Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

english rose not seen you on here for ages!..well done,and enjoy your date garry,those pink speedos sound sexy!..lets get a piccy on!? tanyac wecome back, hope yor nose is ok now?!.flirty. get some aftersun on you!.freckles it will be great for you to see your daughter..lucky you going to oz!.everyone else enjoy this sunshine!(wishfull dont burn your nips!)x

Edited by gillian

Hi All - more questions! I'm being banded on June 12. Wondering how long I should take off work (I have a desk job and I work from home...) Also, how long before you were able to drive? Can I drive myself home from the airport at two days post-op? And finally, am I making a mistake by traveling from Ireland to Belgium on my own? Thanks!

Hi All - more questions! I'm being banded on June 12. Wondering how long I should take off work (I have a desk job and I work from home...) Also, how long before you were able to drive? Can I drive myself home from the airport at two days post-op? And finally, am I making a mistake by traveling from Ireland to Belgium on my own? Thanks!

Hello High Anxiety,

I went on my own to Belgium and it was fine. There will be another 5 or 6 people there from the Uk and they will be probably be staying in the same hotel, so lots of support.

Lots of people go on their own.

I had my op on a Tuesday and went back to work the following Monday. Every day makes a huge difference.

As far as driving - I was back driving the day after I got home - you might feel very tired the day you travel home, too weary for driving. Of course you will have to take it as it comes. Do you think with the tiredness and aching you would be able to do an emergency stop? I did have my daughter pick me up at the station.

:frown:

Hope this helps a bit,

Westie x

hi all glad your all doing well, i was a little naughty this morning and had a sneak on the scales :0) since i was weighed on friday i have lost 8.5lbs whoop whoop cant tell the difference as im so swollen but it looks good on those scales.

Timeisnow i had a look at the tv's for you and yes they have a scart sockett, its a very basic room but very clean and adequett for the time u spend awake in there.

My nose if still a little sore but brusing has gone now thanks guys, thought it would give some of you a giggle, i just told my sister wot i did and she nearly fell off her seat laughing (checky monkey isnt she?)

im starting to feel a littel bit more hungry now but not overdoing it, scared to death of overeating so today i have had 2 yogurts, little jelly and an ice lolly and just going to have a slim fast mmm lol.

while i was over there i met some great ppl and none of them had been on here so i have given them all the link and told them to get on, just for the great support and banter more than anything. take care all xx

Hi High Anxiety,

I'm getting banded on June 12th, and I'm travelling from Dublin. I'm getting the early morning flight on the 11th, and back on the morning flight on the 14th with Aer lingus. A few people here went alone. My brother or my husband will be travelling with me but if you're on your own you can join us. I have about 7 stone to lose too.

I'm a bit nervous but after watching the itv programme last night I'm raring to go.

congrats to Westbourne and Tanya. I'd better not move from the bed after the op for fear I'll take a tumble too! Hope I'll be on a low floor or the whole building might come down!!!

Raging I missed suefee before she went, I was thinking of her today as I was due to be done today too.

Englishrose, well done on your loss. I'm so envious, can't wait till i'm a loser too!

hi all glad your all doing well, i was a little naughty this morning and had a sneak on the scales :0) since i was weighed on friday i have lost 8.5lbs whoop whoop cant tell the difference as im so swollen but it looks good on those scales.

Timeisnow i had a look at the tv's for you and yes they have a scart sockett, its a very basic room but very clean and adequett for the time u spend awake in there.

My nose if still a little sore but brusing has gone now thanks guys, thought it would give some of you a giggle, i just told my sister wot i did and she nearly fell off her seat laughing (checky monkey isnt she?)

im starting to feel a littel bit more hungry now but not overdoing it, scared to death of overeating so today i have had 2 yogurts, little jelly and an ice lolly and just going to have a slim fast mmm lol.

while i was over there i met some great ppl and none of them had been on here so i have given them all the link and told them to get on, just for the great support and banter more than anything. take care all xx

hiya tanyac great to hear the op went well and your home safe and sound..sorry to hear about the nose though!:welldone2:

and a special thanks for finding out re the scart socket will no doubt be a life saver for my partner when i am in the hospital:smile2:

suefee all the best for being banded safe journey!:frown:

Hi mandy im having a fill next week in manchester at 12 so shud see you there, i cant eat bread at all as it really hurts and just wont go down so i just dont even try it any more.. fingers crossed once you have your fill your weight will start to move again x

Hi my appointment is at 12.30, I am a bit nervous, but excited as well. I have not lost any weight since the week after my op and I am starting to get realy hungry, I am just about picking at normal food in the evenings, ie salad and chicken ect. Any advice peeps, when you have your 1st fill do you get a restiction, I am hope we do. Good to read all your messages, your all doing great, I cant wait to start losing big time. You lot are a insparation to us all xxx

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen-

I'm booked to be banded on the 23rd June and am flying from Dublin with my sis. The thing is....I'm going to a hens wked the wked before and it looks like I'll have to go sober for the wked in an effort to shrink my liver for the op!!

