Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi everyone,

Freckles: the nursery looks beautiful it really does look amazin you must be so proud. Good luck with the new arrival. hope everythin goes well for your family. :D

I was wondering what Multi Vitamins every1 takes as the only good ones I can find is from holland and barrat and there massive. They also smell really bad and i dont fancy crushin them.

Thanks

SJS x

Being Banded on 1st Sep ( only 11 days) :lol::smile::w00t:

hi SJS. i used the bassets soft and chewy multivit blackcurrant gums..just get em from supermarket or superdrug..also i used the Vitamin b drops from holland and barret, they are good for hair and nails.

Freckles, the nursery is lovely!..fit for a pink princess, good job done!

anitahugs, what mmm says is right,its been same for me too.

bobo, youve done brill,your photos are brill..what a guy, be proud!

morning everyone else..hope your all well!

Gillian x

Hi sjs i take boots orange flavoured chewable multi vitamins.. they are in a silver bottle with a pink and red label, good luck x

Freckles the nursery looks beautiful x

My daughter got engaged over the weekend so i threw them a surprise party last night, i was very good and only had fruit.. i think i was to busy making sure everyone else was ok x

Hi Freckles ...........The nursery is wonderful, how lucky this little girl is going to be. My son was born on the 26th August so they will share a birthday, albeit 25 years apart!!!

Thanks for the good wishes I feel fine today. Had a weight watchers fish pie for tea last night without any problems afterwards.

Take Care

Jackie

Thanx girlies for your nice comments about the baby's room.

Wishfull how nice was that giving them a party, and werent you good!!!

Maggs you are so right about the steady weightloss, I have sagging skin everywhere :D.

Jackie thats a coincidence isnt it lol, with the birthdate.

Bobo, your pics are great, you have done so well.!!!!

Edited by Freckles

Thanks mmm, bigsister I really appreciate ur comments. Others that went same time as me seem to have had great losses I understand it's according to starting bmi. It's just I am depending so much on this working for me after going through op and spending that amount of money. I'm sure others will understand that money could have paid for family holiday etc.....

Freckles - what a lucky little girl the room is lovely !!

Can't remember who mentioned - Psychological effect of rapid weightloss is we still see ourselves as being heavier still buying baggy clothes etc, gradually u will be able to accept compliments - When I had weightloss 2yrs ago the girls in work were forever telling me how good I looked and admiring clothes etc I didn't realise but I always replied putting myself down until a good friend took me aside and said what I was doing. I then started saying "thank u I really appreciate that" and eventually I did start to believe them . Unfortunately it's the old story I piled it all back on.

Thanks mmm, bigsister I really appreciate ur comments. Others that went same time as me seem to have had great losses I understand it's according to starting bmi. It's just I am depending so much on this working for me after going through op and spending that amount of money. I'm sure others will understand that money could have paid for family holiday etc.....

Freckles - what a lucky little girl the room is lovely !!

Can't remember who mentioned - Psychological effect of rapid weightloss is we still see ourselves as being heavier still buying baggy clothes etc, gradually u will be able to accept compliments - When I had weightloss 2yrs ago the girls in work were forever telling me how good I looked and admiring clothes etc I didn't realise but I always replied putting myself down until a good friend took me aside and said what I was doing. I then started saying "thank u I really appreciate that" and eventually I did start to believe them . Unfortunately it's the old story I piled it all back on.

Hi Anitahug. I understand totally about others having good losses while you're struggling. Some people who were banded in July have already had as good a loss as my total of 2.5 stones since January and it is disheartening and can be hard to feel motivated on 'off days'. I feel especially frustrated when my sister and I go for a weigh in/fill and she has lost 4-6lbs while scoffing all sorts of 'treats' while I have been denying myself and not lost anything (yes, you listening Gillian?!). But even so, I don't regret having band done as I know for sure I would not have lost what I have so far without it, even if mine is a bit of a slacker at times! You are very early days yet too so don't go feeling too down, it's great once you get that bit of restriction and get some good results. It will happen but it's hard waiting isn't it? And I think we all consider what the money could have bought but in the end what price on happiness and health? There will be more family holidays - with a happier, healthier and more confident mum/wife and that is priceless! Keep your chin up patiently while you are waiting for your good results, which will come, promise. Take care, Bigsis x

Hi everyone, just a quick update, I've joined the wls group 6 months package and I had my first appointment Monday morning, Wendy is delightfull, and very much like Chris Deprez in her manner and approach. I had a total defill, she found 6ml from my total fill value of 6.66, so I've lost a bit somewhere, apparently this is quite usual. She then added .25 taking me to 6.25ml.

We discussed the night reflux and she said it was only that I was making too much gastric juices and asked me to get 1 months supply of OMEPRAZOLE 20mg from my GP, and that is will settle down within 3 days. I have now started these but dont yet know if it'll work because I'm still on fluids.

Just a quick question to WLS friends, how long does Wendy suggest we stay on fluids before going onto mushies, we did'nt discuss it.

Hi Mmm/twinnie - we really do like to do things the same don't we? Wendy told me at last appt to get exactly the same prescription from my GP, my problem doesn't seem to happen at night tho, it's more in the morning when my stomach is empty. Glad you liked Wendy, me & Gillian are her biggest fans (but love winding her up)! Love Bigsis xx

Thanx girlies for your nice comments about the baby's room.

Wishfull how nice was that giving them a party, and werent you good!!!

Maggs you are so right about the steady weightloss, I have sagging skin everywhere :D.

Jackie thats a coincidence isnt it lol, with the birthdate.

Bobo, your pics are great, you have done so well.!!!!

Freckles - fantastic room, fit for a royal baby! They have done such a great job, mine were lucky if the cot had been assembled by the time they were 3 months old!

Bobo - seen your photos and can't believe you have any more to lose, you just look regular size guy now. So pleased for you having such great results, you must be truly thrilled and feeling so confident, well done.

Bigsis xx

Thanks Gillian freckles and big sister for the comments.

I'm starting to feel like a "Normal" size person now big sister.I relay is great going in to shops and not having to go to the back of the rails for clothes.I still have about two stone to get to my first target off 15 ST

You have done great to have lost 2 ST 7lb i know it is frustrating when its not coming off as fast as you would like but as long as its coming off thats a plus.

I have been sticking to a very high Protein diet since been banded just like the Atkins diet but not as strict have you tried that before .?

I find if if i look at carbs the wrong way i put on weight .lol

So i tend to stay clear of them and have them as a treat when i have a wee swally.

I know it does not work for every one and alot of people cant do it but for me i love my meat so its no problem

Maybe giving it a try will speed up the weight loss.?

Thanks Gillian freckles and big sister for the comments.

I'm starting to feel like a "Normal" size person now big sister.I relay is great going in to shops and not having to go to the back of the rails for clothes.I still have about two stone to get to my first target off 15 ST

You have done great to have lost 2 ST 7lb i know it is frustrating when its not coming off as fast as you would like but as long as its coming off thats a plus.

I have been sticking to a very high Protein diet since been banded just like the Atkins diet but not as strict have you tried that before .?

I find if if i look at carbs the wrong way i put on weight .lol

So i tend to stay clear of them and have them as a treat when i have a wee swally.

I know it does not work for every one and alot of people cant do it but for me i love my meat so its no problem

Maybe giving it a try will speed up the weight loss.?

Hi Bobo, funny you should mention it cos I have just started to do something along those lines now, having protein for every meal inc Breakfast. I just need to have Cereal twice a week when I am in the office for ease/convenience but its not that often and maybe once every week or two will have a tuna Pasta bake but not too bothered about having much pasta anyway. But as you say, as long as it's not going back on. My first target is 1st 4lbs away but you don't look as if you could stand another 2st off let alone it being your 1st target! You have had an average weekly loss of about 2lbs I think - I would be absolutely over the moon to achieve that! Thank you for your tips and am definitely going to try it, take care, Bigsis x

ps What's a 'swally'?!

Hey guys!

I totally agree with Bobo! Since my last fill (last tuesday) I have stuck to high Protein diet and the scales are moving every day! I only have a few carbs on weekends! I thought this would be hard on me as I love my carbs but find i'm loving it!! Plus what ever my body doesn't need it gets rid of where as with carbs it just stores it as fat! It also fills me up for longer!!!!!

Ye you should give it a try maybe something different will get it moving .Like odge said it also fills me up for alot longer and in turn i dont eat as much.

A swally is Glasgow slang for a large refreshing drink of alcoholic beverage.

I also agree the high Protein diet is a must for shifting fat, like Wendy says you are full for longer.

Just wish I could eat more of it.

good luck everyone who is going to try, it does work!!!

Hey guys!

I totally agree with Bobo! Since my last fill (last tuesday) I have stuck to high Protein diet and the scales are moving every day! I only have a few carbs on weekends! I thought this would be hard on me as I love my carbs but find i'm loving it!! Plus what ever my body doesn't need it gets rid of where as with carbs it just stores it as fat! It also fills me up for longer!!!!!

Thanks for posting your success with this also Odge. Glad it's working for you and hoping it will for me too, have only started doing it today but I have felt so full too - so surely you can't have weight loss as well?! Will report back with my findings when I next get weighed (no scales at home), Bigsis x

Ye you should give it a try maybe something different will get it moving .Like odge said it also fills me up for alot longer and in turn i dont eat as much.

A swally is Glasgow slang for a large refreshing drink of alcoholic beverage.

Like a pint of vodka & coke? Lovin the swallys/swallies.....Bigsis x

ps Are swallys in the Protein group?