Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

No problems for anybody else intrested they have clinics in

london,newcastle,glasgow,dublin leeds,cardiff,sheffield,belfast,birmingham and preston.

thanks so much for that info boboboldy!..looks like i am booking with them tomorrow as the offer only stands if booked before 31st..so really glad you took trouble to let us know!..looked on WLS website and the aftercare looks brilliant, and only 10 mins drive away and cheaper!

thanks so much for that info boboboldy!..looks like i am booking with them tomorrow as the offer only stands if booked before 31st..so really glad you took trouble to let us know!..looked on WLS website and the aftercare looks brilliant, and only 10 mins drive away and cheaper!

Your welcome gillian .I think it will save a few people a few bob as you know it could take you up to 5-6 fills to get to your sweet spot so at least you only pay the £275 compared to £500-£600 going to dr chris.

Talking of fills......

I had my first fill last Thursday, which was 4 weeks and 2 days post op. Frederik had just booked a room in a private clinic for the day. The receptionist did not have a list of his patients and indeed I was not on the list of pateints that Frederik himself had, even though I booked with him in Brussels before I left. The receptionist asked me to take a seat and Frederik just called out 'next' in the waitng room after seeing off his previous patient. So those of you worried that you are not booked in, worry thee not. You will be seen, regardless.

I do not want to be the bearer of bad news, but some of you may not have read my post on Facebook. Do not expect to be remembered or treated as an individual. I thought it was a one-off experience I had, but I have been chatting to another of his 'fill patients' and she had the same treatment - well worse actually as he did not even weigh her.

I was expecting a full 15 minutes with Frederik and had lots of questions and advice to ask for. It seemed as if he was just on autopilot - going through the motions. The whole experience was very uncomfortable. I had gone in quite nervous but excited and came out like I was just another number, as he seemed eager to be 'rid of me' and on to his next patient. Before I left the clinic he told me to have a few sips of Water, then a gulp and if I had a problem swallowing or keeping that down, to knock on his door.

The fill itself was not painful, just uncomfortable a bit, and I felt queasy afterwards just thinking about what I had just gone through. He asked me to lay on a bed (I made him change the towels on it first), then he felt for the port with his hand, then he pierced the skin with the needle and then manoevred it once inside the body to the right part of the port. I did feel the liquid. When he finsihed, he pulled the needle out and quickly, half-heartedly wiped the entry point with a bit of stuff (which I can only assume was a sterile solution).

I was actually told afterwards, when I booked my next one, that it would take up to 7 fills to reach a good restriction, but this obvioulsly varied from patient to patient. I began to think if this was all a 'con'

Not sure if I should post this post, and may even have to remove it at some stage, but have kept quiet until now as I thought it was a one-off experience as no-one else had reported anything similar.

Good luck guys x

Hi Tropical Lagoon, Just wanted to say, that I had exactly the same treatment from Frederick, when I went for my third fill in Manchester on Jan 15th! He wasn't too keen to answer too many questions, as my husband went with me, and always likes to ask questions, and find out how things work! Frederick accused my husband of trying to tell him how to do his job!! Frederick only wanted to put half a ml in, but my husband pushed him to put 1ml in saying that everybody is different, and you can't use the same "set amount" on everyone. He did finally put 1ml in, but insisted I say on liquids for an extra day!! Kath.x:cursing::)

Hi TL. Quite concerned to read this, in what way were you meaning a con? The number of fills needed(?) meaning more cost or did you mean in some other way? Do you know whether the same people do the same locations i.e Frederick always doing Manchester etc. If that's the case, then maybe I might decide to travel to wherever Dr Chris undertakes his - anyone know if he always does the London clinic dates?

Great news Freckles on your date - you can now go off and have a relaxing holiday knowing that it is all in place now.

Welcome to Bigfred, I am also interested in what made you decide to travel to Belgium for the surgery, it's quite a way from the USA. It is 14lbs in a stone so you have lost almost 2 and a half stones which is great, keep up the good work!

Bigsister x

ps - sorry to hear about your dog flirtylass

Hi Bigsister, as far as I know Dr Chris only does the London clinic,at least that's what he told me when I saw him there (before the Manchester clinic opened). He said he might do Manchester some time in the future, but not at the moment! I think Frederick and Chris Deprez do Manchester between them. I found Chris doesn't "rush you through" quite as quickly as Frederick, and will take time to answer your questions. Kath.x:blush:

Hi kath ment to say thanks for info on ur band size etc im defo gona push for more of a fill this time its getting to be a joke it'l be my 5th fill and i want to get some result out of it i wish we had access to fills every 2wks but im not a huge frederik fan i find him quite intimidating and hard to talk to but im gona psych myself up this time and not be pushed over but also at the stage im at 5.75ml im terrified of a overfill i know he said my next fill would just be .25ml so if i get .5ml il be happy dont wana push it too much just in case but hes just so unapproachable

Hi shoes im grand drinking can gulp away but must say i drink feck all i was never too good at gettin fluids in like i said earlier this will be my 5th fill i just take skin hair and nail Vitamin they have all ur Vitamins in there but really aimed at skin hair and nails i took them even before the op i dont think u really need vitamins but theres no harm in it

Thanks Flirty Lass for that, do you not feel you have any restriction yet, it must be very frustrating for you, have just been reading post about Frederik he does' nt sound very professional,he rang me about the date he asked me if i could go on the 6th of march instead of Friday 13th i agreed to go on the 6th sorry sammy77 i just feel i want to get it over with as soon as posible getting a bit worried about fills now do you know if WLS has a clinic in Dublin

Anybody got good restriction now, how many fills did it take:confused:

Hi Bigsister, as far as I know Dr Chris only does the London clinic,at least that's what he told me when I saw him there (before the Manchester clinic opened). He said he might do Manchester some time in the future, but not at the moment! I think Frederick and Chris Deprez do Manchester between them. I found Chris doesn't "rush you through" quite as quickly as Frederick, and will take time to answer your questions. Kath.x:blush:

Hi Mooster/Kath, thanks so much for that info. I think myself and my sister gillian have decided to give WLS a try as shared by bobobaldy - firstly because it is only 10 mins away from where we live and secondly because of the price. For the offer price of £275, we can have a package which includes unlimited fills for 6 months - this is approx what it would have cost us for just 2 fills going to see Frederick in Manchester once you take travel costs into account. I know price shouldn't necessarily be the primary factor where medical issues are concerned, but I suppose that the costs charged by Dr Chris & team are pushed up because their travel costs of a return visit from Belgium will also be factored into the price. And from the recent comments on the forum, can't help but think the care may be better than we would get in Manchester, so don't feel we have much to lose, particularly as bobobaldy's experience was a better one with them.

If I didn't feel that it was professional or up to the mark, then I would definitely prefer to travel to London where I could see Dr Chris himself, so thanks for letting me know about that. Take care, bigsister x

Hey shoes yeah wls do fills in dublin and belfast i was gona go to them except i had my 3rd fill by time i found out about them and i didnt think it was worth my while changing then but if i had to do it again i would go to wendy but there was also part of me afraid if i left my surgeon and something went wrong he'd pass the blame silly i know but i think too much lol as for restriction i had tiny tiny bit for 2wks after last fill but nothing now and nothing before just like i never had the band except if i eat something too quick il get sick i just want restriction

Hi Mooster/Kath, thanks so much for that info. I think myself and my sister gillian have decided to give WLS a try as shared by bobobaldy - firstly because it is only 10 mins away from where we live and secondly because of the price. For the offer price of £275, we can have a package which includes unlimited fills for 6 months - this is approx what it would have cost us for just 2 fills going to see Frederick in Manchester once you take travel costs into account. I know price shouldn't necessarily be the primary factor where medical issues are concerned, but I suppose that the costs charged by Dr Chris & team are pushed up because their travel costs of a return visit from Belgium will also be factored into the price. And from the recent comments on the forum, can't help but think the care may be better than we would get in Manchester, so don't feel we have much to lose, particularly as bobobaldy's experience was a better one with them.

If I didn't feel that it was professional or up to the mark, then I would definitely prefer to travel to London where I could see Dr Chris himself, so thanks for letting me know about that. Take care, bigsister x

Hi bigsister, let us know how you and Gillian get on having your fills with WLS. Where are they based in the north west?

I take it you live quite near to their clinic, which will be much easier for you than travelling all the way down to Manchester airport each time you need a fill?? Kath.x:rolleyes2:

Hi bigsister, let us know how you and Gillian get on having your fills with WLS. Where are they based in the north west?

I take it you live quite near to their clinic, which will be much easier for you than travelling all the way down to Manchester airport each time you need a fill?? Kath.x:rolleyes2:

Hi Kath, yes, the WLS clinic is held only 10 mins away from where we live in Sheffield and so won't have to have a full day off work which I would have if we were travelling to Manchester. Like flirtylass, I felt a bit worried about someone else doing the aftercare but after reading recent comments, I thought it probably wouldn't be hard to be an improvement on what people have experienced lately? Will surely let everyone know of our experience with WLS, however, won't be going for our first appt till mid March. Bigsister x

hi mooster, if you go on WLS website there is a list of clinics that they work from, i am so pleased boboboldy told us about this as only being 10 mins away, and with the special offer too (which ends tomorrow) it is so much better for me and big sister..i emailed michelle at wls last night and she sent me a nice personal email back straight away..im going to phone and arrange an appointment now..the package includes advice from different proffesionals inc dietician, bariatric nurse,counseller,physios etc,24 hour emergency line and an advice line, newsletters also...also you can have a fill/unfill if and when needed as a one off for £85..its def worth a look! gillian x

:wink:HI TC...hope your back now and everything went well?...let us know how your going when you feel up to it!! gillian x

Hi Kath, yes, the WLS clinic is held only 10 mins away from where we live in Sheffield and so won't have to have a full day off work which I would have if we were travelling to Manchester. Like flirtylass, I felt a bit worried about someone else doing the aftercare but after reading recent comments, I thought it probably wouldn't be hard to be an improvement on what people have experienced lately? Will surely let everyone know of our experience with WLS, however, won't be going for our first appt till mid March. Bigsister x

Hi bigsister i have just had a price for the fills from the spire... £500 EACH :thumbup:, plus i would get a consultation with that, i coulnt beleive it.. they said its cos it would be with a dr and not a nurse. I think i will be travelling to manchester x

Hi Gillian & bigsister, thanks for the info about WLS, they do sound very professional, especially with all the back-up that's included! Kath.x

My advice is defo go to wendy i wish i had to of in the start cos god all the extra advice u get and also the fact wendy spends so much time with u and things are xplained fully and questions answered i think for me it would of made my band journey that bit easier she also told bobobaldy that she aims/tries to get u to restriction in 3fills god how good would that be anyway im hoping this fill should do it for me please fingers crossed everyone lol but iv decided if im getting no where after this fill i will go see wendy i really think myself and and anyone else who have had a fill with fred and wern't happy with service should mail dr chris and let him know im sure he'd sort him out and dr chris isnt gona want any bad reports about his service my prob is just with the aftercare fred gives us