again before Thursday, so I'll text or phone you when we get to Manchester airport and see if you are there.

Hi Jo

GOOD LUCK for thurs i will be thinkin of u and waiting with baited breath for an update, hope all goes well

Julie x

Little bit concerned folks hope someone can help. Had the band fitted on tuesday, was 17st 12lb when it was done am now 16st 13lb. Scars are healing well apart from the one on my left hand side, it has bruised up like hell and I can feel a hard lump in there. Gut feeling is this is the port and its bruised cos its sewn to muscle there's no pain just feels odd. Or am I totally wrong here and need to go docs advice apeciated folks.

Thank you x

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your message and putting my worry to bed! Feeling better again today and yesterday the Doc checked me out and all pleased.

Thanks

JB

Little bit concerned folks hope someone can help. Had the band fitted on tuesday, was 17st 12lb when it was done am now 16st 13lb. Scars are healing well apart from the one on my left hand side, it has bruised up like hell and I can feel a hard lump in there. Gut feeling is this is the port and its bruised cos its sewn to muscle there's no pain just feels odd. Or am I totally wrong here and need to go docs advice apeciated folks.

Thank you x

Is it really swollen, if its like a small bump its what I had, and ok, if it gets really large, grapefruit sized or larger its more like what Gary had, I'm sure he'll be on later to advise.

Cankster, am I right and your a guy, if so the op is different for guys and you get an extra cut/scar, I think Gary went to GP so he's the one to answer you.

Thank you x

Hi Cankster and well done on a fantastice weight loss already, don't expect it to continue at that rate (though we all wish it would!)

I'm almost certain the lump you feel is the port, it's about 3.5cm across and close to the largest scar on your left hand side. The tubing from the band comes through the muscle there and the port itself is stitched to the muscle to hold it in place. It will be sore and bruised for a while, especially until the stiches are removed.

If however, as said previously, it is much larger than that, becomes hot, red or more sore, please do visit your GP or practice nurse to get it checked for infection or haematoma (Mega bruise!)

Keep up the good work and be kind to your body and its band!

SP

Thank you x

Hiya

Ur not long out of surgery and as someone said carriejess or bobo i think the port can give you twinges for up to 6 weeks. if the hardness is around your port scar then this is probable just scar tissue or old blood, i had a huge hematoma size of a gratefruit which is a bleed inside which they never seen when i was closed up, this just feels like a ball of fat and i had to get it drained, as long as its not fiery to touch or inflamed like an infection i would say your just healing, we were all the same wondering what different feelings are nd thats why the support from all of us is so invaluable.

If you feel its getting worse see ur gp or A&E or just keep in touch no matter how trivial.

g

Hi Homecare,

Thanks for letting me know about your call to Wendy. Yesterday I only drank hot Water and hot water with stock cubes and that was fine. During the night I kept on waking feeling as if I were drowning with my mouth full of saliva. I was realy tired this morning so I went back to bed after the kids went to school, but i slept perched up on pillows, i didn't have the problem with saliva. today i have tried a cup of hot water a stock cube in hot water and a small cup of tea, I had bad pain with them all and so made myself sick. I have just had a dessert spoon of ice cream and I am now in pain.

I didn't think of taking a pain killer so I think I''l take some calpol... see what happens.

When is your defill? I was looking on Chris's website and I could go to Glasgow on the 19th. The thought of having another defill makes me quite upset, I was fine for two weeks, so why now? I don't know....

Take care

Fatpants :cursing:

Hi fatpants I know its frustrating and I was ok for first 11 days and then I ate something of the solid type food couldnt keep it down and bam was sick, this caused the swelling so now I have to stay on liquids until defil with Wendy on the 23rd of Feb.

Its only a matter of tweeking to get restriction right and it could only be the difference of a tear drop ful to make us more comfortable. Im going to Egypt for 8 days holiday on the first of march so I would probably have had to get a defil anyway.

Ive not been too bad since I went on to liquids but I have still been sick a couple of times with Soup. I have quite a heavy job and Wendy suggested liquid replacement meals but I hate them so I now have a couple of squares of Cadburys bubbly chocolate which goes down ok surprise surprise. I feel I need something to keep my energy levels up and as Im hardly eating anything anyway, wont make a habit of it. Hope your a bit better, just wish this reflux would go away so I can have a full nights sleep. Jx

Thanks Freckles, thats a relief I couldn't find Manchester on his list, had visions of travelling all over.

JoJo, see you in a couple of days, (yip ee). I will call you at the airport. It's comforting to Know that you'll be there and we can both support one another, we can have a good natter and compare notes. See you very soon, Jean x

Love this forum it's so reasuring to know there's always people to talk to for advice.:cursing:

Hi Baarbs,

I have stuck with Dr Chris's ream too, I had 3mls on the first fill, 2mls on the second and then had to have 1ml removed as after 2 days unable to swallow my own saliva. I was advised by the nurse doing the de-fill to drink at least 2 glasses of Water at the clinic just after the de-fill as if you have been over filled, you may not notice with just one glass of water. Hope thats helpful, my weight loss has been very slow though so whether or not they take that into account, I am not sure. Just to re-assure you, it is a really simple procedure which I barely felt.

best wishes

MiaBlue[/quote

Hi Baarbs and MiaBlue I also had 3 mls then 2 mls in South Wales. I have some restriction which seems to vary a little and will get another fill with Chris or Fred at end Feb or March depending on how the restriction goes. I drank two cups of water before leaving just to make sure as they only come once a month and its a long time to wait if anything is wrong!! :cursing: