Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Lischa Hi how are you doing? I can see you are doing really well delighted for you! I have lost 2 stone so far, feeling great and trying to get into exercise myself, swimming and walking. Have also ordered myself a pair of roller skates so if you never see me on here again you know I have had a freak accident while out roller blading in the park!!!! I have not heard from any of the others but will drop them a line and see how all the july 7 bandits are doing. Well done girl hope to hear from you soon xx

Hello everyone its hard to beleive I am now 6 weeks post Op feels like a life time ago since arriving in Belgium with Anitahug sitting on a bench in the town saying what the hell are we doing!!!

I felt the recovery was easier than the time waiting to go for the Op!! I just toke my time and did everything I was told ny fred and chris, which being a bit of a rebel is not like me. But they are right.

Up until about 4 weeks post Op I was so tired all the time I was starting a week of night duty and was worried about how I would manage but got through it just fine and feel back to myself now.

I spent last week in Nottingham and London. Which was a bit of a boozy week though I am now such a light weight stuck to wine and only needed 2 glasses before I was drunk!!!

But its not a bad thing because now I dont get the really bad hangovers I used too.

food wise I was quite naughty but only had small amounts of bad food and have manged to stay the same weight.

On to the dreaded exercise I have been doing little bits and know I need to do more I think the trick is to find something you enjoy and stick to that so walking and aqua aerobics for me and doing a few sit ups and that at home.

So far am down 2 stone fitting into a size 16 top and a 18-20 bottoms so am happy with the progress so far!!!

Great to see everyone is doing well!!!!!

Hi Every1:thumbup:,

Carriejess: thanks 4 th tips!!

Seen on th other threads that post op u hav 2 inject yourself after th op to prevent blod clottin. Can any1 tel me any info about this??? I am wantin 2 no wat it is and do i av 2 sort this out myself wen i gt bak home after surgery.

Also, I am havin op on th tues and i am supposed 2 b at a weddin on th sun. Do u think i will be up 2 this or is it 2 much to soon do u think???

How long has it took every1 else 2 recover I no every1 is different bt i hav a tendency nt 2 fully lt my self recover and like 2 b kept busy. I no i am gonna hav to take it easy!!

bye 4 nw

SJS x

Hi SJS

When you leave the hospital they give you some painkillers, anti sickness tablets and the injections. you have to tave 5 days of injections. The nurses show you what to do, They dont hurt at all and I have to say I dont like needles and never thought I would be able to do them myself but it was fine...........As for the wedding you will still be sore mainly from the port wound, but if you take it easy and dont hog the dance floor you'll b ok:rolleyes2:. How are you going to manage to not eat anything, because you will still be on liquids only? I was bande on the 7th August about 10 days ago and now I feel great.

Hope this answers you questions

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

I no it sound daft bt i was plannin on takin a flask of bovril as i luv this the most and stickin to ice Water at th reception. I feel guilty if i dont go as it's a close friend and nobody knows apart from my partner and mam that im havin the surgery. I'm plannin on tellin my freinds after the weddin bt dont want them 2 worry as they al hav so much 2 worry about at th min!!!

As for th questions i'll gt asked when i wip my flask out and they see i'm nt eatin n drinkin alcohol. I suppose I'll hav to tell a few white lies and say i'm feelin a little under th weather....

The weddin is at 12.30 and its about an hours drive from where I live so I'm just gonna take it easy and hope to stay as long as i can bt i'm nt goin to be stupid. I'm gonna come home as soon as i start to feel tired, as i really dont want 2 over do it.

Thanks 4 reply

SJS x

Being Banded on 1st September :)

Hi Every1:thumbup:,

Carriejess: thanks 4 th tips!!

Seen on th other threads that post op u hav 2 inject yourself after th op to prevent blod clottin. Can any1 tel me any info about this??? I am wantin 2 no wat it is and do i av 2 sort this out myself wen i gt bak home after surgery.[/FON

Also, I am havin op on th tues and i am supposed 2 b at a weddin on th sun. Do u think i will be up 2 this or is it 2 much to soon do u think???

How long has it took every1 else 2 recover I no every1 is different bt i hav a tendency nt 2 fully lt my self recover and like 2 b kept busy. I no i am gonna hav to take it easy!!

bye 4 nw

SJS x[/quote

Hi.... Yes there are abt 5 injections u self administer daily.... Am totally scared of needles, but managed them wit absolutely no probs.... Honest....

Re ur wedding, everyone is different, but as long as ur not being chucked abt and u can avoid solid food, u cd defo get ur night out... I wd have managed but u do have to apply a wee bit common sense...take each day as it comes and listen to ur body.... :hurray:

When r u being banded? Let us kno how u get on :) x

Hi Shellangel,

Thanks for the advice, it's good to listen to people who have experienced it before. I am being banded on 1st sep (12 days YIPEEE!!!:biggrin:) as u can tel I've started the count down. I'm so lookin 4ward to gettin the surgery. I'm soo desperate to lose weight and after trying every diet goin and gettin larger and larger over the years I'm positive this is right for me.

Thank you every1 for all your help its nice speakin to people who have experienced this before as I am really nervous as i have never had an operation before and dont really no wat 2 expect.

Is there anyone else bein banded on th 1st sep???:sad:

Thanks

SJS x

Being Banded 1st Sep

hi everyone hope all is well with you??

well i had my first fill with wendy last tuesday and not made much difference as i expected anyway.

however since start of this week been really,really hungry craving the bad things and finding it difficult to stay on the straight and narrow re my food choices!:sad:

funny thing is still losing approx 2 pounds per week:smile2:

has anyone else experienced this and if so does it pass again??

TIN:thumbup:

Hi everyone, just a quick update, I've joined the wls group 6 months package and I had my first appointment Monday morning, Wendy is delightfull, and very much like Chris Deprez in her manner and approach. I had a total defill, she found 6ml from my total fill value of 6.66, so I've lost a bit somewhere, apparently this is quite usual. She then added .25 taking me to 6.25ml.

We discussed the night reflux and she said it was only that I was making too much gastric juices and asked me to get 1 months supply of OMEPRAZOLE 20mg from my GP, and that is will settle down within 3 days. I have now started these but dont yet know if it'll work because I'm still on fluids.

Just a quick question to WLS friends, how long does Wendy suggest we stay on fluids before going onto mushies, we did'nt discuss it.

Hi Everyone

Westie thats great about still losing pounds without having restriction, long may it continue!

mmm - thanks for the tip, i may go and see my gp as i have been sufferinig from acid reflux lately..

SJS - i agree i think you will be OK at the wedding just take it easy and go early if you are feeling tired.

x

Hi

Clara ur weightloss is fantastic I'm really jealous, I have only lost a few pounds (bit concerned) was it like this for anyone else ?

That day we spent crawled by, in sleepy Vilvoorde... well we can laugh about it now. I've been out several nights walking which I love I think it clears ur head.

SJS I was banded on a Tues and was out brushing up garden on Sun' ( I would NOT recommend this !!) but as others have said u know ur bodies capabilities best, take it easy and you should be fine.

mmm omeprazole (prilosec) is ppi medicine it is very effective for acid reflux and it should take effect fairly quickly - if it doesn't, go back to Dr you don't have to live with this discomfort, it's not good to let severe reflux go on.

I thought I'd share these pics of the new baby's nursery, she will be born on wednesday 26th August. I hope the scans are correct lol.

babyroom1111.jpg

20090818_3.jpg

babyroom22.jpg

babyroom11111.jpg

babyroom111111.jpg

I think Rachel and Matthew have done a wonderful job on their spare room. I have had 4 babies and was never as lucky to have the money or time to spend on a beautiful nursery like theirs, fit for a princess isnt it lol.

Clara well done you girl!!! You have lost as much as I have but in such a short time. Great news.

Jackie, poor you hunny, you have my sympathy, I know what its like when the damn band (well symptoms of) keep you awake.

We learn from our bands every single day.

Hi

Clara ur weightloss is fantastic I'm really jealous, I have only lost a few pounds (bit concerned) was it like this for anyone else ?

That day we spent crawled by, in sleepy Vilvoorde... well we can laugh about it now. I've been out several nights walking which I love I think it clears ur head.

SJS I was banded on a Tues and was out brushing up garden on Sun' ( I would NOT recommend this !!) but as others have said u know ur bodies capabilities best, take it easy and you should be fine.

mmm omeprazole (prilosec) is ppi medicine it is very effective for acid reflux and it should take effect fairly quickly - if it doesn't, go back to Dr you don't have to live with this discomfort, it's not good to let severe reflux go on.

Hi Anitahugs,

thanks for the info on the medication, I was also a slow starter together with big sister when it came to weightloss and it only really started after my third fill which gave me a good amount of restriction. The lower the starting bmi the more difficult and slower it seems to be but as promised on the literature Dr Chris gives out I have lost 50% of my excess weight in 6 months, or quite close to it, I wanted it quicker like everyone else, but it just takes time.One of the advantages is that your skin does'nt sag as much and you have time mentally to adjust to your changing shape, and to other peoples reactions about the weight loss.

Although I am an outwardgoing type of person I dont like drawing attention to myself, and weightloss does just that, so my stumbling blocks have been, genuine hunger when I dont have restriction combined with the need to hide my weightloss until I can cope with the attention and coments, although I have lost 2st, I feel I can only tell people its 1st, how strange it that.!!!

Your weightloss will kick in even though at the moment you dont believe it, when the restriction is right it will be more exciting and you will see a downward trend as long as you keep on top of the bandfills.

Hi mmm Wendy suggests three days liquid and three days mushes after a fill.Whether on not you can stick to that is another thing.

Well done on the 2st weight loss i know exactly what you mean about not telling them how much you have relay lost .

Even though i have lost 6 st 7 lb now i find my self telling some people that comment on my weight that i have lost a couple of stone .So its not that strange.

Hi everyone,

Freckles: the nursery looks beautiful it really does look amazin you must be so proud. Good luck with the new arrival. hope everythin goes well for your family. :D

I was wondering what Multi Vitamins every1 takes as the only good ones I can find is from holland and barrat and there massive. They also smell really bad and i dont fancy crushin them.

Thanks

SJS x

Being Banded on 1st Sep ( only 11 days) :lol::smile::w00t: