Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I once asked my dentist if he could remove my sweet tooth!

I mean if he was already in the extracting my wisdom teeth then there had to be a way to take out that darn sweet tooth! Lol

So I am the person that silently throws darts at the person in the room that says "I have never been big on sweets"

I'm always like "Dude, did your mother make you suck on lines with your Similac?"

Well I'm trying to cut back and off of sweets. My pre-opp appointment is next Monday so I'm sure I'm going to be told when my "new normal" eating should begin.

I just don't want to shock my system but slowly ease into not eating sweets ever again in life.

But today I am struggling and it's the first day that I'm starting. Yeah Breakfast was a bust. IHOP French toast.

lunch was Soup and dinner is stew but I really want to go to 7 Eleven and grab a "Big Kat" kit kat bar!!!

What can you guys tell me on how to deal with this? How bad can dumping be? I mean I've been dumping my whole life is it nothing like what they talk about?

Any vets out there?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Dumping is bad. You periodically head to the restroom to vomit over a 4 hour time period. You cannot sleep.

After RNY gastric bypass surgery the part of your stomach that process fat and sugars has been cut away. So if you consume those foods it can lead to dumping. After about a year, your intestines will figure out something is wrong and pick up the slack by learning how to process these foods. Therefore you can introduce them back into your diet again.

Having a sweet tooth is not good. I had one and as a result I developed diabetes. My surgery placed that disease into remission. And as a result, I generally do not consume sugar. I rely on synthetic sweeteners such as splenda and sugar alcohols and no calorie natural sugars like stevia. There are more and more products showing up on the grocery store shelves today that use these sugars. And they can satisfy your sweet tooth without gaining the weight or becoming diabetic.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches