Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

stupid people

The topic interests me, too. I suspect that because of the increasing sophistication of the media and the easy access that we now all have to the technology of the internet we simply get to meet a much broader range of people amd view a much broader range of activities than we did before.

In our real lives our interpersonal contacts are largely edited: that is to say, you will likely know people who do the same kind of work as you do, go to your church (if you do go to one), have graduated from the same schools, and who live in your neighbourhood. They are likely to have similar interests and concerns and have achieved a similar level of education. They will thus appear to be fairly intelligent and fairly sane. (Except, possibly, the in-laws!)

But now, thanks to the unedited free-for-all which is the internet, we are exposed to the vast range of human personalities and interests and, yup, we will be left with the sense that there really are a lot of whackos and idiots out there, many more than you can recall from pre-internet times.

Actually, one of the reasons why I am so fond of the internet is that it leaves me feeling much more intelligent and much more sane than I usually feel. Talk about yer instant ego boost, eh. Haha. :rose: :ranger:

I agree.

The internet has made us aware of some types of people who were quietly there all along, the lunatic fringe.

A perfect example would be the followers of a certain person on another message board who was exposed as a fraud this week. Rather than accept the reality that they were duped by this con-artist, they continue to defend and back her.

That is definite proof that the lunatic fringe does exist.

I think a lot of the problem has to do with technology but with a different twist.

We really don't have to think anymore. We have others that are assigned to do our thinking for us. Or technology thinks for us.

Okay, I can't spell worth a damn, never have been able to do it. I can do complicated algebra equations in my head but I struggle to spell little words. I don't have to learn to spell, I can use spell checker.

Ask a kid how to do an algebra problem and he HAS to pull out his calculator. He can't do it on paper but he can do it with technology.

Our employers are telling us what to do and how to behave 40+ hours a week, our religious leaders are telling us who to vote for and half the time, people don't even realize that. Political leaders create laws for us to follow because we can't behave on our own, hair dryer manufacturers have to put warnings on their product not to use it in a shower. Heck, even Mickey D's has to tell you not to put hot coffee between your legs because people are so damn stupid they'll do it. They even do it WITH the warnings.

We SHOULD be taking advantage of technology and increasing our knowledge and instead we depend on it to do our thinking. It's spooky.

WASa you HAVE to watch this music video, I immediately thought of the chorus when I was reading your last post.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=GtytnTs5z7A]YouTube - Bad Religion - 21st Century Digital Boy[/ame]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches