Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hello Ladies and Gentleman-

Well three weeks post op and what can I say...my appetite is still quite small...wahey BUT yes..choc and ice-cream fly through the band so I have had to reassess what I am at if I reach for these foodstuffs.

I went to the Oxegen music festval in Ireland at the wked and had a ball, thankfully they had a wine stand so I could drink that wiout any difficulty but I will admit that a couple of glasses did go to my head alot quicker than it used to!!

Three of my five scars have almost completely healed but the two large ones are still quite red and one of them just seems to refuse to heal--I've taken to bathing it with salt Water to clean it out but it doesn't appear to have an infection-its just taking it's time.

I'm down 15lbs which is great but the scales hasn't moved in a week!! Is this just a lull post op?? I'm trying to follow a weight watchers type plan to keep track of my calories points style and I haven't eaten anywhere near my points allowance any of the days but still no movement?? Although I will say that my clothes are fitting alot better...so thats a big plus!!

I'm going for my first fill wi WLS on the 4th Aug in Dublin so it will be interesting to see how that affects me.

I just want to wish FLIRTY the best of luck--this is for all of us, god bless ya you are our little guinea pig..cause when I do lose this weight I'll be straight in after you for surgery!! You are an inspiration to all of us!!

Sorry for wandering on....

Sara xxx.

Hi Sara,

Another Irish lass.....

Great to see ya on the forum. I'm flying out on August 11th to be banded on 12th.

Good to know you can eat chocolate and ice-cream, all in the name of when you just really need a square instead of a brandy or a cigarette!

Would love to know how you get on with WLS cos Wendy seems to be great, from what I've read.

So where in Dublin are ya hon?

Hi Sara,

Another Irish lass.....

Great to see ya on the forum. I'm flying out on August 11th to be banded on 12th.

Good to know you can eat chocolate and ice-cream, all in the name of when you just really need a square instead of a brandy or a cigarette!

Would love to know how you get on with WLS cos Wendy seems to be great, from what I've read.

So where in Dublin are ya hon?

Hi Toppings--

There are loads of Irish ladies on this thread!!! Me? I live in Smithfield. I had the op on the 23rd June and haven't looked back since. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!!

Sara xx.

Hey Flirty, Good luck for your op babe, you'll be fine, and just think how fab your gonna look when you already look so gorgeous already! I'll be thinking about you chick xxxxxx

Hi to all you bandsters and pre bandsters hope everything is positive with you all?:wink2:

And a big "GOOD LUCK" to Flirty for tomorrow,just you do it girl!:scared2:

now i have a question and hope i can get a few answers for it????

i am going out for the first time since being banded to have a drink tonight as my mate is over from abroad,therefore i need to know roughly what to expect when i drink now?

i will try bottled beer poured into a glass to get rid of some gas first and if thats too gassy maybe go onto pints or halfs of 80 shilling heavy,later on ill probably go onto vodka/ice with a very small dash of diet coke mmmm:tt2:

what do you think guys/girls should this be ok generally to drink with having the band in place after approx 22 days post surgery?

i know they say no fizzy stuff but if its not a daily occurence surely it should be ok......answers and advice would be much appreciated??

thanks in advance:thumbup:

Hi TIN have a great night tonight. The only thing I can say is I stuck to wine but what a cheap date I am as I felt it really affecting me after two, so drink slowly. You dont want to get carried home at 10pm lol. Enjoy yourself Jx:drool:

Hi ladies and gentleman-

Just wondering if anyone has the number for the lady who organises dr chris fills in Dublin? Wls have cancelled their clinic for aug in Dublin and I need to get a fill.

Thanks,

Sara xx

Hi Everyone,

I am due to go to Belgium and have my surgery on the 11th September with DR Chris De Bruyne. Is anyone else having surgery on that Friday? It would be nice to hear from others who are also having lap-band surgery at the same time, as we can share experiences together.

Katy

Hi everyone,

Haven't been on for a while. Almost 6 weeks post op and i'm really struggling. I've lost 16lbs but this week I put on a pound and I just can't stop binging! Today I ate a bar of dairymilk, 3 pkts of crisps and 3 slices of brown bread!! I'm out of control. I'm feeling so down. I've been doing my walks and will keep that up but I read on the site that Wendy won't be coming to dublin in August. Does anyone know if she's still going to be in Belfast on July 28th? don't know what I'll do if she's not. Also did anyone else just have an enormous appetite 5 to 6 weeks post op??? HELP......................

Hi everyone,

Haven't been on for a while. Almost 6 weeks post op and i'm really struggling. I've lost 16lbs but this week I put on a pound and I just can't stop binging! Today I ate a bar of dairymilk, 3 pkts of crisps and 3 slices of brown bread!! I'm out of control. I'm feeling so down. I've been doing my walks and will keep that up but I read on the site that Wendy won't be coming to dublin in August. Does anyone know if she's still going to be in Belfast on July 28th? don't know what I'll do if she's not. Also did anyone else just have an enormous appetite 5 to 6 weeks post op??? HELP......................

