Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stupid Question, but oh well, I'll still ask...

I start my pureed phase tomorrow for the next two weeks.

1. My doctor said I could have a scrambled egg. Do I need to put the cooked scrambled egg in the blender?

2. I am also seeing a lot of people say they have re-fried Beans and cheese. Do I put that in the blender too?

I'm on a roll with dumb questions that have probably been answered somewhere on this forum....

3. I am assuming I will still need two Protein shakes to make sure I get all my Protein in?

4. Do I put the greek yogurt in the blender? (May be one of the stupidest questions I have ever asked)

Trying to make a daily menu before I go pick up stuff at the store. Can anyone share what a typical day in the puree phase looked like?

Thanks for the help after you stop laughing.

1. No

2. No

3. Most likely

4. Nope!

Yes I'll admit that I snickered! You are over thinking this a bit. If it can be mashed with a fork and it goes through then you are good to go.

Thanks. That is a huge help with the fork.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I didn't laugh or snicker.... those weren't stupid questions!

@@Coachthex32, you call yourself "Coach?" Do the people you coach know that they'd best take cover?

Just teasing. Your sweet, wide-eyed questions remind me that lots of people, meaning me, feel dumb as can be in the early days. It must be natural to take things so literally or feel unsure about almost anything. You're good. You'll be a champ.

P.S. Unlike @@mylighthouse, I laughed (thanks, I really did need it), but certainly agree: Not stoopid at all.

@coachthex32. I didn't eat eggs on my puréed phase. I ate a lot of ricotta bake (which is actually delicious the first couple days) and fat free reformed Beans with melted cheese and a little bit on Taco Bell sauce. Yogurt and cottage cheese is good too! But didn't eat too much of the cottage cheese (small cured) cus I was so nervous to eat or drink anything. Good luck! Pinterest has some good recipes for puréed food as well!

Hi Hun idk if this may sound good to you or weird but if you take the cottage cheese or low fat ricotta cheese and put a little bit of vanilla extract and a pinch of cinnamon it's delightful , I'm not really a big egg person eaither I never really was idk why. Also idk someone was telling me about the laughing cow small lowfat cheese are Also a good way to get Protein and are soft . Also I do a lot of yogurt . And almond milk . emoji33]

Edited by anniecorda

attachicon.gif 20170111_113716.jpg your egg should be soft regardless of how you cook it.

My typical Breakfast below. Egg over easy, smoked salmon a table spoon of salsa and 4 whips (100 percent cheese)

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

this is why I love this site I love smoked salmon I didn't think of trying it yet after surgery thank you

Edited by anniecorda

I would toss a little shredded cheese in with my scrambled eggs. Also, finely mashed (with a fork) egg salad or tuna salad. I'm not a refried Beans person, so I didn't try that. (It's a texture thing for me.) The Ricotta Bake is amazing. I think I lived on that for the first week I was on purees. Also, Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt (15 grams protein) - personally, I love the coconut creme and salted caramel flavors. Just had a strawberry one for breakfast today. You'll find your way. You may find that stuff you liked pre-surgery, you don't like now.

My go to egg dish is 3 parts liquid eggs, 1 part fairlife milk and 1 part cheese. Soft scrambled with a bit of salt and pepper it's good.

HW 385 SW 359 CW 305 Sleeved 10/5/16

@@Coachthex32 These are great questions, especially because you asked them BEFORE you ate the foods :) I was so apprehensive about the pureed/soft phase that for a couple of days, I just ate yogurt.