Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi TIN have a great night tonight. The only thing I can say is I stuck to wine but what a cheap date I am as I felt it really affecting me after two, so drink slowly. You dont want to get carried home at 10pm lol. Enjoy yourself Jx:drool:

hi Homecare,odge,gillian and bobo thanks for the advice!

well had a good night could only manage two pints of 80 shilling beer at first then had to go onto halves with voddie/diet coke chasers.

but went down no probs just drank it a little slower than usual,have a smoker tomorrow night so more drink then that will be me off drink again until a wedding i have in august!

re footy... homecare played tonight and no ill effects from the port area during or after the game,wish i could say the same about my calf muscle..... aching got kicked in it!:cursing::confused:

catch u later and well done on the weight loss!:)

Edited by timeisnow

Mmm - I hope ur able to eat a little more now. I agree an over fill isn't pleasant. I was like that a couple of months ago and it really taught me to be patient with fills in the future and not to want too much in at a time!! It will pass eventually. Try some iced lollys they'll help with the swelling and some nurafen melts if u can manage it. Just think about that size 12 dress!!!

Flirty - u'll probably be in theatre right now. Thinking about you x

I've heard quite regularly on the board people talk about the pain when you eat something that won't go down. I experienced this yesterday when without thinking I shoved a filo wrapped prawn in my mouth. HOLY COW!!! It was one of the most alarming experiences I've encountered. I had to go and dislodge it myself. The pain was incredible and I think i'm still a bit raw inside. For anyone who's lucky enough not to have experienced this, BEWARE!

I've heard quite regularly on the board people talk about the pain when you eat something that won't go down. I experienced this yesterday when without thinking I shoved a filo wrapped prawn in my mouth. HOLY COW!!! It was one of the most alarming experiences I've encountered. I had to go and dislodge it myself. The pain was incredible and I think i'm still a bit raw inside. For anyone who's lucky enough not to have experienced this, BEWARE!

Hi fatduck this is what Im talking about when I say I cant eat anything that is mushed up. I am a bit fed up eating only mushy food so thought I would try a small amount of Pasta with tiny pieces of chicken in a white sauce and boy was I sorry, I was in pure agony and felt as if I was being strangled around the chest. I am eating slowly and chewing lots but it is still happening. I thought I would be able to at least eat some normal foods although a smaller portion but the most solid thing I can eat is fish or cottage pie. Anyone any ideas Im 22 days post op and wondering if I will ever be able to eat anything in solid form again.:smile: Jx

hi Homecare,odge,gillian and bobo thanks for the advice!

well had a good night could only manage two pints of 80 shilling beer at first then had to go onto halves with voddie/diet coke chasers.

but went down no probs just drank it a little slower than usual,have a smoker tomorrow night so more drink then that will be me off drink again until a wedding i have in august!

re footy... homecare played tonight and no ill effects from the port area during or after the game,wish i could say the same about my calf muscle..... aching got kicked in it!:smile::rolleyes:

catch u later and well done on the weight loss!:thumbup:

Well done enjoying the exercise and the drink. How are you doing eating wise as you probably know I cant get by the mushy stage yet. What are you able to eat now is it anything or does the band affect what you intake. Jx

Thank you sooo muchh LindsaySue... Got an appt with the nutritionist in Emirates Hospital on 23rd.. Lets see how it comes out.. Keep u posted..

Hey guys,

I just thought i'd share a recipe for those on mushies..... My husband is on a low carb and discovered that instead of rice if you grate some cauliflower and put it in a microwavable dish with a lid and nuke for 4 - 5 mins (dont add any liquid). It has the consistancy of rice. But i took it one step further, I made some cheese sauce and made cauliflower cheese and topped it with a little breadcrumbs and stuck it in the oven. Bloomin delicious and I made some batches for the freezer too.:cool:

Try it and enjoy.

Well it's day 2 of mushies now. I had the above last night and today i tried some minced pork and some chinese noodles that my hubby made with some sort of chinesy seasoning. I didnt have any problems eating it. I also had some frosties well soaked in milk.

Sorts out those with a sweet tooth.

Hope Flirty is ok and all those newbies are doing ok....

I've booked my first fill with Michelle at WLS for 15/08/09 in London. Chatted with her today and told her about this forum and she is glad they are having a good feedback from the company.:smile:

Hiya Michela, Claire and Michelle, hope your all doing well.

Take care

Lisa

xxx

:rolleyes:Banded 7th July :thumbup:

24.gif

and

welcome.gif

to all the newbies.

Maggs, I know just how you feel, remember I was like that a couple of weeks back, it has now loosened a little, but not much, I can eat a lot of different things, but only the tiniest of portions, I'm talking 3 mouthfuls at the most here.

And also if I eat after 8pm, I have the reflux during the night, which sometimes turns into a vomit (sorry).

I think I have my sweet spot right now.

I cant hardly drink alcohol either which is a good thing for me, you know how I like a few tipples every night. Well I can only manage a tiny amount of any alcohol.

I am now snugly fitting into my jeans that I used to wear before my first band broke, a couple of weeks and they will fit perfectly. It's all worth it.

This also proves to me that my first band never worked properly.

Oh Flirtybum I hope you're ok, we are all thinking of you, how brave you are. xxx

Hey Freckles sweetie. Glad u can eat a bit more. I ate a whole sausage roll at lunch - what was that about?!!!! No wonder I've lost nothing this week!! How's ur mom?

Hi freckles, yes this over fill is a bit of a problem, I could'nt even drink a spoon full of tea this morning, but by 5pm i did manage 3 forks of cauliflower cheese, which is an improvement on yesterday where I could only look at it and sniff. Then something strange happened I ate some duck breast and it went down no trouble. This band is really strange, I cant drink tea but I can eat duck it does not seem logical. Like you I cant have anything to eat or drink after about 7.30 otherwise I get reflux all night.

I read on another thread that someone else in the uk had their band filled close to capacity and when on a 1.5 hour flight to spain, they had all the overfill symptoms that we have during her holls, and when she returned she still had them so she went for a unfill, when she was examined it was found that the band had slipped because it was full to capacity and she flew (even a short flight) had caused this. So even if this moody band slackens off a bit I'll still have some taken out before I fly back to France at the end of Aug.

Hi freckles, yes this over fill is a bit of a problem, I could'nt even drink a spoon full of tea this morning, but by 5pm i did manage 3 forks of cauliflower cheese, which is an improvement on yesterday where I could only look at it and sniff. Then something strange happened I ate some duck breast and it went down no trouble. This band is really strange, I cant drink tea but I can eat duck it does not seem logical. Like you I cant have anything to eat or drink after about 7.30 otherwise I get reflux all night.

I read on another thread that someone else in the uk had their band filled close to capacity and when on a 1.5 hour flight to spain, they had all the overfill symptoms that we have during her holls, and when she returned she still had them so she went for a unfill, when she was examined it was found that the band had slipped because it was full to capacity and she flew (even a short flight) had caused this. So even if this moody band slackens off a bit I'll still have some taken out before I fly back to France at the end of Aug.

OMG MMM you've just made my mind up about fill in August before my hols defo not going to get one now,i eat a few small pickle onions last night the first one or two went down no prob thought i was ok i was wrong one got stuck in terible pain till it came back up,so im defo not getting a fill see how i am when i come back of hols thanks MMM:smile::smile:

Hi Freckles glad to see you are getting results at last hun:smile::rolleyes:

Im so confused went to a resturant tonight had kids chicken with potato and peas and yorkshire pud. Could only eat half of it but so glad I managed to eat my first solid food for 22 days. Does anyone have the same. I dont understand this band as I havent even had my first fill yet but can only eat either really mushy or very very slowly when the rest of my food is cold and give up. Jx

Hi girlies...Sammy Mum is making a liar out of Whiston hospital, who said she'd never walk again, cos she is walking great with a zimmer frame, bless. She is eating well, and seems good. In fact they have told me in the hospital that she can come home in a couple of weeks!!!

Bless her she wants to come home, she hasnt been home for 5 months, poor thing.

I just dont know how you could eat a sos roll Sammy, these bands have minds of their own dont they lol.

Maggs, I am the same hun, food goes down easier than any liquids, and for the life of me i cant drink a smoothie!

I cant eat much though, but am losing so slowly, only a pound a week. my fella put himself on a diet and has lost the same as me, and he's eating salads and loads of meat and cottage cheese, and he has a few vodkas and diet coke most nights, doesnt seem fair does it.

Thanx Shoes the weight is slowly coming off now.

i told you not to get a fill before going to new York didnt I???

naughty girlie, not listening to Aunty Freckles lol.

Such crap they told me in the Spire, that flying doesnt make any difference to the band, I know it does from how I felt when I did those long haul flights.

Nite peeps, have a good nights kip xxxx

Im so confused went to a resturant tonight had kids chicken with potato and peas and yorkshire pud. Could only eat half of it but so glad I managed to eat my first solid food for 22 days. Does anyone have the same. I dont understand this band as I havent even had my first fill yet but can only eat either really mushy or very very slowly when the rest of my food is cold and give up. Jx

Hi Homecare what you are experiencing is normal,you will find as the days go by you will be able to eat more your stomach is still adjusting to the band is is probably still swollen inside when the swelling goes down believe me you will be able to eat anything until you start getting your fills hope this is of some help:smile:

Hi girlies...Sammy Mum is making a liar out of Whiston hospital, who said she'd never walk again, cos she is walking great with a zimmer frame, bless. She is eating well, and seems good. In fact they have told me in the hospital that she can come home in a couple of weeks!!!

Bless her she wants to come home, she hasnt been home for 5 months, poor thing.

I just dont know how you could eat a sos roll Sammy, these bands have minds of their own dont they lol.

Maggs, I am the same hun, food goes down easier than any liquids, and for the life of me i cant drink a smoothie!

I cant eat much though, but am losing so slowly, only a pound a week. my fella put himself on a diet and has lost the same as me, and he's eating salads and loads of meat and cottage cheese, and he has a few vodkas and diet coke most nights, doesnt seem fair does it.

Thanx Shoes the weight is slowly coming off now.

i told you not to get a fill before going to new York didnt I???

naughty girlie, not listening to Aunty Freckles lol.

Such crap they told me in the Spire, that flying doesnt make any difference to the band, I know it does from how I felt when I did those long haul flights.

Nite peeps, have a good nights kip xxxx

Hi Freckles you are so right about the fill ,i know im not that far away from sweet spot some days i cant each much im not hungry then other days i can eat a lot so strange still cant eat bread not even toast thats a good thing but like sammy i had a small bit of chicken curry with veg thought it would,nt go down because of all the crunchy veg but went down know prob think your right has a mind of its own,So glad your mums doing ok wont be long before shes back home with you xx:smile: