Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks all for the comments

Homecare i like you have felt down with the band during my jounery .Its realy frustrating when you have been realy good and the scales dont seem to be moving.But if you stick with it they will shift in the right direction.

Hi flirty good to see you back on the forum.Ye i cant belive its been a year.Good to hear everthings ok with you now.Dont you worry you will have an invitation to the big day.I know you like a party.lol

Hey Bobo The forum has got damm quiet and yeah i sure like a party maybe you'd invite a few single men get me set up im 26 and single starting to panic now dont wana be left on the shelf lol

Anyone know when Fred is in Dublin next for fills i know he used come first thurs in the month which would be next thurs just wana double check as he never replied to my email

Ye flirty it has been quiet.A good looking skinny irish girl wont be left on the shelf for too long.Ye we will see if we can set you up with a scotsman.lol

WELL DONE BOBO !!!

I haven't been on for a while but I am still reading the posts. How wonderful for you to feel this GOOD ! Its great news, you got the life you've always wanted...I hope I feel the same way in 12months. It really does give us all inspiration and the will power to believe we can reach our goals too.

I'm going for my first fill tomoro in Cardiff. I can't wait cus I've stayed the same since my op (18lbs off) and I'm desperate to get some more weight off. It made me feel comforted that you didnt get stuck in until 7months into your band, perhaps I'm wanting it all to happen too quickly, huh !

I went on my first date last night, which made me feel really good, as he has apparently liked me for ages but has only been single 7months himself and has seen my weight go up and down for the past 5yrs. I guess he likes me for me ??? I'll keep you posted on the progress. :scared2:

Sue x

Hey Bobo a good scotsman would be much appreciated lol i think im just having a prob with irishmen lol and if im left with them i defo will be left on the shelf lol i dont think losing weight has made the men situation any easier lol

Yo Bobo - Loved your posts and Congratulations!

Flirty - Nice to see you back!

Hi Everyone,

Just back from my holiday and thought I should share my "flying with a band experience"

Well before going I was worried that the band might 'tighten' due to the pressure of the cabin. I was due a fill so enquired to Chris, he suggested I have an 'unfill' and confirmed that the band may well 'restrict' due to cabin pressure. After reading up on here and a lot of thought I decided not to get a fill just incase the band did get tighter, but decided against the unfill as I was due a fill anyway, did that all make sense...... Anyway 2 x 2 hour flights (each way) and no further restriction, the band remained the same. We were on full board, so of coarse being Scottish wanted to get my moneys worth! Well I was quite good, coffee and yoghurt for Breakfast, a savoury plateful and of course dessert, usually a full plate of a taste of everything! and for dinner a bowl of Soup, a smaller savoury plate, and again dessert! I was really worried I had put on loads of weight and couldn't wait to weigh myself on my return home.... 1 kilo! I am delighted, as I didn't feel I missed out or restricted myself at all.

I am going to book my next fill for next time their in Edinburgh. I need to loose another 10 kilos before I can get a Tummy Tuck.

Take care everyone!

Fatpants:thumbup:

WELL DONE BOBO !!!

I haven't been on for a while but I am still reading the posts. How wonderful for you to feel this GOOD ! Its great news, you got the life you've always wanted...I hope I feel the same way in 12months. It really does give us all inspiration and the will power to believe we can reach our goals too.

I'm going for my first fill tomoro in Cardiff. I can't wait cus I've stayed the same since my op (18lbs off) and I'm desperate to get some more weight off. It made me feel comforted that you didnt get stuck in until 7months into your band, perhaps I'm wanting it all to happen too quickly, huh !

I went on my first date last night, which made me feel really good, as he has apparently liked me for ages but has only been single 7months himself and has seen my weight go up and down for the past 5yrs. I guess he likes me for me ??? I'll keep you posted on the progress. :scared2:

Sue x

I starsky I'm in Cardiff tomorrow morning at 10.45, if you see me make yourself known.

I'm the 50's blonde possibly with daughter and new baby

Hi all I thought I would post today as this is my bandaversity.Yep one year ago today I was lying on a slab getting my insides poked about by dr chris de bruyne.Weighing in at 23st 2lb (324lb).As of today I am now weighing in at 16st (224lb).So 100lb in one year to the day I could not have asked for any more.The journey has not been easy but well worth it .I did not realy get restriction untill 7-8 months after I had the op so a lot if it was will power and dieting.

Before I had the op I weighed up the options of me not having surgery to having it .The positives were out numbering the negatives what was the worst that could happen. I could die on the operating table or I could die with the excess weight I was carrying or with all the problems you have with being obese.

Some of the things that have changed In my life since I have lost the weight have pleased me .I can now go to the swimming with my kids which I never done when I was at my heaviest as I was too embarrassed .

I am also able to fit in the seats on roller coasters now where a year ago I would never have even tried .Im now like a big kid when we go to the fun fair.We have even booked up for orlando for next june due to the weight loss.Im also able to take the kids round the the park on the bikes which they love.They have a new dad now which is one of the reasons I had the op .I don’t want my children’s lives to pass me by with me not being able to do things normal dads do.

I have also set a date for my wedding which I would not have done if I had not lost the weight.Its only taken me 8 years to set the date lol.

I have lost at least 10 inches from my waist 12 inches from my chest and 3 inches from my neck.So the only negative is I have had to buy a full new wardrobe of clothes.

Although I have not lost all the weight I want too if I had to stay at this weight I would be quite happy.The last time I was at this weight I was 16 years of age.

So for anyone thinking of getting the band done or is just starting the journey I would say it can be done go for it.

I have been using this site for a year now and it has given me so much inspiration reading other peoples success story and looking at the before and after photos really spurned me on .

I only hope my story can inspire someone thinking of getting the band that it can change your life round and all for the better.

Bobo

Inspirational bobo, a great post for all those having a hard time, it does get better, well done. I can add to that as since my band problem has been fixed and I have proper restriction my weight is faling off, i have shed 2 stone in as many months so like you it has taken 7 months from op date to get to a point where its actually working, so i am chuffed to bits.

G

Hey Bobo a good scotsman would be much appreciated lol i think im just having a prob with irishmen lol and if im left with them i defo will be left on the shelf lol i dont think losing weight has made the men situation any easier lol

eh hello have you forgot about me young lady!!!!!!!!

gx:angry:

Cheers mate .Im glad its working for you too .You know yourself it will start too pay off if you perservere.

Dont worry gaz there will be an invite for you .Im sure you could show flirty what a scotsmans like.lol

Cheers mate .Im glad its working for you too .You know yourself it will start too pay off if you perservere.

Dont worry gaz there will be an invite for you .Im sure you could show flirty what a scotsmans like.lol

]

Good good will look forward to that, all skinny b's together.

Can anyone help me

I was banded 8th Sept 09 Stuck to the usual ie liquids then mushies, I had my first fill thursday 29th Oct by Dr Chris. I am so worried as yet I have not lost any weight apart from the seven pounds Which was at the begining.

Can anyone tell me if this has happend to them as I am begining to think this has all been a waste of time. I was so exited at the thought of the weight leaving me for good and now I am just doing the strict weight watchers diet to try and help things along. Look forward to hearing some good news from someone

Thanks eveyone

Sheila