Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi flirtylass im sorry to hear about your dog.. i no how you feel being attached, i had a boxer dog and loved her to bits, they are part of the family. Dont feel down hearted bwt eating what you did its understandable and at least your back on track x

Hi freckles glad you have got your date for your consultation, fingers crossed you will have your new band very soon, hope you enjoy your holiday x

oh yes, did everyone see GOK last night?? it showed you the gastric band "in person" and how it works etc. that poor joe, lives next door to a friend, she says hes a nice kid, i see him,opposite my house getting on the bus home after school, they must let him out early on his own. i hope that him and all the kids do get help they need, it was a good scheme they were running for them , they were all confident together,and supporting each other,and the weight was coming off at the gym and my local swimming pool, I have 3 boys, and none of them have had the same eating patterns, my eldest ate almost nothing and even had to go to dieticians etc,my middle one eats normally and at meal times, but would rather play out than eat..my youngest is never out of the fridge,cupboard, and is hungry all the time, he is a bit overweight,so i am keeping an eye on him. but it just goes to show how we are all different and its not all about how we are brought up..its that old debate..."nature or nurture".(oh yes, i read a quote from ricky gervais talking about weight loss he said peole should cut down and get off their backsides, and people who have weight loss surgery,such as a gastric band, are fat lazy pigs!!!):( nice!, thats ricky off my xmas card list! gillian x

I LOVE GOK, he must have been so close to where you live when he did the interview with Joe. I'm so jealous. The programme last night was so supportive to the victims of fatism, and that Gok presented with integrity, honesty and understanding. Its more programms like that, which are aimed at vunerable people, giving them support and friendship that are needed, and not the uneducated crass comments of Vicky Gervais. Sorry to get stroppy I'll get off my soap box now, however I will be writing to channel 4 congratulating them on such a good programme.

HELP!! does any one know how soon you can have a fill? I'm booked in for the 12th feb which isn't going to be 4 wks after being banded, I'm just worried that the port area wouldn't of healed enough.. i think the stitches wouldn't of dissolved by then either, Any advice very much appreciated and needed x

HELP!! does any one know how soon you can have a fill? I'm booked in for the 12th feb which isn't going to be 4 wks after being banded, I'm just worried that the port area wouldn't of healed enough.. i think the stitches wouldn't of dissolved by then either, Any advice very much appreciated and needed x

Hi wishfull, me and gillian are also booked in for the same date and I had a slight concern as to whether everything would be ok by then. I had asked Frederick when I booked it and he said it was ok but I am wondering if things may still be a bit tender by then as it will be 1 day short of 4 weeks from surgery. So I would quite like to hear how soon others have had their first fill, bigsister x

Hi wishfull, me and gillian are also booked in for the same date and I had a slight concern as to whether everything would be ok by then. I had asked Frederick when I booked it and he said it was ok but I am wondering if things may still be a bit tender by then as it will be 1 day short of 4 weeks from surgery. So I would quite like to hear how soon others have had their first fill, bigsister x

Hi bigsister and gillian i have just phoned julie, the lady who takes the bookings for the fills and guess what? we are not booked in for the 12th feb, she checked her diary and its fully booked that day and we are defo not down :cursing:, she said Frederik shouldnt of booked us in cos its her who does the bookings not him, she also said she wouldnt let us that date cos we wouldnt be healed enough, i have re-booked for the 12th march, im so glad i phoned to check. She said she is off tomorrow and if you dont speak to her today then phone her friday to rearrange x

Edited by wishfull

Flirtylass - I am so sorry to hear about your dog - that's really sad. Big hugs x

Shoes - don't worry if you are not into Facebook we can keep in touch through this forum or just ask your daughter to help you out!! Let's make sure we keep in touch. I am away for about 10 days and won't have internet access so I will catch up with you then.

mmm - with regards an attachment entitled 'offer' I haven't had anything just an email saying I am book in for 13th March :cursing: - should I phone him?

Wishful, bigsis and gillian I hope you are recovering well and you sort out the fills! I am wondering whether to book directly with Julie then - does she do the diary for London as well?

I won't be on line after tonight for about 10 days or so, I will look forward to catching up with you then

:tongue: xxxxx

Hi sammy77 im doing well thanx for asking, julie does all the bookings for the fills for dr chris so u will need to go through her, catch up with you when your next on line x

Hey wishful i had my fill 4wks after op no problem and as for appointments if u go on the 12th feb i gurantee u'l be seen and get ur fill and TRUST ME u will be so glad u didnt wait a extra month it would be torture for you's i would strongly advise going in feb

Oh and sammy yeah id phone him just to make sure things are booked as u want them i had 2people coming with me and phoned him just to make sure he had extra room booked does no harm and can put ur mind at ease

with regard to the fills...Julie does do the bookings she gave me a time of 1.30 when i turned up it was just a case of make a queue and who was next it took him 5mins max so they will definitely see you!

Hi flirtylass and bytheseaside O i dont know what to do :cursing: ... im still tender round the port area, will it be ok by then? it will be 1 day under the 4 weeks if i go feb. Im doing ok at the min and im not struggling but i dont know what i'll be like next month x

Hi shoes ur all set then ah im doing ok but need a fill big time getting it next thurs in dublin upper pembroke street €120 he comes first thursday of every month and it doesnt come quick enough im in bits at the mo just found out my dog was shot chasin sheep i was so attached to him so i ate a full pack of choc chip Cookies and another packet of bars how clever am i i just said fuck this and ate away but their all ate now so back to being good

Hi Flirty Lass, so sorry to hear about your dog dont blame you with the goodies i would be the same, thats good you have your fill next week you wont be long back on track let me no how you get on:thumbup: how many fills have you had up to now, are you ok drinking Water, do you have to take Vitamins after op, sorry more ?

Hi there -

I got the Realize band on Nov. 17th. I was told to wait 4 to 6 weeks for the first fill, and the fill clinic that I went to wanted the 6 week wait, as well. The cost in Frederick, Maryland is $200. Dr. Susan Brinkley does the fill. She got her band in Monterrey, Mexico. She found the port, about 1-1/2 inches below the large (2") incision. She did 5 ml for the fist fill. So far, the band is not very effective. It will take a couple more fills before it restricts food volume very much. Certainly not the 1/2 cup that I expected.

By the way... the "offer" that Frederik gave me to tell others about is: 4070 euros for surgery, overnight in hospital, 3 nights in Campanile or Crowne Plaza hotels and taxi vouchers. I will e-mail the "offer" letter to anyone interested.

Campanile is right next to train station, and all the buses come there, and you can walk to the hospital or take the "Klinic" bus, but the rooms are very small, especially by US standards, and the Aerowisp Internet access is dreadful... it barely works, even at 3 AM. And, it is not included in the price of the hotel room! You have to pay extra for it! But, the hotel has a good restaurant.

Fred McDavid fred[at]fastaz.net

353 lbs last Sept, 338 lbs pre-surgery and 305 lbs now.

Don't know what a stone is. :cursing: