Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi lischa usually for your 1st fill you will get 3ml put in, regarding you getting restriction is hard to say as every one is different, i had good restriction for a while after my 1st one x

Shellangel get your hubby to read the posts on here he might be a little different then... you dont want to go trying to do things then set yourself back, its just not worth it, get plenty of rest x

hi homecare, yeh dunno what she was thinking re the pregnancy thing and dates so just have to hope it doesnt effect our fills?

well i have had homemade Soup got little bits of veg in it as i mashed them,also had a couple of yogurts,custard pots too over yesterday and today as im bloody starving.cant just live off liquids for three days no way....so im just making sure that the yogurts are quite runny same as custard adding a little milk to them.

have u tried the chopped tomatoes yet..i enjoy them too add a little bit of seasoning or curry powder to give them a bite!mmm

Hi TIN Im not too keen on tinned tomatoes so I havent tried them but I did have dutch crispbread with jam as they gave us that in the hopital and they told me it just dissolves like liquid so Im having that for my Breakfast this morning. I wish I did like the tomatoes but I have a slight allergy to them. Jx:blushing:

Shelangel thats a shame about hubby not being there. Mine was and even though I say it myself he was a great help. Show him your wounds and he may give you more sympathy. I know if my hubby wasnt there he would have been the same as yours. Jx

Hi guys, hope everyone is doing fine!

Good to hear Gary is good as well!

Hope everyone else who has been banded this week are fine also!

I had another fill with Wendy yesterday taking me to 5.6 in my band! she said there was a bit of pressure going in so hopefully this will be it or close to it!!![/quote

Hi Odge glad to see you back and your almost at restriction. How many fills did it take to get you to where you are. I had my first fill yesterday at 3mls, so hopefully it wont take me long to get there. Jx:rolleyes:

Jackie, there is a filling station in Newport, with Chris Deprez, part of the fred and chris gang, or Mr Wong does fills in Spire Cardiff on a Sat morning. The initial consultation plus 1st fill is £150, with subsequent fills at £120, let me know if you want the phone numbers, Sat morning is so easy and the hospital is just off Junction 30 M4

Thanks mmm.... thats really useful.... I'll pm you if I want the phone numbers. I dont know what to do. The spire in bristol is 5 mins away from my office and very convienient but I would prefer to stay with ecfs, the main reason being if anything did go wrong as it did with Garry they would sort it (hopefully without much cost). The other thing that gets my goat is: the team at the Spire are the same NHS team (Avon Obesity Team) that turned me down when my doctor referred me for the op on the NHS............Ooh:cursing:

Take Care

Jackie

Shellangel.........SHOW Frank your wounds.....plus you have shingles....its the bending thats really painful for me-the port wound. How about you. I have been out the last two days shopping and I think overdone the getting in and out of cars. Staying in today for a rest and probably a bit of housework....I am begining to feel hungry......Ive resorted to the crispbreads they gave us in hospital with Primula cheese spread, i think they should be ok, they have no probs going down. I will ring you soon with Karen and Alans contacts.

Thanks everyone for alltegood wishes.........the pain is easing day by day.

Freckles and Odge.....nice to see you

Garry....I'm gld it was only a repair........there was a girl there at the same time as us having the same trouble, she had been banded 5 years ago and lookd great but she said the she had put on two stone since the problem occured. Its good that they got yours sorted really quickly.

Take Care everyone

Jackie

Just got back from having my fill.. frederik put in 3/4ml so fingers crossed it will give my weight loss the kick start it needs, i was talking to a lady there who had lost 11 stone in 2yrs and she looked amazing, no loose skin from what you could see.

Gary, frederik was telling me about your leak and your repair, he spoke highly of you.. hope your doing ok x

Shellangel.........SHOW Frank your wounds.....plus you have shingles....its the bending thats really painful for me-the port wound. How about you. I have been out the last two days shopping and I think overdone the getting in and out of cars. Staying in today for a rest and probably a bit of housework....I am begining to feel hungry......Ive resorted to the crispbreads they gave us in hospital with Primula cheese spread, i think they should be ok, they have no probs going down. I will ring you soon with Karen and Alans contacts.

Thanks for all ur support guys:) hubby bein slightly betr as I think he feels a bit bad for bein unsympathetic... He really can be a good guy :-/

Jackiem, I've been to the Dr now and changed my dressings... Wounds look healthy but the wound to the right of the port looks and feels tight.. Should feel betr once the stitches are out ( Monday ).. When u getn urs out?

My port feels burny too but get betr every day...

I've got my first check up n fill on the 18th sept (just after my birthday on 16th) ... Lookin forward to it but nervous .. When do u go?

Had really bad trapped wind and nausea yesterday but feel so much betr today... Don't think I had enough intake... Am feelin a bit hungry but tryin to keep on top of it by havn the crispbakes with a variety of toppings... Is... Marmite ; spread light cheese; humous etc... Really nice n allowed..

Hope things not too bad :drool: x

Any experienced bandsters able to give advice re the gas pain?... Have tried windese (yuk) and tums.... They're ok but not perfect

Ta.. X

Edited by shellangel

Hi Guys just a quick post to tell everyone that George at Asda have a half price clothes sale, t.shirts £1.50 and lots of other stuff, great for transitional sizes.

Jackie, there is a filling station in Newport, with Chris Deprez, part of the fred and chris gang, or Mr Wong does fills in Spire Cardiff on a Sat morning. The initial consultation plus 1st fill is £150, with subsequent fills at £120, let me know if you want the phone numbers, Sat morning is so easy and the hospital is just off Junction 30 M4

Maggs that is sooo expensive, if anyone is near the Spire Southampton, Michael Van den Bossche does the fills for £90, he was my surgeon and is lovely.

You can also get a fill done under X-ray at the Manchester x-ray for £150.

Thanx so much Flirtydrawers for the update on Garry, I'm so pleased for him, bless his cotton socks, thats great news.

Maggs, you lil shopaholic lol

Thanks for all ur support guys:) hubby bein slightly betr as I think he feels a bit bad for bein unsympathetic... He really can be a good guy :-/

Jackiem, I've been to the Dr now and changed my dressings... Wounds look healthy but the wound to the right of the port looks and feels tight.. Should feel betr once the stitches are out ( Monday ).. When u getn urs out?

My port feels burny too but get betr every day...

I've got my first check up n fill on the 18th sept (just after my birthday on 16th) ... Lookin forward to it but nervous .. When do u go?

Had really bad trapped wind and nausea yesterday but feel so much betr today... Don't think I had enough intake... Am feelin a bit hungry but tryin to keep on top of it by havn the crispbakes with a variety of toppings... Is... Marmite ; spread light cheese; humous etc... Really nice n allowed..

Hope things not too bad :drool: x

Any experienced bandsters able to give advice re the gas pain?... Have tried windese (yuk) and tums.... They're ok but not perfect

Ta.. X

Hi I had remegel and gaviscon. For the burny feeling port side I had this for 5weeks and gillian on this site told me to wear big knickers that hold you in ie corset or waist sincher it really helps especially when im in and out my car all day through my work. Jx:rolleyes:

Hi Odge glad to see you back and your almost at restriction. How many fills did it take to get you to where you are. I had my first fill yesterday at 3mls, so hopefully it wont take me long to get there. Jx:rolleyes:

Hi homecare! I have had had 4 fills now. 3ml then 1.6ml then 0.5ml then 0.5 mls

Just had some srambled egg and tinned tomatoes for lunch and must say i'm really full! i used to have porridge but wendy told me that if i eat carbs i will get hungrier quicker and my body will store what i don't use as fat! where as if i eat Protein i will stay satisfied for longer and whatever my body doesn't need it will get rid of instead of storing it!!!!

So I am just going to stick to fish and chicken and eggs and cheese and fruit and veg! i'm going to have some carbs but only twice a week!!!

Hopefully this will work!

Hi

In the Daily Mail today there's a report of a woman who had gb surgery, (she had major complications but has no regrets about getting band op) I really enjoy these real life experiences & before/after pics spotted it in work and couldn't wait to get out to buy paper forgetting u can of course get this online. It's pg 41/42 of the femail supplement

ps.I've just re-read this online there is a pic that wasn't in paper (sorry), some of the comments people have posted below article just show the ignorance re gb surg'.

Edited by anitahug

well hellloooooo peepss, thank you very much for all your kind words and thoughts.

I have made a few new bandster friends and hopefully helped them along the way, toppings is a riot she was hee hawing and belly laughing this morning in the hospital to a few frowns from the nurses.

Thanks flirtly babe for updating everyone, frnakly i was shi**ing myself as from talking to freddy on tues night it sounded like i was going to need a new band as they did not think it was a leak, they told me i was getting a general and they would open up and give me a fill and see if and where it was leaking, fortunately it was a leak in the tube and this was caused not by an inexperienced fill but from when i had the hematoma early on the scr tissue it left had moved the tubing closer to the port so it was virtually sitting on the port not below therefore as my port is hard to find when filling any 1 of my fill could have hit it, it was just unfortuante it was the last one with chris. I do not blame him in anyway as where it was place dr cdb said he was surprised it had not happened in an earlier fill. so i just got the one wound reopened and no gas so i have little pain apart from they moved the port and restitched tothe muscle, they also removd the old scar tissue from the hematoma so its went down a little.

It has made me so pleased about not changing my fill provider as this could have happened with another company and i would be left high and dry with a large bill, i know other fill co are cheaper but i would hate for this to happen to someone else outwith Dr cdb or ECFS.

I was done and dusted last night and never needed to stay so i got up this morning and walked back to the hospital as i knew a few of the girls were there alone just to offer any support i could, a couple were in a bit o pain and a little teary so a friendly face and a cuddle sorted them out, so i was fit enought to go back to the belgian choc shop, obviously for presents, so i am feeling fine, they filled it back up with 7ml and i just need to wait a few weeks to get another fill up to the 10-11 mark where i was and yeee ha restriction back of which they told me i wont pat for either. So a big thumbs up and thanks to dr c and freddy and the tem for making this as smooth and painless as poss.

gx