Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

fnzndu.jpg

to all you girlies for the kind wishes about my Mum, its very sweet of you to take the trouble.20p7y4w.jpg

I hope all the new bandsters and our Garry are ok, I am thinking of them all.

Forgot to say......When I was out in Belgium Freddie dropped a bombshell to me. He told me they were moving clinics and shutting the one in Bristol. Wow I felt annoyed because I work full time and having somewhere within a couple of miles was a real bonus to me it was a major factor when deciding to get the proceedure done. I know that a lot of you travel miles to get fills but when you work in education taking time off is really shunned upon and I dont think they would allow it because I self funded the op. I have contacted the Spire but they charge £198 initial visit and then £140 per fill and £110 for a defill.

Homecare.....was it you that went to the Spire in Cardiff for a fill. Did they charge the same? Would you recommend them?

I'm a bit stuck now because I need somewhere that I can pop into between appointments, am I right in understandig a fill takes about 20 mins. I wish I could go to WLS but they dont come to Bristol either.

Thanks

Jackie

No sorry Jackie it wasnt me I go to WLS in Glasgow.

Hope your ok Gary let us know as soon as.

Bobo I was telling a friend about your achievment at M&Ds and how much weight you have lost, you through me made her cry, I blamed you anyway.

I had my first fill yesterday so on liquids only but Im bloody starving any ideas anyone:drool: Jx

Hey all just heard from garry he's done and dusted he needed a repair to the tubing as with the haetoma the tubing moved close to the port and thats why it got pierced so he's off to sleep now all well...

Bobo I was telling a friend about your achievment at M&Ds and how much weight you have lost, you through me made her cry, I blamed you anyway.

I had my first fill yesterday so on liquids only but Im bloody starving any ideas anyone:drool: Jx

AWW thats nice i have never made a girl cry before thats a first.

Thats good news about gary he will be up and fighting fit soon .

Edited by bobobaldy

Thanx flirty, good to know gary is done and dusted and he only needed a repair and not a full op again, send my best wishes to him. Hope your well x

Good Morning Everyone.............I'm sat here reading all of your achievements and its all such good news........The strange thing is ..altough I thiink I can already see some weight coming off I cant ever imagine posting that I've been shopping and bought a size 16. Thats not because I dont think that I will manage to lose the weight I suppose its a bit like a dream to me. All I've ever wanted is to walk into a 'normal' shop and buy clothes, instead of the outsize frumpy shops that I have spent a lifetime shopping in. Actually I was a 16 when I first went into Evans, but it was 16 years old.:)

Good Luck Garry and all whos out there today.

BoBo....Your pictures are great...Well Done You

Wishfull..........The weight will start moving agin soon, but wow a 16 thats fantastic.

Shellangel........I loved meeting you..look after yourself....Karen and Alan said they will come to our reunion next year in Scotland!!!!:blink:

Take Care everyone

Jackie:smile2:

fan..bloody....tastic :thumbup:

we're gonna have a brill time (have you got their email addresses?).

Hope you're doin ok and went to the Dr today and he's told me that i've defo got shingles....nightmare huh!!

luvd meeting you too J...i think we were s'posed to meet up coz it defo made my time much easier

I also want to say thanks at this point to all who gave me n Jackiem good luck wishes as it was nice to know that people were interested and cared :rolleyes2:

my experience was excellent...hospital fab, nursing care fab, dr C and Fred lovely, post op - not as bad as i thought.

once i got rid of the gas pain, it wasn't so bad, but got loads of gurgling goin on..

i don't appear to be struggling with the liquid diet and don't feel hungry yet, but i'm sure that'll come.

to all the up and coming bandsters going out to Brussels, i went out myself and stayed in a different hotel to everyone else... I did ok, but would have loved to have stayed with my fellow patients or had a friend or partner, especially the first day post op as i was stiff and had nausea and dizziness from the G.A.

I really loved the hotel i stayed in and it was very comfy and quiet and had air con which i sooooo needed.

the cost was dearer than the basic package that ECFS offered, however, it was cheaper by about £300 - £400 than the deluxe package and i feel that i had a deluxe hotel.

hope everyone is good and that Gary, you get on ok... am watchin with interest....

Edited by shellangel

Hi shellangel welcome back.. im glad everything has gone to plan and everyday you will feel better, you still want to rest as it will help with your recovery x

Hi shellangel welcome back.. im glad everything has gone to plan and everyday you will feel better, you still want to rest as it will help with your recovery x

Thanks Wishfull....

i really want to take it easy, but coz my hubby wasn't out with me, and he hasn't seen the stitches n stuff, he's having difficulty in empathising with me...

i think, he thinks i'm putting it on...GRRRRR

he has no idea.... i know i can cope, its not so bad, but i wanna heal properly...

thank goodness for this site and you guys :blink: x

hi homecare hows it going today??

thought i would let you know contacted collen today to book for next fill and seemingly wendy got the dates wrong its not the 8th sept but 15th sept in glasgow!!on the 8th she has people booked in for fills in leeds.

so basically thats another five weeks until next fill:ohmy:

bloody starving the noo on this liquid diet!you could maybe try some tins of tomatoes they are good for filling you up, i had a couple so far and hardly any calories in them!

catch u later:wink2:

Forgot to say......When I was out in Belgium Freddie dropped a bombshell to me. He told me they were moving clinics and shutting the one in Bristol. Wow I felt annoyed because I work full time and having somewhere within a couple of miles was a real bonus to me it was a major factor when deciding to get the proceedure done. I know that a lot of you travel miles to get fills but when you work in education taking time off is really shunned upon and I dont think they would allow it because I self funded the op. I have contacted the Spire but they charge £198 initial visit and then £140 per fill and £110 for a defill.