I did shelly, dont worry too much about it, once you have a good restriction, you eating will reduce again. I put on 7lb inbetween op and fills, and I've also put on weight between fills but it will smooth itself out, and you will start to lose weight regularly once the band is filled to your sweet spot.

I really wanted and expected my weight only to reduce, but it is'nt always like that, get a fill asap and you'll start getting on track. It took me about 12 weeks to start to see a permanant downwards pattern. If you need to eat lots, like I did try to stick to Protein for EVERY meal it may help you feel fuller until you can have a fill. Dont beat yourself up about a little slip, we're in this for the long haul, and we're not going to get it right first time. ( ps your cravings might be hormonal, monthly)

I wrote on here last week that I was going to Spire Cardiff for a fill, because I could'nt get to my usual Chris Deprez venue, I did go and had a fill of 1ml.

I have a 7ml band and now have 7ml fill, and tight is not the word to describe it, one wekk on I can only drink tea coffee and Water. I can't even have Soup, even if its strained; ice cream; yogs; or anything at all. I know I should have an unfill (what a strange word,) but I'm losing weight and the uncomfortable feeling is just about worth it. This is just a cautionary word that if you get overfilled, it is extremely painfull and almost dibilitating, and the means have to justify the end, if it was'nt for this wedding in August and I need to wear a size 12 dress, I would most def do something about it.

I am still craving food, but cannot keep anything at all down, so to night I made cauliflower cheese and just sat and smelt it. Happy days. The things we do for vanity. Love maggs.

hi all its michelle hear, my day starts youghart than milk shake for lunch, then Soup ore soft egg ore soft fish with nothing els than thats it, i nead my fill asap as each day i want more to eat , i am trying out drink to night, my blue stitch i took out , the rest still there,

Hi everyone,

Hi Shelly, I was speaking to Michelle yesterday and they are coming to Belfast end of July not sure of exact date but remember saying it was to early for me, hope this helps.

Thanks Mags for that. It does make me feel better....I knew I joined this site for a good reason!!! The support is great. I thought I was going to lose my mind. I was moaning to my hubby earlier today about eating so much and he said " I think you better get back on your site for support". Hate to say it but he was right.

Thanks anita, I think it's July 28th in Belfast. I'm going to travel up as I'm in a really bad way. I'm off to a wedding too in August but unlike mags it won't be a size 12!! I wish.... Anyway I left a message on the WLS answer machine earlier so hopefully they'll get back to me on Monday so I can book in for next week. Great to know they are defo going to be in Belfast as I was looking up flights to Brussels I was so desperate. so thanks again anita.

Hi... I am from dubai and i also wanted to get banded.. I would like to know from where u did urs i mean which hospital, Dr., how was the treatment and cost and also the procedure u went thru after surgery like eating habits etc.. How much did u lose?? I know that i have a very long list.. But pls will u let me know these info as i have been desperately searching for someone who has done it in dubai.. Plsss share ur experience.. Thnxxxx

I currently live and work in Kuwait and I JUST got back from Dubai for my pre-surgery tests. I am getting banded in Sept but because of my tight work schedule I needed to do some of the pre-surgery stuff done now. So Dr.De Bruyne is doing my banding. He visits Emirates Hospital only 2 days on certain months so book early if you want him to do the surgery. The number for Emeriates Hospital is 971 4 349 6666. Dr. Batrouni also does the surgery and I did get to meet him and seemed nice.

I am paying cash so I don't know about insurance. The full cost is 34000 dhs. You will need to put a deposit of 5000 dhs when you come for your inital consultation. They will do ultrasounds on your abdomen, an xray, blood tests, and you will have to meet with the anestheisologist and a psychirist( no comments on my poor spelling please). If all is well for about a month prior they will ask that you be on a low fat restrictive diet so hopefully your liver is a small as it can be pre-surgery. If your liver is too fatty and big they might not be able to complete the surgery so it is worth it to follow the diet to the letter.

The night before the surgery you will need to fast COMPLETELY. That means no food AND no Water for 12 hours before the surgery. If any Water or food is present during surgery it may get inot your lungs so its best to take that very seriously. Also you will be given a Nexium tablet to take right before you start your fast. After the surgery you will be on a completely liquid diet for several weeks. Then slowly progress to mushy foods. They will advise to eat slowly and chew throughly to break the food into as small pieces as possible like baby food. Then about every month there after you will need to come in for fills and to check on your progress. Dr. Batrouni said they prefer you go slow and steady with weight loss. Depending on how big you are already you will drop off quite a bit a first then about 2-4 kilos every month after that as long as your puttng the work into your diet and excercise. I hope this information is helpful. Give Emeriates Hospital a call and they will be happy to answer all the rest. If you are interested I will soon be posting my progress on this forum. My pre-op diet start in a few weeks. Good Luck and I hope everything goes well for you.