Did everyone catch the programme on ITV last night?? It certainly helped strengthen my resolve to go through with the surgery and in fact I'm excited about getting my life back on track.

Sara xxx.

Hi my appointment is at 12.30, I am a bit nervous, but excited as well. I have not lost any weight since the week after my op and I am starting to get realy hungry, I am just about picking at normal food in the evenings, ie salad and chicken ect. Any advice peeps, when you have your 1st fill do you get a restiction, I am hope we do. Good to read all your messages, your all doing great, I cant wait to start losing big time. You lot are a insparation to us all xxx

Hi Mandyfielding, I also didnt loose much weight after the op only a few lbs, and found not much had changed, I could eat everything I wanted and more or less at the same volume as I could pre op.

But things will change when you get an adequate level of fill, this may not be on your first or second but if you keep up with regular appointments they will find the right level for you. It took a while for me with hardly any weight loss until my second fill, where I lost 10lb and now I've just had my 3rd fill taking me to 6ml, and I know it will have some effect and I will loose some weight I dont know how much I will loose before my next fill or even when my next fill will be that will depend on how long the restriction lasts, and when I stop loosing weight.

What I do know is that if I dont have the fills I wont loose the weight, so its up to me to ensure I keep up to date with them.

Dont be disheartened it may be a slower precess for you as it is with me, plus if you bmi is'nt that high say 35 and under it will be slower, but you will make it work for you when the fills are at a good level for you.

Hope this helps, I wish I had a magic wand I use it on myself first then pass it around so that we could all have a share ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, But perhaps a would'nt give it to Gary until he posts pics of him in his speedos :frown:

Hi High Anxiety,

I'm getting banded on June 12th, and I'm travelling from Dublin. I'm getting the early morning flight on the 11th, and back on the morning flight on the 14th with Aer lingus. A few people here went alone. My brother or my husband will be travelling with me but if you're on your own you can join us. I have about 7 stone to lose too.

I'm a bit nervous but after watching the itv programme last night I'm raring to go.

congrats to Westbourne and Tanya. I'd better not move from the bed after the op for fear I'll take a tumble too! Hope I'll be on a low floor or the whole building might come down!!!

Raging I missed suefee before she went, I was thinking of her today as I was due to be done today too.

Englishrose, well done on your loss. I'm so envious, can't wait till i'm a loser too!

Hi Shelly - thank you so much for getting in touch! I am on the evening flight because I have to travel down from Donegal, but I look forward to meeting you once we get there. I was bouyed by last night's programme as well, I was so pleased with the weight loss the banded girl was seeing - hope I can do as well. I really hope there is some decent restriction in the immediate aftermath because I want this weight off!

Hi Westbourne - thanks so much for the reply and the information - all very helpful. I wish you the best with your new band and will be following your progress!

Welcome newbies, its good there are so many on the forum.. lots more help and advice and laughes, i think you have all made a great decision getting banded by dr chris x

I'm booked to be banded on the 23rd June and am flying from Dublin with my sis. The thing is....I'm going to a hens wked the wked before and it looks like I'll have to go sober for the wked in an effort to shrink my liver for the op!!

Did everyone catch the programme on ITV last night?? It certainly helped strengthen my resolve to go through with the surgery and in fact I'm excited about getting my life back on track.

Sara xxx.

Hi Sara!

I wouldn't worry to much about not drinking on the hen night! I didn't really do a pre op diet and had a lot of last suppers! I did make sure i took milk thistle tablets every day though as this will help with your liver!!! Also 3 of us got pissed in the hotel the night before we got banded!!!!

Is going to be your last time before your op to get pissed on fizzy and all the nice drinks so i would enjoy it if i was you!!!!

Hi Sara!

I wouldn't worry to much about not drinking on the hen night! I didn't really do a pre op diet and had a lot of last suppers! I did make sure i took milk thistle tablets every day though as this will help with your liver!!! Also 3 of us got pissed in the hotel the night before we got banded!!!!

Is going to be your last time before your op to get pissed on fizzy and all the nice drinks so i would enjoy it if i was you!!!!

hahahahahaha odge come on now, i like a good party as much as the rest o them but cleaning your liver with no bevvy or fatty food is important to the actual op and and for me more importantly getting your mindset into gear for eating well and reduced bevvy (bevvy for a good 4 weeks after op.

Sara xxx.

Hi sara

i know its a pain in the arse not drinking at the hen do but either go easy or try and not drink as the liver shrinkage and reduced fat is pretty imprtant, just think of the wedding how good it will be to be down in weight. I am by no means a party pooper but its important to get into the right frame of mind even before the op, it does help, i knew i was going to have surgery 14 weeks before and i strated my own diet then and it was over christmas, i only drank one night. i lost 3.5 stone before op and it helped get me started.

Gazx