Homecare.....was it you that went to the Spire in Cardiff for a fill. Did they charge the same? Would you recommend them?

I'm a bit stuck now because I need somewhere that I can pop into between appointments, am I right in understandig a fill takes about 20 mins. I wish I could go to WLS but they dont come to Bristol either.

Thanks

Jackie

Jackie, there is a filling station in Newport, with Chris Deprez, part of the fred and chris gang, or Mr Wong does fills in Spire Cardiff on a Sat morning. The initial consultation plus 1st fill is £150, with subsequent fills at £120, let me know if you want the phone numbers, Sat morning is so easy and the hospital is just off Junction 30 M4

hi homecare hows it going today??

thought i would let you know contacted collen today to book for next fill and seemingly wendy got the dates wrong its not the 8th sept but 15th sept in glasgow!!on the 8th she has people booked in for fills in leeds.

so basically thats another five weeks until next fill:ohmy:

bloody starving the noo on this liquid diet!you could maybe try some tins of tomatoes they are good for filling you up, i had a couple so far and hardly any calories in them!

catch u later:wink2:

Thanks TIN I forgot to call for an appointment today but have just called after reading your post but it was the answering machine so hopefully Colleen will call back soon.

Im wondering if Wendy got the dates mixed up for Clinic so does that mean her daughter is due when she should have the Leeds clinic or did she have it in her mind it was her Glasgow clinic when daughter is due? Im bloody starving today Ive had yoghurt drink for brekkie, Soup no lumps for lunch and surprise surprise soup again for dinner. Wendy had said to me I wasnt to take anything thick even yoghurt unless it was in a drink form and if I had soup it was to have no lumps whatsoever?:blink: I heard from Evelyn today she is just going with DrCDB as she cant take time off work to come through to Glasgow. Still starving but at least after tomorrow we can start on mushies:crying:

Anyone any ideas for something filling when your on liquids after first fill? Im packing for 5 at the moment as Going to Florida on Sunday and I need something to give me energy.

:smile2:So happy it was only the tubing that was wrong with your port Gary I wish you and all the new bandsters a speedy recovery. Jx

hi guys,

Havent been on in a few weeks - just caught up with the reading the last bsquillion pages!

Glad everyone seems to be ok. I've been back at work and now off with bloomin flu! Not too bad, think i have it very mildly.

Ive lost 10kg since applying for my band and 5kg since the op.... i did hit a plateau a bit when i went back to normalish food.< /p>

I'm off to London this weekend on Saturday to have my first fill. Dont know what to expect, and i'm a bit worried in case i dont get any real restriction. Is there a certain amount they put in the first time?

Is anyone else going on saturday, my appointment is at 3.30pm.

Oh and I've had a tattoo in my old age celebrating my wedding anniversary with my banding date. 07/07/07.

Anitahug - hope your feeling better.

Take care

Lisa

BANDED 7th July 2009

Thanks TIN I forgot to call for an appointment today but have just called after reading your post but it was the answering machine so hopefully Colleen will call back soon.

Im wondering if Wendy got the dates mixed up for Clinic so does that mean her daughter is due when she should have the Leeds clinic or did she have it in her mind it was her Glasgow clinic when daughter is due? Im bloody starving today Ive had yoghurt drink for brekkie, Soup no lumps for lunch and surprise surprise soup again for dinner. Wendy had said to me I wasnt to take anything thick even yoghurt unless it was in a drink form and if I had soup it was to have no lumps whatsoever?:) I heard from Evelyn today she is just going with DrCDB as she cant take time off work to come through to Glasgow. Still starving but at least after tomorrow we can start on mushies:crying:

Anyone any ideas for something filling when your on liquids after first fill? Im packing for 5 at the moment as Going to Florida on Sunday and I need something to give me energy.

:smile2:So happy it was only the tubing that was wrong with your port Gary I wish you and all the new bandsters a speedy recovery. Jx

hi homecare, yeh dunno what she was thinking re the pregnancy thing and dates so just have to hope it doesnt effect our fills?

well i have had homemade soup got little bits of veg in it as i mashed them,also had a couple of yogurts,custard pots too over yesterday and today as im bloody starving.cant just live off liquids for three days no way....so im just making sure that the yogurts are quite runny same as custard adding a little milk to them.

have u tried the chopped tomatoes yet..i enjoy them too add a little bit of seasoning or curry powder to give them a bite!mmm

catch u later:smile:

ps good stuff gary re your band bet your happy now its all sorted:thumbup:

Hi

Shellangel sorry to hear u have shingles and so soon after op, u could do without that...take it easy !

Lischa good to hear from u, poor u with flu, has John quarintined u? hope ur feelin better soon.

Good on u gettin tattoo. Good luck for first fill mine is booked for 25th really hope dr says it's ok to go ahead - I have my doubts. Lischa I haven't got the hang of Facebook.< /p>

Hi guys, hope everyone is doing fine!

Good to hear Gary is good as well!

Hope everyone else who has been banded this week are fine also!

I had another fill with Wendy yesterday taking me to 5.6 in my band! she said there was a bit of pressure going in so hopefully this will be it or close to it!!!