Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

WOOP WOOP, gillian and bigsister!! Yay. Sorry if this sounds over familiar, you are probably thinking "who the hell is this nutter??"

You two kinda inspired me to go ahead with surgery and to go with Chris (booked in next friday) coz I started off on the other thread and read all your pre-op posts from last year. :thumbup:

So anyway, after that little over-reaction... thank you!!

p.s. Seems you'll be needing a bucket of cold Water there Garry, lmao. :smile2:

Hi All - what's been happening? Thought I'd logged onto either a sound off forum or a dating site for a minute there?!

Big hello to all newbies, especially you Jojo, it's nice to know our silliness interrupted with the odd bit of info and a few tips inspired you, we're very flattered!

And big hello to all the oldies, whatever anyone says, I think the mix of info, support and banter on this thread makes it something special and also the members who post on it. Long may it continue, don't change a thing.

Well, me & gillian have been for a fill today - the first appt we've had since beg Oct. I had put on 3lbs but could've been worse as I've been having pretty much what I fancied since Xmas/New Year - (bad example newbies) - but time to knuckle down once again and jump back on the wagon. Could have been 4 or 5 lbs on including clothes tho if I hadn't insisted on stripping off completely to be weighed at the clinic - think Steve was a bit alarmed tho (not to mention traumatised!)

Will check in again very soon

Take care everyone, Bigsis xx

Bigsis - I'm sure Steve loved it!

Nice to hear from you and to be FB buddies!

xx

Congrats Cankster and good luck Tracy!

Fab to hear fron you again big sister, I have also put on a bit but I no longer go into a terror if I put weight on like I used to, because its under control now.How much more are you looking to lose this year?

Well i did it, am now officially a bandster.

Arrived in brussels on eurostar on Monday evening, taxi driver from ecfs met me as planned and drove me to camponile hotel, nothing fancy just ur normal hotel.

Frederick then tuened up and discussed op with me and gave me papers to sign.

Arrived at hospital next morning admitted and give usual blood test, ecg etc. They shaved my belly, put stocking on me and popped a canular/drip in my hand.

Finally got wheeled down for Op about 1400 was in recovery for 3, little bit sore but not too bad, went back to room to sleep it off, was very hard not drinking but they gave me Water to rinse my mouth.

Nurses were fantatic whole way through with the exception of the one on nights last night. I pressed the alarm cos i needed loo and they had left sides of bed up so i couldnt get out, after an hour noone turned up so i managed to get out of bed and use loo, unfortunatly i collapsded in there ans cut my lip, must of been the general cos i was totally spaced out.

This morning i had another chat with de bruyne he told me all went well, gave me xray, no probs and then bcack to hotel, where i sit now before I catch eurostar tomorrow.

Thanks for all ut tips before i got here they all came in useful, been difficult doing it on my own but not impossible.

Will post again soon whenim not so sore :-)

Cankster

Well Cankster I think a BIG WELL DONE is in order for you my friend. I read your story and that was exactly the route I am taking on 9th March, with the exception of doin' my lip in lol, It inspired me to read the good things you said about the whole episode, and can't wait till it's finally my turn.

Best of luck with your new best friend...my turn soon:biggrin:

Hi All - what's been happening? Thought I'd logged onto either a sound off forum or a dating site for a minute there?!

Big hello to all newbies, especially you Jojo, it's nice to know our silliness interrupted with the odd bit of info and a few tips inspired you, we're very flattered!

And big hello to all the oldies, whatever anyone says, I think the mix of info, support and banter on this thread makes it something special and also the members who post on it. Long may it continue, don't change a thing.

Well, me & gillian have been for a fill today - the first appt we've had since beg Oct. I had put on 3lbs but could've been worse as I've been having pretty much what I fancied since Xmas/New Year - (bad example newbies) - but time to knuckle down once again and jump back on the wagon. Could have been 4 or 5 lbs on including clothes tho if I hadn't insisted on stripping off completely to be weighed at the clinic - think Steve was a bit alarmed tho (not to mention traumatised!)

Will check in again very soon

Take care everyone, Bigsis xx

hi big sister nice to hear from you, well done on only 3 pound, i too last had a fill end of sep but ive had tight restric up till jan, but sure i prob put on more than 3 pound, need a fill, 32 weeks till hes here tho.

gx

That's brilliant both of you!

I know exactly what you mean Carrie, I'm probably differently proportioned to you though, my main gripe at the moment is the leg size of pants. If they fit my waist they look like clown pants. I can get hold of great big handfuls of material around my thighs and calves and bum... I want to wear pants that fit properly all the way down (skinny legs look ridiculous on this body!)

Bra sizes, used to love being a 34D, hating the 40F, with the band squidging in between my back fat :thumbup: dreaming of the day all will be smooth!!! (ish). Just hoping for not too much excess skin.

Hi JO and all

im glad u asked about the munchin like crazy lol mines not till april and i cant stop eatin, thought it was just me, i must say to the negative comments that have been made by persons who dont deserve to be named, that the support i recieved from everyone with regards to researching and deciding to have the op has been fantastic and everyone has helped me so much with advice and tips that it made my decision so much easier and i know that the good and bad points of banding left me knowing exactly what i was letting myself in for, so all who have helped me and countless others keep up the good work .

And Jo good luck with ur op i look forward to hearin of ur progress I cant wait to be joining all u bandsters.

julie x

Tracy, GOOD LUCK!!! All the best hun, though I'm sure you'll be fine. Speak to you soon as a bandster!! :thumbup:

Cankster, well done, I bet you are relieved it's all over eh? Shame about your fall, but it's good to hear the rest of it was a good experience (nerves are getting to me now!)

Bigsis, you made me giggle so much with all your daft posts, along with Gillian's in January last year, and you two also directed me to this thread which I'm very grateful for.

Julie, I'll be sure to keep you posted hun, just a shame we aren't going at the same time. I know you'd be there with me next week if you could. And damn right what you said about people not even being worth a mention hun.

Woot, so glad you dropped in Big Sis, missed you and Gillian like mad. You always made me chuckle with your banter.

Thats not bad putting on 3lbs, good luck with your new start/continuation. Thats what I love about my band, I know if I put a few pounds on I can get it off.

I have been a bit naughty, a sweet friend (sorry for the pun) bought me one of those little chocolate fountaIN thingys for xmas, how cruel, I love it, and have ate so much chocolate its a wonder I havent put weight on. But because I cant eat much at any meal I have been scoffing the melted choc, with marshmallows...I know my bad.

But I am silly cos I'm still the same weight as I was when I came back from my trip in November.

With xmas I just havent tried, but I will soon.

Good luck Tracey xxxx

Poor you Cankster, what prats.... not answering your bell, and causing you to fall.

I would have screamed the place down, that is unforgivable.

Maybe worth while mentioning it to Dr Chris or Freddyboy.

Take care , everyone . xxx

Cheers for all you kind comments folks, bit more without today so though i would jot down some tips for those that come after me.

When Frederick Comes to you room buy air freshener cos the bugger farts at the drop of a hat.

There is free wireless internet at Campomile hotel, usename camp, password 2009.

Night before you got to hospital the hotel does nice food expect to pay 23 - 33 euro for 3 course meal.

They automatically gave me a twin room i asked nice and got a double, big bed is best when your sore.

You get private room in Hospital which has lockable valubles cuboard and a wardrobe. Room also has telly, radio and hand controls. The bathroom in not too good just a toilet and a sink, if you decide to have a good wash bring a plug because they dont have them for hygiene reasons.

When you first got to hospital you need to check in, you go in hospital at front and take first right to check in, there is a machine with 5 buttons press the top button, take the number wait to be called and check in.

If your a bloke or a female gibbon shave your tummy before you, i didnt and had a nurse do it but she uses no foam and cheap razor and it itches like mad afterwards.

Hope all this helps someone, I will add more if I remember anything else.

Some questions from Me, So soon after am I allowed black coffee i sooooooo miss my coffee ????

Also am allowed to make the girlfriend dress up as a sexy nurse, she says bugger off your ill i say it is my right, your views ?? ;-)

In reply to my fall i did mention it to Dr Chris and he said "this is not acceptable" and went off to sort them out so hopefully this will not happen to others.

Edited by cankster
missed a bit

Cheers for all you kind comments folks, bit more without today so though i would jot down some tips for those that come after me.

When Frederick Comes to you room buy air freshener cos the bugger farts at the drop of a hat.

There is free wireless internet at Campomile hotel, usename camp, password 2009.

Night before you got to hospital the hotel does nice food expect to pay 23 - 33 euro for 3 course meal.

They automatically gave me a twin room i asked nice and got a double, big bed is best when your sore.

You get private room in Hospital which has lockable valubles cuboard and a wardrobe. Room also has telly, radio and hand controls. The bathroom in not too good just a toilet and a sink, if you decide to have a good wash bring a plug because they dont have them for hygiene reasons.

When you first got to hospital you need to check in, you go in hospital at front and take first right to check in, there is a machine with 5 buttons press the top button, take the number wait to be called and check in.

If your a bloke or a female gibbon shave your tummy before you, i didnt and had a nurse do it but she uses no foam and cheap razor and it itches like mad afterwards.

Hope all this helps someone, I will add more if I remember anything else.

Some questions from Me, So soon after am I allowed black coffee i sooooooo miss my coffee ????

Also am allowed to make the girlfriend dress up as a sexy nurse, she says bugger off your ill i say it is my right, your views ?? ;-)

In reply to my fall i did mention it to Dr Chris and he said "this is not acceptable" and went off to sort them out so hopefully this will not happen to others.

good informtive post.

morning all

i have a question for those banded longer than me.

Who has went to see dr chris for the annual xray check up, was this at his house or the hospital and did you have to stay overnight, was there a charge.

Cheers

g

Bigsis - I'm sure Steve loved it!

Nice to hear from you and to be FB buddies!

xx

Hmmm, not sure about him loving it CJ - the screams and his quick exit painted a bit of a different picture! And I am in court next week after his police complaint!

You're looking so good btw, Bigsis xx

Well my my how things have speeded up on here that brought a bit of spice to the forum the last few pages lol.Good to see you back on Gillian wheres the other half big sis.?How are yous getting on?

By god Gary you wont be able to get your head out the door with all these compliments your getting.Your going to need a new engine in your car with all the miles your going to do with all these women fighting over you. hahahahhaha

Good to see a new batch of bandsters on the forum .Good luck to all you newbies who have there ops coming up soon you wont regret it .

And well done shoes on that weight loss 7 and a half stone since march thats brill.

Hey Bobo, you're looking really good. You have done so well - how are the wedding plans coming along? Have you decided which one of you will be wearing the frock yet (seem to remember a womens jeans wearing incident!) Have got you on FB now, Bigsis x

Fab to hear fron you again big sister, I have also put on a bit but I no longer go into a terror if I put weight on like I used to, because its under control now.How much more are you looking to lose this year?

Hi Mmm. Need to lose about 1st 7lbs really to get within normal BMI range. Would love to shed another 2st ideally but not going to put pressure on myself to do that as it has been really hard going, especially the last 6 months. I know I should be stepping up on the exercise front but am sure I have serious allergy to it and it may prove fatal for me?! It's not worth the risk is it?! Seriously tho, may have to resort to drastic measures of physical jerks to get more off! (But not while weather is bad....) Hope you're doing well, Bigsis xx